What No Rugby Forum!

after an unlucky defeat to Sarries, with a couple of dodgy refereeing decisions deciding the out come of the game and a great win against Saints at Adams park. Wasps travel to the Stoop to take on Quins, who have looked less than convincing so far this season.

made some great new signing and the squad look like they have gelled well together, so i reckon they will be well up for it, showing no fear or respect towards the home team opponents.

saying that though, my gut instinct goes with a closely fought out game which could swing either way.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

very sad day indeed in the history of my home town club that i used to go and watch as a young lad with my Grandad. it was a great little club hidden away in Repton avenue, Sudbury. then they upped sticks and took up residency at Loftus rd ( the home of Q.P.R. ) . then moved all the way out to High Wycombe and now this.

it's an absolute disgrace and total disregard and disrespect towards a lot of very loyal fans, not matter what spin they put on it.

Wasps have always been one of the power houses of English rugby winning league and European titles and now this. the blame clearly lays with the people at the very top who run the club and nobody else. they new what was coming around the corner years ago when the game went from an amateur sport to a professional one and now they expect people to travel all the way to Coventry at the Ricoh stadium to watch their side play so called home games.

B@#$%^&* !

http://youtu.be/LU9qBwpCDyI?list=UUtUmfYBCsWPLznczvbUx9GQ

Do you know who has the rights to the European Rugby Cup? Last year Eurosport carried the Heineken Cup, and their coverage was pretty good, if I recall correctly.

Similarly, do you know if anyone is showing the rugby league European Championship?

SC

Do you know who has the rights to the European Rugby Cup? Last year Eurosport carried the Heineken Cup, and their coverage was pretty good, if I recall correctly.

Similarly, do you know if anyone is showing the rugby league European Championship?

SC

what i did hear this morning 2am-3.30am was that a new cup comp.was starting instead of the heineken cup.

all matches shown on eurosport.

watched the toulouse vs toulon a great game spoilt by the worst comentator on tv.robbie rock,um,er,who,every match i have to turn off the sound i wouldnt pay him rusty washers.so come on eurosport get shot of him so we can enjoy the game.BIG STEVO,RAY FRENCH,EDDIE BUTLER,EVEN JOHNATHAN DAVIES,BARNS AND HARRISON JUST TO NAME A FEW.any of these will do.

SC

what i did hear this morning 2am-3.30am was that a new cup comp.was starting instead of the heineken cup.

watched the toulouse vs toulon a great game spoilt by the worst comentator on tv.robbie rock,um,er,who,every match i have to turn off the sound i wouldnt pay him rusty washers.so come on eurosport get shot of him so we can enjoy the game.BIG STEVO,RAY FRENCH,EDDIE BUTLER,EVEN JOHNATHAN DAVIES,BARNS AND HARRISON JUST TO NAME A FEW.any of these will do.

I can't abide Jonathan Davies when he commentates the Wales Union games, but he's OK in the other code.

That's the European Rugby Cup, to replace the Heineken Cup - so going to be on Eurosport? Excellent!

SC

SC

I can't abide Jonathan Davies when he commentates the Wales Union games, but he's OK in the other code.

That's the European Rugby Cup, to replace the Heineken Cup - so going to be on Eurosport? Excellent!

SC

I think that a guy with so much experience, and obvious talent, in the 2 codes should be given some respect. Sometimes he is a bit annoying, but he talks from experience and a knowledge that WE can never get close to.

• 3 months later...

As a Welshman I would like to say 'hats off to England", You performed really well for an under-strength team.

As for Wales----under-performed is the only thing I can think of

give them a clarks pie each and for wales a kick up the arse.

taffy.

I have to feel for the Scots. they gave their all; but came up just a little short. I thought there was time on the clock to restart the game, but why take so long to take the kick. For Wales, our game plan can work, but we all need to be functioning. and we need Liam W on the park, and I would start Tipuric instead of Lydiatte; though Lydiatte did tackle well tonight ... just no go forward

• 1 month later...

Spring is in the air, even the French have remembered how to play Rugby ! thumbsup.gif

a great game of open rugby,you could count the no of line outs on both hands.

the only difference in both sides was a good old FORD against an old skoda.whistling.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Crivvens, boys, as far as I can tell this weekend;s rugby is not on Astro - what about you True boys?

Its semi-finals weekend!

Edinburgh - Dragons tonight

Tomorrow -

Clermont Saracens

Gloucester Exeter

Toulon - Leinster on SUnday

Final score Hong Kong 26 - 33 Korea, thanks to heroic goal line defence by the Koreans. A lost throw at the final line-out and it looked like Hong Kong might snatch a draw, but the support wasn't there and a penalty for holding-on saw the ball hoofed over the roof of the commentary box, to leave Japan and Korea with one win each after the first two games. Next up, Hong Kong v Japan

• 3 months later...

wow, didn't see any of those results coming.

the Wallabies turning over a less than convincing all Blacks outfit. IMHO i think they are up for the taking this world cup !

the Irish battered a disjointed Welsh side. got to be a great each way bet, especially under a really top class coach like Schmidt.

and low and behold the Pumas brought out the ugly side of the Springboks game in Durban. as in rattle them get under their skin and take the game to them and they don't know where to turn or what to do.

Edited by tigerfish

Sounds like a good and exciting friendly win by England over France yesterday. Is Setanta solely southern hemisphere in its Asian version these days? Can't see a replay (which suggests the live game wasn't covered) coming up on the four days I looked - only endless replays of South Africa v Argentina and some other code team called "Eels".

Have no difficulty with the southern stuff dominating - even though we live in the northern hemisphere here, but are we still going to get the northern club games when the weather turns colder?

Sounds like a good and exciting friendly win by England over France yesterday. Is Setanta solely southern hemisphere in its Asian version these days? Can't see a replay (which suggests the live game wasn't covered) coming up on the four days I looked - only endless replays of South Africa v Argentina and some other code team called "Eels".

Have no difficulty with the southern stuff dominating - even though we live in the northern hemisphere here, but are we still going to get the northern club games when the weather turns colder?

On Astro, Sentanta sports are showing the England - France game all week, also the Superleague play-offs, but not the Scotland Ireland game.

There's a couple of Asian Sevens shows coming up as well.

SC

• 3 weeks later...

france vs scotland 2am.this morning after a dull first half score 6-9 no its not a typo.

second half what a cracker 60min.france kick 2penalties 12-9.

63min scotland score a try and convert.12-16

75min.france score a try after camping on the scots try line for 12min.19-16

77min the scots should have scored 3on 2 but a bad pass fkd.it.

still the scots are pressing 81min.penalty 5 yds.out do they go for a draw or a try to win.

well played scotland.

oh the result ? just say france were LUCKY.

Edited by meatboy

that's a massive blow to the lower regions for the Welsh yesterday.

to bad injuries to two very crucial clogs in the mechanism.

no its not looking good for us TF apart from nz.going on how unlucky we have been in the last,i thought we would go well.

but for me to loose one of the best in the world halfpenny ummmmmmmm.

i am looking forward to it.

that's a massive blow to the lower regions for the Welsh yesterday.

to bad injuries to two very crucial clogs in the mechanism.

no its not looking good for us TF apart from nz.going on how unlucky we have been in the last,i thought we would go well.

but for me to loose one of the best in the world halfpenny ummmmmmmm.

i am looking forward to it.

sky news confirmed halfpenny does not take part,who can fill his boots.

nothing on webb 3am.thai time.

I don't mine Liam taking over, He gives us a lot more in attack, but our defensive line will be nowhere near as good. I just hope Mike Phillips has changed his speed of distribution if he gets in the team

• 2 weeks later...