Name That Go-go

keyboardwarrior

What's up is even older than Angelwitch. Perhaps Club Mistys across from Angelwitch? That's fairly big and has been there for about a year and a half.

If it was Misty's, and that was their sales blurb they should be sued under the (fictional) Thai Trades Misdescriptions Act.

(Or should that be Trades "Misunderstanding" Act)

What's up is even older than Angelwitch. Perhaps Club Mistys across from Angelwitch? That's fairly big and has been there for about a year and a half.

Mistys would be my guess as well, except it has been around longer than 18 months ,if you count the old location. soi pattaya land.

Mistys would be my guess as well, except it has been around longer than 18 months ,if you count the old location. soi pattaya land.

Never much going on in there as far as I know. It's is a nice place design wise, but the stairs to the toilets is a kind of adventure after a couple of drinks :-)

Why it can't (surely) be Mistys, from the wording in the ad in the OP:

1. "This prime Pattaya Go-Go Bar. Misty's is not a prime Pattaya go go bar. Good fun, but not prime

2. has been running successfully for approximately 18 months. Hmmm

3. and expected net profits for the current financial year stand at 20,000,000 baht, from expected receipts of 55,000,000 baht. Anyone who has been in on an average night high or low season will realise these numbers cannot relate to Mistys no matter how popular and profitable it may be

4. the bar has a top notch location in the Walking Street area of the city. You can't call Mistys a top notch location, although I grant the phrase "Walking Street area" opens up a lot of little sois

5. A large workforce of 120 employees has been fully trained....Mistys definitely doesn't have 120 employees

6. Asking Price: 77,000,000.00" This needs no comment! :)

I'm not knocking Mistys as I quite like it for a half hour thirst quencher, but surely it cannot be the bar described in this ad.

Stickman this weekend named Angelwitch as up for sale for the same price. I'm sure this is no coincidence.

The only part of the description I would take exception to is reputation growing every year. It may be popular with tourists, but most expats seem to avoid for its horrific drinks pricing !, and gouging for subsequent drinks.

Free piece of advice to the owner, if it makes you 20 mill a year, employ a top manager on 1 mill a year, let him have all the stress, and keep banking the 19 mill !!!