What No Rugby Forum!

not so sure about the nz taking one of the RWC semi spots next year Tigerfish. The S14 has unveiled some shortcomings of the depth of NZ rugby in some positions. See todays Herald for more info. But still too early to throw in the towel just yet. 12 months time we will know thou.

But im in agreement with you in the style of play NH teams produce compared to what we see down under. I would love to see the Heineken cup winners take on the S14 winners in a world club championship title, how about that?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not so sure about the nz taking one of the RWC semi spots next year Tigerfish. The S14 has unveiled some shortcomings of the depth of NZ rugby in some positions. See todays Herald for more info. But still too early to throw in the towel just yet. 12 months time we will know thou.

But im in agreement with you in the style of play NH teams produce compared to what we see down under. I would love to see the Heineken cup winners take on the S14 winners in a world club championship title, how about that?

great idea or even a super league or cup. only problem being the season is far to busy as it is. saying that though there must be a slot somewhere a long the line, seeing that the heineken cup and super 14 finish at roughly the same time.

That would be a classic.

Unless something changes I'm seeing the Boks winning the world cup next year. The Kiwis and Aussies seem to be in a bit of a malaise.

i sadly agree. The Boks could field 2 quality teams with the depth they have at the moment like the ABs could 4 years ago. This years SH internationals will be interesting. The WC usually throws up the unexpected ie Aussies & AB out in the QF last time. Who knows?

This years SH Internationals

Saturday, 05 June 2010

Wales v South Africa

Saturday, 12 June 2010

Argentina v Scotland

Australia v England

New Zealand v Ireland

South Africa v France

Saturday, 19 June 2010

Argentina v Scotland

Australia v England

New Zealand v Wales

South Africa v Italy

Saturday, 26 June 2010

Argentina v France

Australia v Ireland

New Zealand v Wales

Saturday, 10 July 2010

Tri-Nations Series

New Zealand v South Africa

Saturday, 17 July 2010

Tri-Nations Series

New Zealand v South Africa

Saturday, 24 July 2010

Tri-Nations Series

Australia v South Africa

Saturday, 31 July 2010

Tri-Nations Series

Australia v New Zealand

Saturday, 07 August 2010

Tri-Nations Series

New Zealand v Australia

Saturday, 14 August 2010

Tri-Nations Series

South Africa v New Zealand

Saturday, 21 August 2010

Tri-Nations Series

South Africa v Australia

Saturday, 04 September 2010

Tri-Nations Series

South Africa v Australia

Saturday, 11 September 2010

Tri-Nations Series

Australia v New Zealand

Saturday, 30 October 2010

International Match

Australia v New Zealand

Saturday, 06 November 2010

England v New Zealand

Ireland v South Africa

Saturday, 13 November 2010

England v Australia

Ireland v Samoa

Saturday, 20 November 2010

England v Samoa

Ireland v New Zealand

Saturday, 27 November 2010

England v South Africa

Ireland v Argentina

Saturday, 04 December 2010

England v New Zealand

Unless something changes I'm seeing the Boks winning the world cup next year. The Kiwis and Aussies seem to be in a bit of a malaise.

i sadly agree. The Boks could field 2 quality teams with the depth they have at the moment like the ABs could 4 years ago. This years SH internationals will be interesting. The WC usually throws up the unexpected ie Aussies & AB out in the QF last time. Who knows?

i dont think the boks will win it, the world cup that is. part of being a coaches job of any international side, is to pick weaknesses in your opponents game and exploit those points.

the boks have yet to really be truely tested, although there has been the odd exception. but one thing is for sure, once you get them on the back foot and rattled, they are a side that dont respond well. usually the physical and aggressive side to their nature comes to the fore. which altimately results in cardings, sin bins and a high penalty count going against them.

i think this years tri-nations will be a good insight into whether n.z. and australias coaching staff have realised this and are willing to have a go at exploiting s.a.(achillies heel) that they are renound around the world for.

Edited by tigerfish

s14.jpg

Week 16 - Final

Saturday, May 29

Bulls vs Stormers- last one standing. Many predicit a close game, however, im thinking The Bulls will run riot. Bulls by 20.

s12.jpg

it will be there best performance of the season if they do run riot and win it by 20 or so points.

opinions are opinions and i respect yours donnyboy, but i just cant see it happening. maybe a close game and if they are lucky, win it by 4 points.

i think though the bulls are going to leak points, just have they have been doing all season. stormers by 11 points.

more problems for AB selectors as Kahui is ruled out. I wrote about NZ maybe having a weakness in midfield, as Nonu is injured as well. Muliaina can play center, but his best position is fullback. Which leaves Toeava,Smith and McAlister, who I dont rate as high as Nonu. Actually, theres been a huge vacuum since Tana Umaga left at the end of 2005. One name ive heard mentioned again is Sonny Bill Williams, an ex league star, who has a huge contract playing rugby for Toulon, but still untested playing against top players.

Queensland go one-up in the State of Origin; NSW need to improve, notwithstanding the flattering scoreboard; Game 2 on 16th June.

Leeds v Wigan in the Carnegie Cup on Saturday (I'm beginning to lose faith in my TV guide...)

That game is allegedly on BBC in UK; don't know if Bradford Warrington will be televised on Sunday.

Murrayfield Sevens this weekend should be on Supersports somewhere; can Scotland match last year's Cup Semi-Final place?

SC

All Blacks named for Steinlager Series

The All Blacks coaches have named four new caps in their squad for the All Blacks three-Test Steinlager Series against Ireland and Wales.

The All Blacks squad is:

Forwards:

Anthony Boric North Harbour (13)

Aled de Malmanche Waikato (2)

Tom Donnelly Otago (6)

Ben Franks Tasman (uncapped)

Owen Franks Canterbury (9)

Jerome Kaino Auckland (25)

Richie McCaw (capt) Canterbury (80)

Keven Mealamu Auckland (71)

Kieran Read Canterbury (16)

Adam Thomson Otago (15)

Brad Thorn Canterbury (37)

Neemia Tialata Wellington (41)

Victor Vito * Wellington

Tony Woodcock North Harbour (61)

* Denotes new cap

Number of Test caps in brackets

Backs:

Daniel Carter Canterbury (66)

Jimmy Cowan Southland (33)

Aaron Cruden * Manawatu

Israel Dagg * Hawke’s Bay

Zac Guildford Hawke’s Bay (2)

Cory Jane Wellington (12)

Richard Kahui Waikato (8)

Mils Muliaina Waikato (82)

Josevata Rokocoko Auckland (60)

Conrad Smith Wellington (33)

Benson Stanley * Auckland

Piri Weepu Wellington (35)

ABLogoHPAni.gif

Leeds won through to the Semi-Finals of the Carnegie CUp with a last-minute try after ten minutes of intense end-to-end pressure, helped by some uncharacteristic Wigan errors in their own quarter.

Scotland play in their first IRB Sevens Cup Quarter-Final since Murrayfield last year, beating Fiji, USA and Wales on Day One. New Zealand is the only other team to progress unbeaten. Australia fight back for a draw against England after trailing 21-0; England qualify in second place from their pool after losing to Canada in their first game.

SC

bulls take it 25-17

Steyn bagged 20 points

good call donnyboy! the scoreline just doesnt reflect on how much of a onesided affair it was. should have been a lot nearer you prediction.

i didnt see the game as my supersport signal has now gone :)

did you see it then? if so, how?

by the articles ive read, Steyn's kicking is superb, will be the difference between the ABs and Wallabies i think.

In the Murrayfield Sevens, Scotland won all three games on Saturday, remarkably beating Fiji 31-14 in their opening game, then going on to beat USA and Wales by similar margins. A loss to England on Sundayput them out of the Cup and into the Plate Semi-Finals where they met South Africa.

In a reversal of last year’s Cup Semi-Final, Scotland managed to squeeze South Africa out, and then beat Argentina to win their first silverware of the Sevens Season, at home in the final tournament.

Samoa scored after the hooter to level the scores at full time in their Cup Semi-final. The first period of extra time ended scoreless. In the second period, England had a man sent off, but Samoa kicked the penalty to win the game, and then went on to beat Australia in the Final.

In the rugby league Challenge Cup, Leeds scored a try in the last minute to beat Wigan on Saturday, while on Sunday Warrington held on at Bradford to win despite tremendous pressure in the last ten minutes. They join St Helens and Catalan Dragons in the draw for the Semi-Finals.

SC

...Samoa scored after the hooter to level the scores at full time in their Cup Semi-final. The first period of extra time ended scoreless. In the second period, England had a man sent off, but Samoa kicked the penalty to win the game, ...

SC

CORRECTION

England scored after the hooter, but uncharacteristically, Ben Gollings missed the conversion to leave the scores level...

and that was without drinking; imagine how many mistakes I could have made with the help of Messrs McEwan and Younger

slow start for the Boks winning against Wales 34-31

Im expecting them to get better as the season wears on, but France will be a tough team early in the season for them this coming weekend

Predictions anyone?

Saturday, 12 June 2010

Argentina v Scotland, Argentina by 10

Australia v England, Australia by 12

New Zealand v Ireland, NZ by 19

South Africa v France, Boks by 7

dont know how i can watch any of these games as Supersports doesnt send the signal over asia anymore :)

dont know how i can watch any of these games as Supersports doesnt send the signal over asia anymore :)

I watched the Australia-Fiji game yesterday on SS1. I still have SS 1,3,5&6 working but I don't know for how long.

I watched the Australia-Fiji game yesterday on SS1. I still have SS 1,3,5&6 working but I don't know for how long.

you were lucky then, mine stopped on June 1

I went onto Australia Network website and applied for a smartcard other day, they sent email saying it will take at least 2 weeks to send out.

Can at least get Tri-nations and some super 15's next year.

The Aust - Fiji broadcast on SS1 was pretty bad on the W.E. kept cutting out. Is Super Sports encypted?

If so you wouln't think there would be a problem because I don't think there is any SANZAR broadcast rights in most of Asia. Thats why can get Ruggers on Aust Channel if you apply for smart card.

Predictions anyone?

<b><u>Saturday, 12 June 2010</u></b>

NZ v Ireland

A depleted Ireland side up against it.

Argentina v Scotland, Argentina by 5

Australia v England, England by 3

New Zealand v Ireland, Heart says Ireland by 5 Head says NZ 12

South Africa v France, Boks by 14

Predictions anyone?

<b><u>Saturday, 12 June 2010</u></b>

NZ v Ireland

A depleted Ireland side up against it.

Argentina v Scotland, Argentina by 5

Australia v England, England by 3

New Zealand v Ireland, Heart says Ireland by 5 Head says NZ 12

South Africa v France, Boks by 14

sorry for not posting sooner, but have been having trouble with this new set up!

ok here goes.

argentina by 14 points.

australia by 11 points.bah.gif

n. zealand by 16 points. think the all black are going to unleash a master class! maybe by more.

france by 3 points.

My heart sank when I saw Wade Barnes as ref, it is half time and it now feels like the Titanic.

me as well, the ref part anyway.

He was the ref for ABs vs France in the last WC, who missed the forward pass