Car Auction At Big C

mcyachty

Hi there,

I am interested in the car auction that is on in the carprk of the Big C shopping complex on Monday. I am very weary of the pitfalls, and really not confident of buying, but I want to go and check it out in any case. I am looking for a car, but not rushing into it. I want to wait for my work permit to come through before I make any big purchases. Also probably should get through my probationary 3 months at work too.

If there is anyone going to the auction, that knows what is going on, been before, and most importantly understands Thai, and can speak english, I would love to join you.

Otherwise I will be there on my pat malone. Sink or swim!

Edited by mcyachty

We have been many times ,not a lot of good stuff there better to go to the union auction in Bkk for their top quality cars ,by the way the girl that does the auction speaks English and if you are bidding she will give the prices in English it seems ,also you have to put a deposite down before you can bid.

all the best

Its south Pattaya,we had a quick look yesterday as ime after an suv ,but not much there,as i said much better go to BKK where you get a better class of motor .

look up www.union-auction.com for dates ect

Edited by thaimate

Which Big C? South Pattaya or North? I would like to visit and at least look things over. Do you know when it starts?

The one on Sukhumvit next to Homeworks, no idea when it starts or anything else about it, just seen dozens of cars in the Duck Square part of the car park being inspected and marked up with details..

Like my Dad always use to say...."I'd rather visit the dentist than buy a car." Hard to argue with him. It is definitely not a fun process...but unfortunately, necessary....

So you think going to a secondhand car auction.

In Thailand, In Pattaya. is necessary. :)

Lambs to the slaughter.

You go teach those Thai secondhand car dealers a trick or two. :D:D:D

Number one thread of 2010 so far. :)

After many years of car trading in the UK ,can do and have done. :D

If that's the case,

Then you above all people should tell the guy, Dont do it.

Lambs to the slaughter.

If that's the case,

so a guy who lives in OZ is telling people who live here what to do? i am not being rude ,but just because you holiday here what makes you think you know best? many falangs buy at the auctions ,the Thais are not all knowing.

Lambs to the slaughter.

If that's the case,

so a guy who lives in OZ is telling people who live here what to do? i am not being rude ,but just because you holiday here what makes you think you know best? many falangs buy at the auctions ,the Thais are not all knowing.

Been in thailand for 10 years.

And met all the secondhand car dealers i ever wish to meet, thank you.

will change my location, that was my mistake.

If your that good why dont you take the op along to the Big C car Auction.

He will need a lot of help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can give him, all that expert advice and up to date price information for all the motors up for grabs.

Im sure your get him a great deal. :D