Transfer From Emirates To Thai Domestic - How Long Shouls I Allow

holidaycat

I am arriving at BKK at 8 10 am on a saturday (if on time ) and I am about to book a domestic flight which leaves at 10 50

Emirates dont seem to have any alliance partners - and if I go lo cost then I can 't be checked through anyways

Is this a bit optimistic on my part - would it be best to go for a flight later and how much later?

enough time between, arrival and domestic departure in the same building(Level 4)

Thanks for that.

Would it be any quicker if I got a visa before I arrived fromt the Thai consulate?

I dont really need to as my stay will be just under 20 days.

When you check in for your Emirates flight in the UK, let them know you have a connecting flight with Thai and they may be able to check your luggage all the way through and then just collect your Thai Domestic boarding pass in Bangkok at the transfer desk.

I use Bangkok Airways for my domestic flight that connects with International all the time in Bangkok and check my luggage through but it does depend on the airlines though but it's worth asking.

If not you need to collect your luggage and check in again but you have enough time. Bangkok Airways say 1 hour 15 mins connection time so maybe Thai are similar..

Enjoy your stay!!

If you plan to collect a boarding pass at the transfer desk check whether your airline has the necesary agreement to allow this. I had a problem with Etihad and Thai Airways recently. See my thread "Airside Transfer Denied" in this forum.

Edited by KhunDave