What No Rugby Forum!

People go on about the Blossoms having a four day turn-around, but Scotland face USA at the weekend. I think all the lower-seeded teams have at least one short turn-around. At least we have a week between Samoa and South Africa.

I had a quick look, and as far as I could tell all the teams in that group have a four-day turnaround except Samoa, who have at least six days between all their games. I expect the other groups are the same

SC

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forward to Max's team talks

what a spectacle that would be,MAX leading his team out to a face off with the kiwi's,WALES OWN SHEEP SHAGGERS HAKA.OGI,OGI OGI,guitar.gif

Yeah. And the All Blacks faced down again LOLclap2.gif

Wow what a sensational tackle to close the first half by Goramaru of Japan. Probably one of the best recorded tackles of all time. Scottish wing man seems a dead cert for a run in but is met by a flying exocet from 30 yards away. Look out for it on the news or utube. Just inspiring rugby

I suspect the Japs will run out of steam before the end, but they are an eye-opener.

france will have to play better than what i have seen so far.they gave away penalty after penalty and were lucky to go in at half time in front againt romania.

they did however score 3tries towards the end but far from convincing.

so a few more days and we should have some sort of an idea who goner and who's not.

for me i would have fancied wales but not with the squad thats left.

so the doors half open for england.with the scots trying to squeeze through.

Shortly before the tournament I bumped into one of my English colleagues in the pub - luckily I never spilt his drink. He'd written off the likelihood of Scotland getting through, but had bought tickets for both Group A - B quarter-finals "I'd rather see England against South Africa than Scotland"

He's probably right.

The Scotland - Japan game was hugely entertaining, and both teams played well.

Edited by StreetCowboy

argentina vs georgia great game up to half time,georgia unlucky not to go in at 14-12 down.

second half 40-0 to the argi's,some good exibition of passing but hope we dont see this ref.again he was DREADFULL.

georgia still in touch untill the ref.sent their capt.to the bin for ?

Samoa - South Africa tonight ought to be a good game. It's a bit late for me, and there's no way I'll stay up for the England - Wales game; I'll try and watch that in the morning before I go out for my bike ride - I just hope that the haze clears up before then

SC

the air of anticipation surrounding this game is quite something back here in the U.K.

they reckon near on 20,000 - 25,000 Welsh will be travelling up the M4 meatboy.

drove past London Welsh's ground in Richmond this morning and they had about 4 marques set up in the grounds.

they were out and about the towns nice and early, but nothing beats Cardiff on an international day morning, especially as the pubs are jam packed by 10 a.m.

can't wait for this one !

^^ The game was 'lost' by poor discipline, but agreed the taffs had more passion, England wasted it. The pair of them would be raped by the blacks.

the passion is called THE WELSH FIRE

valley boys being brought up on,FAGGOTS & PEAS,PORK DRIPPING,CHIPS & GRAVY, BRAINS BEER AND GOOD OLD FASHION SCRUMPY.

thats what gives the fire in their bellies,putting their bodies on the line with the WILL TO WIN.

what side we have left remains to be seen as there was more than enough injuries,at least its fiji next a win should be enough if OZ beats ENGLAND.

being a passionate taff there was mixed emortions at the end,there was tears but not for the lads,they were for my beloved boy who is not well again.

for those that dont read the pet forum my boy is my SAM THE HUSKY.

the air of anticipation surrounding this game is quite something back here in the U.K.

drove past London Welsh's ground in Richmond this morning and they had about 4 marques set up in the grounds.

they were out and about the towns nice and early, but nothing beats Cardiff on an international day morning, especially as the pubs are jam packed by 10 a.m.

well TF it did live up to the usual england vs wales as for the result i can only describe as AMAZING.

what must it be like in st.mary street and caroline str.clarks pie,chips and gravy by the bucket full.

this has got to go down in history as maybe wales finest.

the venue,the world cup and against the old enemy with a very weakend side[WHO SAID THAT?]

well TF it did live up to the usual england vs wales as for the result i can only describe as AMAZING.

what must it be like in st.mary street and caroline str.clarks pie,chips and gravy by the bucket full.

the venue,the world cup and against the old enemy with a very weakend side[WHO SAID THAT?]

Better than Huddersfield - Leeds!

Wales v England;that was a great game of footy, impressed by the kicking from both sides but esp Bigger,and to win at Twickers against England must be special....England will have to regroup and face the Wallabies next weekend, massive game for England.

Wales v England;that was a great game of footy, impressed by the kicking from both sides but esp Bigger,and to win at Twickers against England must be special....England will have to regroup and face the Wallabies next weekend, massive game for England.

yes DB england got to WIN otherwise somebody'S will get the BOOT.

did you reconise the waterboy SC. DAN BIGGER DID

france will have to play better than what i have seen so far.they gave away penalty after penalty and were lucky to go in at half time in front againt romania.

so a few more days and we should have some sort of an idea who goner and who's not.

so the doors half open for england.with the scots trying to squeeze through

forgive me WALES for i have sinned.

WHO CLOSED THE DOOR? DB

WHO CLOSED THE DOOR? DB

It didn't really make that much difference; whoever lost was going to have to beat Australia to get through, and whoever won could still miss out if they lose to Australia...

Still all to play for -

Same as Group B...

WHO CLOSED THE DOOR? DB

It didn't really make that much difference; whoever lost was going to have to beat Australia to get through, and whoever won could still miss out if they lose to Australia...

Still all to play for -

Same as Group B...

true that, and the bonus points will probably be the difference between going through

Ho Ho Ho! I'm chortling with glee and rubbing my hands to boot. A great game against USA - not a patch on last night, but still drama a-plenty, and Scotland go into their final games top of the group. One win out of two against S. Africa and Samoa should see us through, and I'm not sure there's much benefit finishing top, given what's happening in Pool A.

Ho Ho Ho! I'm chortling with glee and rubbing my hands to boot. A great game against USA - not a patch on last night, but still drama a-plenty, and Scotland go into their final games top of the group. One win out of two against S. Africa and Samoa should see us through, and I'm not sure there's much benefit finishing top, given what's happening in Pool A.

I think finishing top for Scotland would be preferable as that would more likely be against Wales in the quarters rather than the Wallabies if Scotland came runner up in the pool, but it is safer to come runner up and then go on the other side of the knock outs as it would mean they wouldnt meet NZ till the final biggrin.png

not the performance I had hoped for, but got the result never the less,

too many handling errors, pushing passes, and DC not kicking well

Naholo looked good on his first touch. And Savea is coming into some form

the georgian try was good

Now, roll on England v Australia

being a proud welshman i wonder how far wales can go if OZ beats ENGLAND.

the game against fiji once again has taken a lot out of the team,bloodied,battered,how much more can they take.

there is still the pride in every welshman who puts on that red shirt and put their bodies on the line,but thats not enough.

we have already lost key players,so never mind how much further you go win or lose you have made us proud.

T.I.T. TAFFY IN THAILAND.

COME ON OZ.partytime2.gifsorry.gif