Pattaya -air Asia Office

chillibilly

Tuk.com

under the escalator on the ground floor.

[/quote___________________________

mmm I remember seeing a small stand there. Is it a real "representative" or is it a general booking travel agent?

(The gal at the old Air Asia office near Woodlands was totally non-trained, so I am not getting my hopes up with this new location.)

(The gal at the old Air Asia office near Woodlands was totally non-trained, so I am not getting my hopes up with this new location.)

Looks like the regular AirAsia bashing is back on the agenda.

In their defense:

- The staff at their office at Lotus Rama 1 (Bkk) could not be any more focused, knowledgeable, polite and helpful.

- Last eight flights I've done (two round trips to Hanoi, and two round trips to Chiang Mai):

- - They have departed exactly on time and on most of these flight they arrived 5 to 15 minutes early.

-- Check-in staff were friendly and helpful, and cabin staff were friendly and helpful.

-- On one return trip from Hanoi they moved mountains for a small group of young Europenean travellers who's documents were not quite in order, all very focused and very friendly.

I didn't know they had any offices apart from the ones at airports. Their website and inflight magazine 360 doesn't list any offices either. That's supposed to be part of the 'budget' concept, no high-rent, high street stores.

They do-since some 3 years and mostly in backpack oriented places. Like just round the corner from KhaoSarnroad here in Bangkok. Also main street Penang, and in the Stesyun Sentral in KUL. They clearly aim at a different public as most readers here seem to belong to?

Before that-and they still do, run some very small desks in various tescoLotus stores, though these seem to revolve or so every few monthes. And I do recall they were all listed somewhere on their website

After realizing there was NO longer an Air Asia office in Pattaya, I bravely called the main Bangkok office and waited less than 1 minute before asking an English speaking operator about my problem (Air Asia had changed the time of a flight which meant I would be missing my "connecting flight" also on Air Aisia"... After giving my code number and such I was transferred to "booking" and then put on a 15 plus minute hold so I hung up eventually. I tried again, and this time it was only a 5 minute hold. Everything was taken care of and no extra cost... the booking agent changed the time for my first flight so I wouldn't miss the connecting one out of KL. NOTE: It is great to take advantage of Air Asia's big promotion/ discount prices but when you have to book them 6 months in advance, the times may change on you.

True, Air Asia is a no frills thrift airline but unfortunatly the airline companies in the USA seem to be following Air Asia's tactics... charge for check in baggage; charge for soft drinks; offer special promotions then change the time schedules 6 months later... But I'll take the polite, smiling flight attendants on Air Asia anyday compared to the irritated, impatient flight attendants on Northwest, United, or Delta airlines.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...
<br />Went looking for the Air Asia office at Central Festival yesterday and the "Concierge" desk told me there is not and has never been an Air Asia office there.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Just to add to that - I wandered round the Central Festival Mall last weekend and found what seemed to be the only travel agent in the place, tucked away in the basement. I wanted to book an Air Asia flight to Stansted, paying cash. The woman said she could do that. But then she got it up on the computer and said they don't fly there. I said I know they do, I've looked it up online, I know what day and time I want to fly and how much it is, I just want you to book it so I can pay you cash for it. She said OK, come back tomorrow with all the details.

I duly turned up and the woman wasn't there, but after some faffing about, her colleague said they can only make bookings out of KL, not Bangkok.

A TIT classic!

However, in fairness to Air Asia, I just called their BKK office and got through to a very pleasant and helpful English speaker in 0 seconds flat. She told me I can either pay cash and book at their counter at Suvarnabhumi (which is quite easy for me as I live right next to the Phaya Thai rail link) or get the BTS to On Nut and buy it at their office in the Lotus supermarket, which she says is next door.

<br />Went looking for the Air Asia office at Central Festival yesterday and the "Concierge" desk told me there is not and has never been an Air Asia office there.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Just to add to that - I wandered round the Central Festival Mall last weekend and found what seemed to be the only travel agent in the place, tucked away in the basement. I wanted to book an Air Asia flight to Stansted, paying cash. The woman said she could do that. But then she got it up on the computer and said they don't fly there. I said I know they do, I've looked it up online, I know what day and time I want to fly and how much it is, I just want you to book it so I can pay you cash for it. She said OK, come back tomorrow with all the details.

I duly turned up and the woman wasn't there, but after some faffing about, her colleague said they can only make bookings out of KL, not Bangkok.

A TIT classic!

AA have always been a point to point airline, meaning that they don't do transfers/transits (through flights via another destination), this means that they can only book you a ticket from KL to Stanstead.. but would also be able to do you a separate booking from BKK to KL, but there is no guarantee from the airline that the two would synchronise properly.

I believe they have just offering a type of transfer service called 'fly through', but only limited destinations.

Totster :D

Edit - Actually, I just checked, and 'fly thru' should be available for London - Bangkok (both ways)

http://www.airasia.com/th/en/tf_schedule.page

totster

Edited by Totster

However, in fairness to Air Asia, I just called their BKK office and got through to a very pleasant and helpful English speaker in 0 seconds flat. She told me I can either pay cash and book at their counter at Suvarnabhumi (which is quite easy for me as I live right next to the Phaya Thai rail link) or get the BTS to On Nut and buy it at their office in the Lotus supermarket, which she says is next door.

Though it's hardly an office, it's a one person kiosk. That said said, as you were told, it's linked to the BTS, on the upper floor by the furthest entrance to the actual Tesco-Lotus, for a small outlet they seem pretty busy, you do pay extra for booking there rather than online.

<br /><br /><br />

A TIT classic!

That's true, Air Asia X only fly out of KL, you have to book a separate ticket from BKK to KL.

I had a problem paying AA through their online site last year with a debit/CC. I called the BKK office and was given a roughly 15 digit number that I was able to pay at 7/11. Nice, as I still got the internet rate.biggrin.gif