Grrrr

monty

My wife is in the construction business and is getting hammered by all this rain.

The whole planning revolves around December/January being dry, but dry it ain't at the moment :)

In my 17 years in Thailand, getting rain like this in January I can count on 1 hand!

wondered how long it would be before there was a thread about the unusual weather! strange indeed, though for most very welcome, remember showers this time of year, or the odd squall coming off the sea, but these are prolonged rain showers...............?

A fairly serious shower just landed on Ban Chang as I ordered dinner about 45 minutes ago. I spoke to a friend from around 15km NE of here at 18:00 and she told me it was pouring down where she was, although it was still dry in Ban Chang. This one came from inland judging by the time difference between the cell-phone weather report and being inundated mid-roast lamb.

No joke, January 2010 might be the most rainiest in the history of Thailand. The showers and thunderstorms were so frequent as in April (on average). For example in Bangkok areas rained about 100 mm, in some spots even more than 200 mm which is equivalent to some months during the rainy season. Anyhow I'm very happy to see the green grass around and let's admit that rain during the dry(cool) season can't hurt, it's just beneficial :)