Good Article

dickie58

I think the best chance you have at selling your property is if you contact Fair properties Real Estate office in Jomtien.Ask for Robert.

He is the only one who could sell for you at that price. Maybe Paragon also.

Wasn't Craig at Paragon arrested a couple of weeks ago, the report i saw suggested, he had ripped of his buisnuess partner for 14 mill.

I met Craig when he worked for Northern Thai, no thanks.

I also know of Robert at Fair properties, somebody told me a while ago he was now living in the middle East, Dubai or something. I know the office is still there.

I was only joking with you about those offices lol, Fair properties should have a un before fair. You heard robert is in the middle east? interesting.What is that prat up to there.Because here they seem to have allot of problems with people claiming that they have stolen there money. I Offcourse cannot confirm if these stories are true.

Edited by jklkjlkjlkj

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting a little bit skewed toward dickie's house on the last few few posts aren't we guys? keep it on topic and we'll get to ten pages, Have to say I'm enjoying this thread immensely.

Did I say ten I meant eleven.

I think the best chance you have at selling your property is if you contact Fair properties Real Estate office in Jomtien.Ask for Robert.

He is the only one who could sell for you at that price. Maybe Paragon also.

Wasn't Craig at Paragon arrested a couple of weeks ago, the report i saw suggested, he had ripped of his buisnuess partner for 14 mill.

I met Craig when he worked for Northern Thai, no thanks.

I also know of Robert at Fair properties, somebody told me a while ago he was now living in the middle East, Dubai or something. I know the office is still there.

I was only joking with you about those offices lol, Fair properties should have a un before fair. You heard robert is in the middle east? interesting.What is that prat up to there.Because here they seem to have allot of problems with people claiming that they have stolen there money. I Offcourse cannot confirm if these stories are true.

I heard a similar rumour about fair properties, there was a thread on TV running sometime ago about this?

Well Rich even though i Do not Agree with your price i do think your house is very beautifull.I actually live in the condo on the beach there which means we live pretty close to each other. I feel you and i are very intelligent men. I guess i should not judge you as i value my condo at a ridiculous price also.I would not sell my condo for anything under 40 Mill. Maybe a rich Russian will buy from you as there are many in that area. Goodluck my Friend.

Jkl - you said: I actually live in the condo on the beach there which means we live pretty close to each other.

And then: Maybe a rich Russian will buy from you as there are many in that area

Surely you should have said "OUR area" and not "that area" if you and "RICH"58 are close neighbours?! :)

I'd love to see you two sharing a Chang down the beach at 7am with the frazzled ladyboys, druggies and p*ssed Russians when I go for my early morning runs at Pratamnak. Or maybe I shouldn't say that, as it will knock 100,000 Baht off your property values right there.

No not really, that area means the whole of Phratmanak . Calling him my neighbour was light hearted as we are both living in phratmanak. Did you learn your detective skills from our wonderfull Boys in Brown lol My Area is mine and mine alone(my apartment). "That area' can be considered as any other area except my own. :) simples lol .

Send me a private pm and i will invite you around for a cup of Tea some morning as i enjoy meeting new people.

And yes The Buggers on the beach can be Disgusting but not everything can be perfect.

No Chang for me Thankyou.

Jd and coke is more up My Street

Edited by jklkjlkjlkj

Well Rich even though i Do not Agree with your price i do think your house is very beautifull.I actually live in the condo on the beach there which means we live pretty close to each other. I feel you and i are very intelligent men. I guess i should not judge you as i value my condo at a ridiculous price also.I would not sell my condo for anything under 40 Mill. Maybe a rich Russian will buy from you as there are many in that area. Goodluck my Friend.

So at last you have calmed down, well done.

Doesn't sound like your a bad bloke after all. If you want to pm me feel free & i'm happy to meet you & sharecropper for a coffee 1 morning, i'm always up very early, 6am?

I know of a penthouse condo on the beach not far from me, Uk guy owns it, yours for 63 milion bht, i've seen it & its very nice, but wouldn't pay that

I'm personally not keen on these Russians, but i will take there money?!!!

Edited by dickie58

Although i'm not sure this is within TV rules, i'll soon be told if its not, here goes.

As a few of you have been having a good hearted dig at me, & i've taken it without any trouble as i feel your all entitled to your own opinon.

How about of few of you guys posting a picture, & a few brief details including rough sizes, & area, of your house or condo for us to see, & if you were to put it on the market tomorrow, what would you want for it.

We don't want this thread turning into a dutch auction, but maybe a few of you will show us what you have got?

As this thread is dying off a bit, maybe this will give it a new lease of life.

Is this OK RIMMER?

6 am, :) . Anytime after 9 is ok with me lol. I feel now that maybe i was a bit harsh about your property.And after doing some research

and have compared some prices with some friends i now do believe that 20 Million straight up would be about right for your house .What do you think?

In the spirit of co operation and working towards common a dream of a 10 page thread, here's my contribution:

I wish there were more pictures. And discussions about floor plans and about Pratamnak area in general. Is the neighborhood kid friendly? How are the schools? Will there be guaranteed rental income and if yes, how much and for how long. I could go on.

Also, financing options, alltough I understand that 25 mil in cash would be appriciated.

it is not really THAT expensive, I recently looked at a web site with listings in Monaco and compared to prices over there Pratamnak is a bargain, really.

And then this:

as i feel your all entitled to your own opinon.

I only wish everyone here was as generous as you! Thank you!

In the spirit of co operation and working towards common a dream of a 10 page thread, here's my contribution:

I wish there were more pictures. And discussions about floor plans and about Pratamnak area in general. Is the neighborhood kid friendly? How are the schools? Will there be guaranteed rental income and if yes, how much and for how long. I could go on.

Also, financing options, alltough I understand that 25 mil in cash would be appriciated.

it is not really THAT expensive, I recently looked at a web site with listings in Monaco and compared to prices over there Pratamnak is a bargain, really.

And then this:

as i feel your all entitled to your own opinon.

I only wish everyone here was as generous as you! Thank you!

Thank you for your very nice comments.

I'm sorry, but i don't think its right to compare Pratmanak & Pattaya, to Monaco, very diffrent!!!

If your intrested in my house send me a PM

Thanks.

Although i'm not sure this is within TV rules, i'll soon be told if its not, here goes.

As a few of you have been having a good hearted dig at me, & i've taken it without any trouble as i feel your all entitled to your own opinon.

How about of few of you guys posting a picture, & a few brief details including rough sizes, & area, of your house or condo for us to see, & if you were to put it on the market tomorrow, what would you want for it.

We don't want this thread turning into a dutch auction, but maybe a few of you will show us what you have got?

As this thread is dying off a bit, maybe this will give it a new lease of life.

Is this OK RIMMER?

Dickie, I am ashamed of my humble abode and would never put a picture on the internet. I also am paying too much for it.

BULLISH: Robert Collins, managing director of Savills (Thailand)

I see they mis-spelled a word there...

Like it. :D:D:D

Yes as here on Samui, these Brit bull---t artists dream up what they think is an impressive sounding name, then think business will come running to their door. Savills (as in Saville Row) ha ha ! then we have Knightsbridge property, Sterling Investments, Churchill Estates..... just wait until Kipling Properties shows up ! W----kers :D

Is Titanic Property Ltd. taken yet?? For the continental European clientel The Bismarck Building Company might sound attractive! :)

6 am, :) . Anytime after 9 is ok with me lol. I feel now that maybe i was a bit harsh about your property.And after doing some research

and have compared some prices with some friends i now do believe that 20 Million straight up would be about right for your house .What do you think?

JKL,

I've just sent you a PM, I enclosed my phone number if you want a chat over a coffee?

Yes as here on Samui, these Brit bull---t artists dream up what they think is an impressive sounding name, then think business will come running to their door. Savills (as in Saville Row) ha ha ! then we have Knightsbridge property, Sterling Investments, Churchill Estates..... just wait until Kipling Properties shows up ! W----kers :)

Haven't real estate prices gone completley OTT in Samui, that's what i had heard?

Second highest holiday home real estate prices behind Phuket?

When i lived down in Lamai 14 years ago it was great, my mate who still lives there tells me I wouldn't recognise the place now, i've not been down there for over 10 years.

Edited by dickie58

I have my house for sale in Ptty, i have had it listed with 14 agents since August 2009.

In total i have had 5 viewings, from 3 agents. No buyers, or offers.

Quite a few of the agents haven't even advertised it.

Its not that there is something wrong with the property.

http://classifieds.thaivisa.com/?act=show_...4&aid=28866

Excuse my ignorance but what makes your house worth 25,000,000? Is it the land location?

Very nice house, land prices in Phratmanak hill area very high.

There is a 1 rai piece of land 200 metres from my house for 38 milion bht, fantastic sea views.

Also 2.5 rai almost oposite me for 60 milion bht, neither owned by me unfortunatley!!!

It's not worth 25m, may be 15m on a good day. There is a condo being built next door so not private when finished. 25m is dreaming.

[

Well the least I can say is that the OP succeeded in creating a topic with the only intention of selling his private house that has been running for 9 pages already without being removed.

Other people would be entitled to a classified only. :)

The reason it has run to 9 pages so far is that it is a very entertaining and informative topic.

We can all relate to Dickie's situation and have our own ideas about whether or not he will find a buyer. Dickie58 I particularly enjoy your robust good tempered replies to your sceptics.

Each sale requires a willing buyer prepared to pay a price that the seller finds acceptable. In this case the property is listed at 25m bt. Having once sold a large (7bed with stables) detached house in a conservation area on a river estuary in the UK I can say the market is small but it exists. It will only take one person to say YES and the house is sold.

Whilst living here I have been amazed at the range of prices asked and received for both condos and houses. One Thai lady I know of who works in a Bangkok restaurant as a cook has built a two storey, three bed house in Isaan for 100,000 baht so far! Walls, windows,roof and flooring but not completed yet. Its an ongoing long term Thai style project.

I wonder what the build cost was of Dickie's property? How many metres at ***? Now make an adjustment for the decline/increase in desirability of Pratunmak Hill (Up or down, Up To You). Now allow for general depreciation of farang currencies against Thai Baht. What figure are we left with?

I wish you the best of luck with your sale. Keep on posting. Its a fascinating story unfolding.

Thank you for your support & glad your enjoying the thread i started.

To give you an idea of the current land values around here a plot slightly bigger than mine has recently been sold behind me, it was 4 sale 4, 18 milion bht, no idea what it sold for. As i'm on a corner, I have concrete rds on 2 sides i would think my land is on par with that asking price.

Maybe some of the guys who doubt that should ask the local agents what land is going for in this Soi?

It doesn't matter what i paid for this land back in 2002, its what the land values are now what matter?

As 1 Thai family/company owns a lot of land in this Soi, & has done for many years, there are not that many plots 4 sale, they will only give a 30 year lease on the plots they own.

My house has an internal living space of 350sqm, & is built to a high western standards, upvc windows, alarm system, 12 x 6 pool, Western kitchen, i 'm sure you can work out a rough idea on building costs, yes of course i know how much it cost, but i'm not going to say on this open forum, why should I.

I also agree that buyers are very thin on the ground at the moment.

Heard this week one Village development on the darkside has just raised there comision to the agents if they sell 1 of there 14 remaning houses by the end of March, houses on this village start at around 3.5 milion.

The reason behind starting this thread was not just to sell this house, it was informative, what any of you might think.

Although a few of you have been openly having a dig at me, i've done my best to keep calm & not get upset or blow my top

Your land is not as good as the plot recently bought near the beach at the bottom of soi 6 P'nak. Wake up man!!

am mostly concerned about the long term prospects of house ownership anyway.One day the authorities are going to wake up and start asking questions. Look what happened in Goa,all once welcome,same same property boom there as here,probably more so,then kaput,the local and national govt made house ownership of foreigners virtually illegal,plus visas were curtailed to the point you cannot live there anymore.The UK govt and other foreign nationals govts stepped in to try and help but they have been virtually robbed by the Indians. I know this is not India thank God,but it could follow a similar path in time.

Tune your computer into Britishexpats,web site....rest of world...Goa,just see the unfolding disaster that is happening to thousands of not just Brits but all nationalities.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/index.php

Edited by jb4446

I have never really understood paying large amounts of money for land and houses in third world countries.

Lack of infrastructure, crime, political uncertainty, corrupt police and judiciary, unfriendly land laws etc all make spending a lot of money on real estate in Thailand a bit problematic.

I suppose if you have bucketloads of money and it is small potatoes to you then go ahead.

BTW Plenty of beachside properties of good value in Australia outside the capital cities for 25 million baht or thereabouts and you can bank on it being a good investment.

I have never really understood paying large amounts of money for land and houses in third world countries.

Lack of infrastructure, crime, political uncertainty, corrupt police and judiciary, unfriendly land laws etc all make spending a lot of money on real estate in Thailand a bit problematic.

I suppose if you have bucketloads of money and it is small potatoes to you then go ahead.

BTW Plenty of beachside properties of good value in Australia outside the capital cities for 25 million baht or thereabouts and you can bank on it being a good investment.

Luckily it has been a long time since Thailand was considered a third world country!! Or were you referring to Goa / India in the preceeding post?

Austrailian immigration makes Thiland immigration look easy!!, especially for retirees! :)

Is Titanic Property Ltd. taken yet?? For the continental European clientel The Bismarck Building Company might sound attractive! :)

nice ones!

also, Zeppelin Prtmnk Ltd, for the cross Atlantic appeal

Yeah, maybe we will soon The Hindenburg Hillside Residence advertise for their latest project. Our motto: "Pay now, and dream forever about your new home". :D

Edited by sorensen

Luckily it has been a long time since Thailand was considered a third world country!! Or were you referring to Goa / India in the preceeding post?

Austrailian immigration makes Thiland immigration look easy!!, especially for retirees! :)

Thailand is most definitely a Third World country. And one going in reverse.

I agree completely with you,especially on the last sentence.

Well, if you can find Thailand mentioned anywhere in this comprehesive definition of Third world countries, then my apologies to you sir!

http://www.nationsonline.org/oneworld/third_world.htm

Lenny, you know what he means. Dinna split hairs

At's a fair hair t split!!, nae even close!

Well, if you can find Thailand mentioned anywhere in this comprehesive definition of Third world countries, then my apologies to you sir!

http://www.nationsonline.org/oneworld/third_world.htm

Lenny, you know what he means. Dinna split hairs

At's a fair hair t split!!, nae even close!

sa we nids noo, the Doric

[

Well the least I can say is that the OP succeeded in creating a topic with the only intention of selling his private house that has been running for 9 pages already without being removed.

Other people would be entitled to a classified only. :)

The reason it has run to 9 pages so far is that it is a very entertaining and informative topic.

We can all relate to Dickie's situation and have our own ideas about whether or not he will find a buyer. Dickie58 I particularly enjoy your robust good tempered replies to your sceptics.

Each sale requires a willing buyer prepared to pay a price that the seller finds acceptable. In this case the property is listed at 25m bt. Having once sold a large (7bed with stables) detached house in a conservation area on a river estuary in the UK I can say the market is small but it exists. It will only take one person to say YES and the house is sold.

Whilst living here I have been amazed at the range of prices asked and received for both condos and houses. One Thai lady I know of who works in a Bangkok restaurant as a cook has built a two storey, three bed house in Isaan for 100,000 baht so far! Walls, windows,roof and flooring but not completed yet. Its an ongoing long term Thai style project.

I wonder what the build cost was of Dickie's property? How many metres at ***? Now make an adjustment for the decline/increase in desirability of Pratunmak Hill (Up or down, Up To You). Now allow for general depreciation of farang currencies against Thai Baht. What figure are we left with?

I wish you the best of luck with your sale. Keep on posting. Its a fascinating story unfolding.

Thank you for your support & glad your enjoying the thread i started.

To give you an idea of the current land values around here a plot slightly bigger than mine has recently been sold behind me, it was 4 sale 4, 18 milion bht, no idea what it sold for. As i'm on a corner, I have concrete rds on 2 sides i would think my land is on par with that asking price.

Maybe some of the guys who doubt that should ask the local agents what land is going for in this Soi?

It doesn't matter what i paid for this land back in 2002, its what the land values are now what matter?

As 1 Thai family/company owns a lot of land in this Soi, & has done for many years, there are not that many plots 4 sale, they will only give a 30 year lease on the plots they own.

My house has an internal living space of 350sqm, & is built to a high western standards, upvc windows, alarm system, 12 x 6 pool, Western kitchen, i 'm sure you can work out a rough idea on building costs, yes of course i know how much it cost, but i'm not going to say on this open forum, why should I.

I also agree that buyers are very thin on the ground at the moment.

Heard this week one Village development on the darkside has just raised there comision to the agents if they sell 1 of there 14 remaning houses by the end of March, houses on this village start at around 3.5 milion.

The reason behind starting this thread was not just to sell this house, it was informative, what any of you might think.

Although a few of you have been openly having a dig at me, i've done my best to keep calm & not get upset or blow my top

Your land is not as good as the plot recently bought near the beach at the bottom of soi 6 P'nak. Wake up man!!

I know of a 207tw land plot sold at the bottom of soi 6 Phratmanak recently for 18 milion, that is just land. & yes there is a condo being built next door to me, i think that was discussed on earlier pages?

I think your the one who needs to wake up

Edited by dickie58