Termite Control - Non-toxic

Dustoff

~

Neither the wife or I are fond of chemical poisons and are seeking alternatives that actually work.

The Chemical folks we interviewed drill holes everywhere and want 8k baht. Our dog shook his head in warning.

Global Treat charges 5k baht for a year contract which includes a total of five treatments (every three months) and they do not drill our floors.

Thoughts or experiences?

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Dustoff,

Sorry I don't know the answer to your question but as I've just purchased a new house and have two puppies I'm also interested in non toxic options. I friend of mine is having his entire living room floor torn off and mostly replaced because of termites. He bought the house after it had sat vacant for a few(?) years and has a year's contract for monthly spraying but I guess it was too late.

Have you queried the forum at coolthaihouse dot com? Some very savvy folks over there.

We used an outfit called Perfect Pest which is exactly what they were and perfectly useless as well.

For about 5k they drilled holes in our new tiles, made an awful mess which they just left and returned every three months to spry our garden with no douby lethal chemicals until I told them to forget it and not come anymore.

Regrettably termites are not so easily biden and return with monotonous regularilty to attack the wooden doors in our kitchen which I have to spray with the highly toxic spray that temporily repulses them. One of Perfect Pest's staff told me that there is a company that uses only natural spray which is harmless to pets, wildlife and vegitation to say nothing of humans but I have not been able to find it.

I would also be glad to hear if TV members know of a non-toxic method of controlling termies and mosquitos which have resembles the Plagues of Egypt this year.

Edited by rohitsuk

I'm not sure what the name of the "non toxic" exterminators was that my wife last contracted. what I do know is that she paid for several treatments over the course of a year. they came once and we never saw them again. Whichever service you've found will probably be effective if you don't pay them in advance. Good Luck.

About 12 months ago we had a Sala built. The lower 1/3 of the posts were concrete, the top 2/3 were tree trunks, & the roof frame are sawn timber.

Almost immediately after erection the mud trails started. Regularly I would remove them, but they returned overnight, almost.

A couple of months or so ago I was spraying our fruit trees with a non chemical solution called Wood Vinegar. Not sure why, but I decided to spray the bottom of the sala posts with this mixture. Haven't seen a trail since. Coincidence, not sure. Perhaps worth a try.

Wood Vinegar is available at most plant markets, I buy mine from the markets behind Tesco, Superhighway