Where To Buy Harley Parts In Bangkok?

Turbota

I have a 2004 Harley Sportster XL1200R here in the Philippines. Unfortunatly there are no H-D dealerships here.

I can't ride my bike because of a broken clutch cable.

I will be visiting Bangkok next week for period of 3 weeks. I called the Harley-Davidson Bangkok dealership to see if they had a replacment clutch cable. Didn't seem like anyone in the parts department could speak English, but after finally getting them to understand the H-D part number for the cable, they said it was not in stock.

Anyway, is there any other motorcycle shops in Bangkok that sell replacement cables from companies such as Custom Chrome or Drag Specialties?

I do have P/Ns for these aftermarket companies ... if anyone in Bangkok can get parts like that.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Ron, (Philippines)

Thank's everyone for the replies. I did call Big Twin Thailand a call, but no answer.

I got an email from Harley-Davidson Bangkok. Said they will order the cable. Cost is 3,800 baht ($115 USD) ... The MSRP from H-D in the US is $40 (1,320 baht) ... BIG difference! :)

Ron,

Thank's everyone for the replies. I did call Big Twin Thailand a call, but no answer.

I got an email from Harley-Davidson Bangkok. Said they will order the cable. Cost is 3,800 baht ($115 USD) ... The MSRP from H-D in the US is $40 (1,320 baht) ... BIG difference! :)

Ron,

Packing and shipping costs, customs duty, exise tax and VAT here in Thailand. It all adds up. Nobody buys motorcycle parts here unless they absolutely have to.

I got an email from Harley-Davidson Bangkok. Said they will order the cable. Cost is 3,800 baht ($115 USD) ... The MSRP from H-D in the US is $40 (1,320 baht) ... BIG difference! :D

Ron,

3.800 for a clutch cable :) I will keep the Yamaha :D

I got an email from Harley-Davidson Bangkok. Said they will order the cable. Cost is 3,800 baht ($115 USD) ... The MSRP from H-D in the US is $40 (1,320 baht) ... BIG difference! :D

Ron,

The poster is looking for help not asking what you ride.WGAF

Ron,

even if they add $ 300 for sh&h (it should fit nicely into the smallest flat rate Priority Mail box @ $ 12.95), you should come ahead ordering abroad.

Try neighboring country H.D. dealerrships? How about Singapore, if time is of the essence?

Chris

Ron,

The poster is looking for help not asking what you ride.WGAF

Wa------