Good Article

dickie58

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[

Well the least I can say is that the OP succeeded in creating a topic with the only intention of selling his private house that has been running for 9 pages already without being removed.

Other people would be entitled to a classified only. :)

The reason it has run to 9 pages so far is that it is a very entertaining and informative topic.

We can all relate to Dickie's situation and have our own ideas about whether or not he will find a buyer. Dickie58 I particularly enjoy your robust good tempered replies to your sceptics.

Each sale requires a willing buyer prepared to pay a price that the seller finds acceptable. In this case the property is listed at 25m bt. Having once sold a large (7bed with stables) detached house in a conservation area on a river estuary in the UK I can say the market is small but it exists. It will only take one person to say YES and the house is sold.

Whilst living here I have been amazed at the range of prices asked and received for both condos and houses. One Thai lady I know of who works in a Bangkok restaurant as a cook has built a two storey, three bed house in Isaan for 100,000 baht so far! Walls, windows,roof and flooring but not completed yet. Its an ongoing long term Thai style project.

I wonder what the build cost was of Dickie's property? How many metres at ***? Now make an adjustment for the decline/increase in desirability of Pratunmak Hill (Up or down, Up To You). Now allow for general depreciation of farang currencies against Thai Baht. What figure are we left with?

I wish you the best of luck with your sale. Keep on posting. Its a fascinating story unfolding.

Thank you for your support & glad your enjoying the thread i started.

To give you an idea of the current land values around here a plot slightly bigger than mine has recently been sold behind me, it was 4 sale 4, 18 milion bht, no idea what it sold for. As i'm on a corner, I have concrete rds on 2 sides i would think my land is on par with that asking price.

Maybe some of the guys who doubt that should ask the local agents what land is going for in this Soi?

It doesn't matter what i paid for this land back in 2002, its what the land values are now what matter?

As 1 Thai family/company owns a lot of land in this Soi, & has done for many years, there are not that many plots 4 sale, they will only give a 30 year lease on the plots they own.

My house has an internal living space of 350sqm, & is built to a high western standards, upvc windows, alarm system, 12 x 6 pool, Western kitchen, i 'm sure you can work out a rough idea on building costs, yes of course i know how much it cost, but i'm not going to say on this open forum, why should I.

I also agree that buyers are very thin on the ground at the moment.

Heard this week one Village development on the darkside has just raised there comision to the agents if they sell 1 of there 14 remaning houses by the end of March, houses on this village start at around 3.5 milion.

The reason behind starting this thread was not just to sell this house, it was informative, what any of you might think.

Although a few of you have been openly having a dig at me, i've done my best to keep calm & not get upset or blow my top

Edited by dickie58

In 2010 and we are still in the midst of global credit crunch so anyone who buys a condo

" off the plan " must have more money than sense :) Unless the developer agrees to comply with

the new Escrow Business Act in Thailand you are throwing your money away. If the developer

isnt complying with the Escrow Business Act it suggests either they have no money of their

own or bad faith on their part or both!

http://thailand-realestate.com/blog/?p=129

Even the so called 'reputable developers' refuse to do a deal in escrow, although I did read on here that The Beaches Project in Bang Sare uses escrow.

Your land is overpriced.If somebody buys your land within the next 3 years ill run down walking street naked and let Howard Arrest me.

Thats your opinon, & your entitled to it, but not everyone agrees with you I can assure you of that.

I have had a few PM's from other people posting on this thread supporting me.

It's also fair to say that not everyone can afford to buy a big house on Phratmanak, or for that case want to live on Phratmanak. Everyone has there prefered Pattaya location.

It's always been the case Ptty included, you pay for location.

It's no secret that you get much more for your money on the darkside, or in the varous Ptty suburbs, but then again not everyone wants to be out there. But even out there house sales are very slow, even at much lower prices so i'm told?

I heard of a 3 storey house for sale on Phratmanak this week on 80tw land, 12 milion bht

Within the last 2 days i have had 2 viewings of my place, both Russians.

The first guy yesterday really likes it, but his father is putting up the money so i gather, so he needs to speak to him first. He came through the 4 sale sign on my gate.

The second Russian couple today weren't intrested, but I've since heard they didn't like any of the properties the agent showed them.

Edited by dickie58

Doesnt matter much if some people have viewed it,some people i know have had 50 people view there property but still no buyers.

Sometimes people look just for the sake of looking. I am not worried if people agree with me or not. What do they know.

I for example have enough money to buy your propery but i would never even entertain that thought because it is way overpriced.

To be honest your a bit of a fool but that is just my opinion and im sure not everyone agrees :)

You live on this site trying to propmote your property,

Not a chance mate.

Your fk98d

Edited by jklkjlkjlkj

Doesnt matter much if some people have viewed it,some people i know have had 50 people view there property but still no buyers.

Sometimes people look just for the sake of looking.

Yes that is a very fair comment, there are a lot of time wasters out there, I accept that

Not much i can do about that i'm afraid

Is think the comment is "What do you Know"

Edited by dickie58

I don't need to get into a debate with you about this so this will be my final word on this topic.
Your land is overpriced.If somebody buys your land within the next 3 years ill run down walking street naked and let Howard Arrest me.

I smell the multi time banned Dpolenz!!

Oh and i just saw you latest post, pretty much confirms it!! :)

I for example have enough money to buy your propery

[

Well the least I can say is that the OP succeeded in creating a topic with the only intention of selling his private house that has been running for 9 pages already without being removed.

Other people would be entitled to a classified only. :)

The reason it has run to 9 pages so far is that it is a very entertaining and informative topic.

We can all relate to Dickie's situation and have our own ideas about whether or not he will find a buyer. Dickie58 I particularly enjoy your robust good tempered replies to your sceptics.

Each sale requires a willing buyer prepared to pay a price that the seller finds acceptable. In this case the property is listed at 25m bt. Having once sold a large (7bed with stables) detached house in a conservation area on a river estuary in the UK I can say the market is small but it exists. It will only take one person to say YES and the house is sold.

Whilst living here I have been amazed at the range of prices asked and received for both condos and houses. One Thai lady I know of who works in a Bangkok restaurant as a cook has built a two storey, three bed house in Isaan for 100,000 baht so far! Walls, windows,roof and flooring but not completed yet. Its an ongoing long term Thai style project.

I wonder what the build cost was of Dickie's property? How many metres at ***? Now make an adjustment for the decline/increase in desirability of Pratunmak Hill (Up or down, Up To You). Now allow for general depreciation of farang currencies against Thai Baht. What figure are we left with? 250,000 baht, right? Did I win something? :D

I wish you the best of luck with your sale. Keep on posting. Its a fascinating story unfolding.

Dickie, It might be helpful to understand that you are competing with other sellers for a select few prospective buyers. Those who have already sold were your opponents who have beaten you by whatever method they have chosen. But their method, whatever it was, was superior to your method. You only have a few variables under your control and the pool of buyers gets smaller by the day.

Dickie, It might be helpful to understand that you are competing with other sellers for a select few prospective buyers. Those who have already sold were your opponents who have beaten you by whatever method they have chosen. But their method, whatever it was, was superior to your method. You only have a few variables under your control and the pool of buyers gets smaller by the day.

For what Dickie is offering in that location, land size, house size and quality of build, as well as the possibility of owner finance, then i doubt any other sellers that i have seen in the immediate area can compete with him.

As has been posted already, many land plots alone around there are priced higher than what Dickie is offering with a completed , big and nice house.

I agree buyers are thin on the ground, and the last couple of days with the drop in the euro and pound does not help, but despite price fluctuations, you cannot take away that the location or size and quality of the property is indeed prime.

I think what you may have seen Pakboong is sellers who have actually waaaay overpriced their properties in the first instance with the sole intention of making a "dramatic reduction in price" to seduce, induce, doop (call it what you will) buyers into thinking they are getting a massive bargain??, i see this all too often!, it used to be mainly a Thai trait, but i do see so many "falangs" trying to come away with the same BS these days.

Keep your head up Dickie!

In 2010 and we are still in the midst of global credit crunch so anyone who buys a condo

" off the plan " must have more money than sense :D Unless the developer agrees to comply with

the new Escrow Business Act in Thailand you are throwing your money away. If the developer

isnt complying with the Escrow Business Act it suggests either they have no money of their

Even the so called 'reputable developers' refuse to do a deal in escrow, although I did read on here that The Beaches Project in Bang Sare uses escrow.

In that case just sit back and wait for the finished product. :)

I mean just based on comments in this thread let alone the incredible economic risks building up around the world right now

.........no developer can use the old tactic " hurry hurry sign here in case you miss out " !

And these days reputation and 50 cents will get you a cup of coffee.....Lehman Brothers were also reputable :D

I don't need to get into a debate with you about this so this will be my final word on this topic.

I smell the multi time banned Dpolenz!!

Oh and i just saw you latest post, pretty much confirms it!! :)

I for example have enough money to buy your propery

I think you are flattering Dpolenz. Much as I enjoyed some of his extremely knowledgeable posts on certain illegal subcultural aspects of life in Thailand, he couldn't string a coherent, full sentence together like this poster.

As it's Sunday, lets try being nice to one another?!!

How about some postive comments on Pattaya property in general for a change.

Ok I'll go first:

1. There's loads of it

2. It's a great market for renters - and buyers if you get the right seller!

um,um, no cant think of any reason to buy at the moment ,but will keep on thinking about it :)

" off the plan " must have more money than sense :) Unless the developer agrees to comply with

I thought a farang involved with the Beaches project in BS, did a runner with a load of money/deposits?

Does this mean as they are registered with this Escrow thingie, buyers may get there deposits back?

I doubt it.

Dickie you were cute to start this Thread, very cute i will Grant you that my son. Lol

Your still not going to sell it though. I'm sorry i hate to be Negative but i feel

you need to wake up a little bit. I would be delighted for you if i turn out to be

wrong though. But me being wrong does not happen very often.

I wish you all the best though.

Sharecroper where is this thread going?

Today we will be nice to each other because it is Sunday?

What about Tommorow, It's monday.

Duckie be carefull of those Russians

they may be casing the joint out my Son.

Dickie you were cute to start this Thread, very cute i will Grant you that my son. Lol

Your still not going to sell it though. I'm sorry i hate to be Negative but i feel

you need to wake up a little bit. I would be delighted for you if i turn out to be

wrong though. But me being wrong does not happen very often.

I wish you all the best though.

Sharecroper where is this thread going?

Today we will be nice to each other because it is Sunday?

What about Tommorow, It's monday.

Duckie be carefull of those Russians

they may be casing the joint out my Son.

I notice some people are calling you by a diffrent name , as you have only just joined, have you re-joined under a different name, or were you barred from TV previuosly?

I thought we were trying to get some postive comments today, is the above a postive comment?

One person now means "some" does it? No, I have never joined here before. The only reason i joined was to Say R.I.P To Mr Somsak Martin who passed away recently.{ His House was Amazing not like yours Ducky)

Ducky i am not going to be positive just to make you feel better.

Your property is wayyyyyyyy overpriced. And anyone with Half a Brain knows that.

I am not saying that your house is not nice, it is a beautifull house at the right price.

But it is not the right price which makes it less attractive.

Infact it's bordering on Ugly.

Ducky your not going to get any joy out of me so surround yourself

with other posters who don't have a clue and will tell you what you want to hear.

Your cute though, very cute.

Ten Pages you masterminded.

Edited by jklkjlkjlkj

BULLISH: Robert Collins, managing director of Savills (Thailand)

I see they mis-spelled a word there...

Like it. :D:D:D

Yes as here on Samui, these Brit bull---t artists dream up what they think is an impressive sounding name, then think business will come running to their door. Savills (as in Saville Row) ha ha ! then we have Knightsbridge property, Sterling Investments, Churchill Estates..... just wait until Kipling Properties shows up ! W----kers :)

Jkl(etc)

in answer to your question - Sharecroper where is this thread going?, I'm happy to contribute until Dickie gets his house sold, so it could be years. :)

I reckon to get 10 pages on Pataya property and not have been closed down (largely on account of the even-tempered Dickie58's replies to sledging comments) isn't bad so far, with some useful stuff being raised and some amusing stuff also.

Good Post Sharecropper. And Ducky my apologies for calling you Ducky but i don't feel comfortable calling people Dickie. Can i Just call you R For Richard, or maybe Rich?

Anyway Rich i must say you seem like a Gentlemen and i wish you the best of luck tyring to sell. Your Property is Beautifull, nice swimming pool and Good Area.

I think 15 Million Baht would be about right.

Good Post Sharecropper. And Ducky my apologies for calling you Ducky but i don't feel comfortable calling people Dickie. Can i Just call you R For Richard, or maybe Rich?

Anyway Rich i must say you seem like a Gentlemen and i wish you the best of luck tyring to sell. Your Property is Beautifull, nice swimming pool and Good Area.

I think 15 Million Baht would be about right.

As my name is Richard, you can call me that or Rich. No thanks at 15 mill, but a nice try.

My drinking mates in the UK nicknamed me dickie, as dick is short for Richard i believe?

I don't pretend to be in the finacial league of your late friend, Somsak Martin, seems that guy was loaded, i never knew him. A report i saw on the "Pattaya Daily News web site", suggested he had a bit of a dubious record. I'm only telling you what i read.

I'm sure he had a very nice house.

I think the best chance you have at selling your property is if you contact Fair properties Real Estate office in Jomtien.Ask for Robert.

He is the only one who could sell for you at that price. Maybe Paragon also.

Edited by jklkjlkjlkj

Nice try? i am just being realistic that is all.

I believe it will take between 5-10 years for you to sell your property at 25 million.

If you had read some of my earlier posts, your see i clearly suggested i would probably accept, a 20% reduction on the asking price for a cash deal

I think the best chance you have at selling your property is if you contact Fair properties Real Estate office in Jomtien.Ask for Robert.

He is the only one who could sell for you at that price. Maybe Paragon also.

Wasn't Craig at Paragon arrested a couple of weeks ago, the report i saw suggested, he had ripped of his buisnuess partner for 14 mill.

I met Craig when he worked for Northern Thai, no thanks.

I also know of Robert at Fair properties, somebody told me a while ago he was now living in the middle East, Dubai or something. I know the office is still there.