Need: Window Treatments; Linen; Cutlery; Shower Door/enclosure

kap

I'm ready to move into my new condo next week. Although it is fully furnished, I will still need a few items.

I'd appreiate advice (price, place, etc.) on the following

-Window coverings (curtains, blinds, etc.) for my bedroom window and lounge sliders

-Linens (both inexpensive and high quality) and mattress cover

-Cutlery, including cooking pot(s)

-Some sort of door for my shower enclosure

Are all of these cheaper in Thailand? Thanks in advance. Cheers!

All the big names carry most of the stuff you want. Homeworks, HomePro, Index, SB, . There are also curtain shops all over and to numerous to list unless a reader has a favorite.

There is a kitchen supply shop right next to Foodland on Pattaya Klang that sells all you need for the kitchen and dining room.

The folks that fitted out the condo will be able to fit a shower door also but if not the HomeMart and Kanyong and Homeworks can provide

The Index on Suk close to Numchai is a pretty good one stop shop. Quite large. I was at HomePro yesterday looking for shower doors...they have a huge selection.

Regarding cutlery, I have found it to be quite expensive here. Index had a few sets, but they did not include everything you needed. Otherwise, I have only seen where you buy one piece at a time...and they are not cheap if you want the good stuff. I am even considering bringing a good set back next time I travel home....

I have not been to that place by Foodland...plan to go soon...also heard about a place behind Big C on 2nd road that has a lot of dishware...but have not been.

There are curtain shops everywhere...especially on Thepprasit road.