What No Rugby Forum!

Why the All Blacks are beating Australia......:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FnK9fn_4Ek

hey donnyboy, do i sense a little bit of over confidence creepy into the all blacks camp prior to next years world cup ? careful now all you kiwis, you now what happens when you guys get to cocky wink.giflaugh.gif

Edited by tigerfish

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey donnyboy, do i sense a little bit of over confidence creepy into the all blacks camp prior to next years world cup ? careful now all you kiwis, you now what happens when you guys get to cocky wink.gif:lol:

:lol:

yup im not getting trapped into that mindset again, it always ends in tears, but i couldnt resist on that video

one of the AB coaches this week said that the ABs were training well this week and are primed for this end of year tour. Im feeling that they are setting their sights high on topping off this year with a grand slam and making a statement to the NH teams 12 months out from the RWC, this is not a 2nd string side touring, theres only 1 new AB named this time (SBW), and he will be a handful when get gets into full stride

30 Oct All Blacks v Australia

Hong Kong

07 Nov All Blacks v England

London

14 Nov All Blacks v Scotland

Edinburgh

21 Nov All Blacks v Ireland

Dublin

28 Nov All Blacks v Wales

Cardiff

---------------------------------------

1629817240_5196ee6dcc.jpg?v=0

just to bring us AB fans down to earth again :D

Anyone know if the game next Sat from Hongkong is being broadcast here in Thailand?

or shown somwhere in Khon Kaen?

Hanging out for another AB victory...

the trinations was being shown on Australia Network, the Irish pub in CM was showing it & theres a few pubs in BKK showing it also, ones a sponser on thaivisa?

hey donnyboy, do i sense a little bit of over confidence creepy into the all blacks camp prior to next years world cup ? careful now all you kiwis, you now what happens when you guys get to cocky wink.gif:lol:

:lol:

yup im not getting trapped into that mindset again, it always ends in tears, but i couldnt resist on that video

one of the AB coaches this week said that the ABs were training well this week and are primed for this end of year tour. Im feeling that they are setting their sights high on topping off this year with a grand slam and making a statement to the NH teams 12 months out from the RWC, this is not a 2nd string side touring, theres only 1 new AB named this time (SBW), and he will be a handful when get gets into full stride

30 Oct All Blacks v Australia

Hong Kong

07 Nov All Blacks v England

London

14 Nov All Blacks v Scotland

Edinburgh

21 Nov All Blacks v Ireland

Dublin

28 Nov All Blacks v Wales

Cardiff

---------------------------------------

1629817240_5196ee6dcc.jpg?v=0

just to bring us AB fans down to earth again :D

gotta get me some of those AB chokers for stocking fillers at christmas time. for my kiwi mates back in london, they will go down a storm after a few beers down my local on christmas evening. shame i wont be there to see the reaction of all the rugby following regulars. will have to get someone to send me out a clip of the event. laugh.gif

Edited by tigerfish

Not listed on Australia Network at this point.......The Office bar has a PNG satellite box so there's a good chance they will have it on.....

Oops - wrong thread?

I'm sure you'll all (with the exception of the Irish who walk amongst us) be as pleased as I was at Scotland winning the wooden spoon decider in the Alitalia European Cup, and coming away empty-handed. Makes me wish I'd listened to it on the wireless

SC

Not listed on Australia Network at this point.......The Office bar has a PNG satellite box so there's a good chance they will have it on.....

Oops - wrong thread?

Was referring to the AB's v Wallabies game this saturday. Australia Network is still not listing it as being shown and if thats the case then our only hope of seeing it is via some other satellite service, maybe the PNG satellite or maybe via Astro.

It really is not looking good for rugby on TV next year...........

Oops - wrong thread?

Was referring to the AB's v Wallabies game this saturday. Australia Network is still not listing it as being shown and if thats the case then our only hope of seeing it is via some other satellite service, maybe the PNG satellite or maybe via Astro.

i dont quite know what the situation is like now having not been there for a while, but i would suggest trying the soi 8 bar on suk 8 in bkk if you fancy a beer and want to go out and watch the game. if they dont have it on then i dont hold out much hope for the rest of the places in and around that area. used to be run by a kiwi guy and his wife and was well known for being probably the best place to watch the games in bkk. always full to the brim with a great atmosphere with followers and fans of rugby union from all nations.

other places that might be worth a try are the aussie bar on suk 11 and the robin hood or the londoner up around suk 33. theres also another little place up there thats kiwi oriented that ive been in a couple of times to see games, but cant for the life of me remember the name.

i dont quite know what the situation is like now having not been there for a while, but i would suggest trying the soi 8 bar on suk 8 in bkk if you fancy a beer and want to go out and watch the game. if they dont have it on then i dont hold out much hope for the rest of the places in and around that area. used to be run by a kiwi guy and his wife and was well known for being probably the best place to watch the games in bkk. always full to the brim with a great atmosphere with followers and fans of rugby union from all nations.

other places that might be worth a try are the aussie bar on suk 11 and the robin hood or the londoner up around suk 33. theres also another little place up there thats kiwi oriented that ive been in a couple of times to see games, but cant for the life of me remember the name.

This just in ...

Australia Network have managed to negotiate with SANZAR to broadcast the game this Saturday on a delay, at 1830 Hong Kong Time - 1730 Thailand time.

This means we can see it anywhere that has the Australia Netowork....

It is now in their schedule too....

cheers!!!:burp:

Fantastic, got the mail.

This was not just a Thailand problem but, up until this afternoon, there was NOWHERE in Asia able to screen possibly the biggest event on the Asian rugby calendar!...madness.

I'm not holding out much hope of seeing the Northern hemisphere games in the following weeks.

Fantastic, got the mail.

This was not just a Thailand problem but, up until this afternoon, there was NOWHERE in Asia able to screen possibly the biggest event on the Asian rugby calendar!...madness.

I'm not holding out much hope of seeing the Northern hemisphere games in the following weeks.

A friendly between two foreign sides doesn't seem like a big event to me - in fact, fairly trivial compared to the Five Nations or the HK Sevens...

SC

Fantastic, got the mail.

A friendly between two foreign sides doesn't seem like a big event to me - in fact, fairly trivial compared to the Five Nations or the HK Sevens...

SC

SC

try telling that to an aussie or a kiwi, just dont expect me to get your back.

ever met a less than friendly unhappy maori, built like a brick shit house, measuring over 6 ft 2 inches tall and weighing over 120 kilos. laugh.gif

SC

Yep sorry I hate to disagree with you but this is a HUGE game regardless of the fact that it has no influence on the outcome of the Bledisloe Cup. The HK sevens is fun but you simply cannot compare it to this game. The world record for most consecutive tests won goes on the line on Saturday, can the Wallabies stop the All Blacks getting the record? SBW...I"m sure he will get a run on Sat and every single student of world rugby will be keenly watching this. Most importantly, at this point in time, these 2 teams are the best in the world going in to a world cup year and these guys are playing for places in what will shortly be the world cup squads for each country.

Not a big event.

Semantics but 1. There are no friendlies in rugby, every game is a test match and 2. Its been a long time since it was the 5 nations AND to the best of my knowledge there are no 6 nations games being played in Asia? (this game is meant to promote rugby in ASIA) Was it Scotland that won the last 5 nations before it turned into 6 nations?

I'm curious to know if you think the game between the All Blacks and England the following weekend to a packed Twickenham is also not a big event, after all its only a 'friendly' as you describe it!

I'll be at the pub watching, hopefully, some great open rugby played in the same spirit of the games played earlier in the year....you'll be at home watching what on the internet? Magners League minus all the rep players? ;)

Fantastic, got the mail.

SC

SC

try telling that to an aussie or a kiwi, just dont expect me to get your back.

ever met a less than friendly unhappy maori, built like a brick shit house, measuring over 6 ft 2 inches tall and weighing over 120 kilos. laugh.gif

I can understand that for Antipodeans, so far removed from the rest of the world, it might be important, but as far as the Asian Unions are concerned, its just an exhibition match

I'm looking forward to the start of the competitive international season, but unfortunately I'm expecting all the lower division tournaments to be in remote and unattractive places

My prediction (on behalf of Nostradamus, who could not join us tonight due to unforseen circumstances)

Div. 1: Korea

Div. 2: Iran

Div. 3: Choice of People's Republic, Pakistan, or Guam...

I suppose I could try to catch a game in Hong Kong or Dubai, but I don't fancy Sri Lanka or Khazakstan, Japan's a long way to go and expensive...

But before all that, I'm toying with the idea of going to the Sevens in Dubai or HK - subject to complaints from my wallet and my liver...

SC

ok I'll chime in here,:rolleyes:

this weekends game is a dead rubber game granted, theres no silverware on the line here, never the less, this game will be more that just an exhibition match or friendly. There will be definately no love lost here.

Heres why, firstly,The ABs have picked their strongest side for this end of year tour, so much so there is only one new All Black, Sonny Bill Williams. Rumour has it, the selectors arent blooding him till the game against Scotland. (Team for this weekends game announced later today) This game will be an arm wrestle as The Abs are gunning for their 11th straight win against the Wallabies, and the Wallabies will be desperate to break the bad run against them.

Secondly, Dan Carter is likely to start, even when he had ankle surgery about a 4-5 weeks ago. I have no idea why the selectors have got him back so soon, apart from thinking that this tour is the start of NZs RWC build up, and getting the combinations settled, even more so with Weepus recent injury.

This game ranks so much higher than any sevens game as far as im concerned.

All Blacks by 13 ;)

I wouldnt mind some of your thoughts about how the NH teams will fare against us Trinations teams.

Edited by Donnyboy

From the SMH:

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/union-news/the-most-important-dead-rubber-of-the-year-20101028-175tm.html

I would be very surprised if any of the NH teams trouble the SH teams in the Autumn tests. All 3 SH teams are playing very complete 15 player style games where the fowards are supplying the backs with clean ball and giving them the space to run opening up the middle channels. Things have become a bit tighter out wide though which is why the old experienced heads like Rocks are still being called up, workhorses that might have lost a bit of pace but are solid in defence. Ironically I think a player like Tuqiri would fare better in that style of game rather than the game the SH was playing a couple of years back which was all about throwing the ball around like they were playing sevens.

To me the NH teams are still playing the game in the forwards and will struggle to maintain the pace of the SH teams snd they are still using big guys like Sheridan who arent very mobile.....

big one today then !

any predictions before the kick off ? i will go with an all blacks win, by 8 points.

I watched the NZ v PNG game - 70+ - 12 - quite one-sided; I was glad of being able to surf over to the Borneo Sevens on one of the local channels.

Unfortunately, I don't get the Australian network, - actually, fortunately, since the game clashes with another appointment...

Australia v England tomorrow, and the second day of the Borneo Sevens...

I don't know what French and English games are on tonight, but the highlight of the weekend must be the Chess-Boxing, on late on Sunday night (better check for yourself that its not tonight...), I think, on Eurosport...

SC

wow ! what a finish to the game.

bloody hel_l the aussies dont half make it hard for themselves. they still cant scrum for toffee and their place kicking and from open play was pathetic. even the commentary team remarked on the fact that o connor was knocking them over from all parts of the ground, pre kick - off, but it took them well into the second half to realize that he was the only option. thought they had well and truly cocked it up again and the all blacks looked like they were going to cake walk it to a record win tally. all credit to the wallabies though, with some great play from pocock at the break down and beale looking impressive when turning on the gas to get them back into the game and eventually win it with the last kick of the game coming from a converted try by o connor.

on a side note. i think a lot of the NH nations would have been watching that one with great interest and i am sure would would have seen a few areas in both teams games that would be open to exploitation in this coming autumns internationals. question is though, will they be able to execute such maneuvers !

Edited by tigerfish

wow what a game, even thou it went against us. We should have won that one. It was there for the taking with about 25 mins to go and 12 points ahead of the aussies. Unfortunately, Carter was subbed and Steven Donald came on. The aussies scored, and the momentum swung back the aussies way. A bad kick clearance from Donald gave the ball back to the aussies from an AB penalty at 78 mins, was the clincher that Donald isnt up to it. A bit harsh , but thats how I saw it. Generally the ABs looked rusty during the first half. I think Weepu is sorely missed, even thou Cowan did ok.

Nonu had a bad start but redeemed himself . Toeava wasnt all that good when he came on. So SBW will have his chance soon, and a RWC debut if Nonu keeps fumbling the ball.

What a crappy turnout HK turned out to be, and the surface was truely awful.

Beale and Cooper looked dangerous with ball in hand but Cooper defences looked shaky. The aussies backline look up to it but some of the forwards looked outclassed and tired by the 2nd half. Kicking was pretty average to poor from both sides tonight.

I dont think HK is ready for another big rugby game soon due to the low turnout.

definately a wake up call for the ABs, but its not all lost yet. They will get better as the tour gets on. NH teams better be fit as that game was played at a high pace.

so on to the coming weekend internationals, hopefully some of you NH folk could share your thoughts on how yr teams will fare. I dont usually follow them, apart from a passing interest.

Wales vs Australia

Australia will have OConnor as their first choice kicker. This young side has some classy backs and I fear they will be the ones to watch should they get their forward pack in some form.

I have no idea how Wales is playing at the moment but they will be up for it with their screaming fans cheering them on in full cry. Hmm best guess prediction Aussies by 7.

England vs New Zealand

This is a tricky one to predict. The ABs started so poorly against Australia, I think they could do the same again this weekend. I cant put my finger on it, perhaps some rustiness from not playing for a few weeks. They did however shows glimpses of their good form during the 2nd half ,only to lapse into a coma again with 10 mins to go, but that I know what happened. Team will be announced tomorrow, will they announce SBW to start?, Im thinking that they will have him on the bench, for an impact role halfway thru the 2nd half. If the ABs start playing at a franetic pace, it will be all over by half time imo.

England playing at home (Twickers) is never an easy prospect, so this is what makes this match so interesting. ABs by 12.

p.s. Stephen Jones is a tosser. LOL

Ireland vs South Africa

I think this is another interesting game also, the Boks in rebuild mode to turn around their dismal international year. They are ripe for a beating if their confidence is down.

The acid test is on the Bok coach as it has been on the Aussie one recently. The Boks dont usually travel well, and with their tails down, the Irish will be licking their lips for some Bok bbq.

Ireland by 13.

btw, new stadium looks great

so on to the coming weekend internationals, hopefully some of you NH folk could share your thoughts on how yr teams will fare. I dont usually follow them, apart from a passing interest.

Wales vs Australia

Australia will have OConnor as their first choice kicker. This young side has some classy backs and I fear they will be the ones to watch should they get their forward pack in some form.

I have no idea how Wales is playing at the moment but they will be up for it with their screaming fans cheering them on in full cry. Hmm best guess prediction Aussies by 7.

England vs New Zealand

This is a tricky one to predict. The ABs started so poorly against Australia, I think they could do the same again this weekend. I cant put my finger on it, perhaps some rustiness from not playing for a few weeks. They did however shows glimpses of their good form during the 2nd half ,only to lapse into a coma again with 10 mins to go, but that I know what happened. Team will be announced tomorrow, will they announce SBW to start?, Im thinking that they will have him on the bench, for an impact role halfway thru the 2nd half. If the ABs start playing at a franetic pace, it will be all over by half time imo.

England playing at home (Twickers) is never an easy prospect, so this is what makes this match so interesting. ABs by 12.

p.s. Stephen Jones is a tosser. LOL

Ireland vs South Africa

I think this is another interesting game also, the Boks in rebuild mode to turn around their dismal international year. They are ripe for a beating if their confidence is down.

The acid test is on the Bok coach as it has been on the Aussie one recently. The Boks dont usually travel well, and with their tails down, the Irish will be licking their lips for some Bok bbq.

Ireland by 13.

btw, new stadium looks great

glad to see that ben foden, chris ashton and the talented ben youngs at scrum half are all getting a run out this weekend. even saw old richie passing comment on the bbc website about the threat the young foden possesses at full back and may give the all blacks one or two things to think about. for me the main area in which england are going to have to be at their best is going to be at the break down and securing quick fast ball for the backs to play with. also and surely johnson knows this, is that they are going to have to retain the ball for long periods of the game and not just waste ball by kicking it away at every opportunity. better to build some kind of foundations even if it is in their own half and against an outfit like the all blacks. anything other than being well a truly locked down in their own 22 and the need to kick as a last resort, is going to be asking for trouble.

it will also be interesting to see how the kiwis react after their performance last week against the wallabies. got to be looking to come out of the traps, quickly and confidently. wouldn't be surprised to see a marker thrown down in the first ten or so minutes, both on the scoreboard and in the physical aspect of the game, as a taste of things to come.

should be a intriguing spectacle and cant wait !

would be also nice to see the young SWB get a run out as we've heard so much about him.

heart still says all blacks by 17 points, just be interesting to see if england can hold them and for how long ? and if well and truly down and out will they at least put a fight up ?

wales v australia

who knows what two teams are going to show up. surely the aussies have to address their kicking problems, but i think as long as they can hold the scrum together should come out on top. only doubt in my mind may be whether gatlan can come up with a master to beat the wallabies and if the welsh can execute ?

aussies by 10 points.

ireland by s. africa.

should be a real hum dinger. i am going with the boks to bounce back, but only just.

safas by 6 points.

Edited by tigerfish

hey donnyboy have a butchers at this, you got your wish. cant wait to see the lad in action !

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/rugby_union/9147415.stm

what an exciting prospect!

We have two BIG samoan boys in the midfield that could potentially cause havoc right thru the centre of the park.

When SBW paired up with Robbie Fruen in the NZ domestic rugby competition, he used to drag in 2 defenders and still offload the ball. Something for the English to think about.

Actually, I dont envy the 2 midfielders in the English team this weekend. (Tindall & Hape, another kiwi)

On the flipside, the experiment could go wrong, having SBW starting instead of coming off the bench could lead to disaster. But its a gamble worth taking imo as SBW will need to get test time under his belt, if he needs to be among the ABs RWC players.

He has a nice fend too :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l2JTcLNNco&feature=related

bloody typical !

now before i go into my rant id like to say that while i have been living out here i am usually pretty easy going when it comes to the things that happen out here from day to day, if not a little bemused at times. which does tend to make me raise the odd eyebrow on a few occasions. but, for fuc_k sake it is just toomuch to ask to be able to watch the england all blacks game without having to run half way across bkk to find a place with a decent stream.

i tried a trusty old bar that i have been going to for years and is well known in bangkok as being probably the place to go for atmosphere, banter, food and drink. not tonight though, people were leaving in droves after 20 odd minutes after getting fed up with watching still frames and broken play images, including myself. so i hopped on the bts and tried out two other bars, same story. in the end i thought sod it, might as well just grab a cab and head home in the hope that i might catch the last dregs of the second half on the net. wishful thinking !

now to add insult to injury i am in the middle of watching the ireland boks game without any problems whatsoever.

i ask you mad.gif

btw was the england all blacks game any good, did i miss much ? did it live up to all expectations ? sad.gif

i didnt watch it live as it was played at 3.30am down here. But i did listen intently on the radio. I plan to watch it today when its replayed.

From what I heard it was a start stop affair with glimspes of what could have been. Too many dropped balls and rustiness creeping in. But the English were playing an expansive style, from what i heard, so that was a surprise. SBW had a quiet debut, and from what i gather would be better suited to 2nd five instead of center. However, he made the ball available for the first try for Gear in the corner, who was kept busy in the first half only to be quiet during the second. More later......

as to the Eng v AB game living up to expectations, well not really. There were glimpses of brilliance from both sides but too many errors, esp from the ABs. Maybe I was expecting them to reproduce their form during the first fews games during the trinations, when they were clinical and passes stuck. But I felt they did improve on their game from last week in HK. They needed to be patient but threw passes too high or low, or should have taken a tackle instead of pushing a pass. I would love to see SBW in at 2nd five. He is so strong in the tackle, and has the ability to draw in 2 defenders, and still offload. This would create space for the outside centre. He did this numerous times for Robbie Fruen in the domestic competition. I would love to see Fruen given the chance at centre. Such a beautiful combination.

My hats off to England for playing an expansive style. Several times, they opted to tap instead of taking a penalty place kick early in the first half. This will upset traditional rugby fans, but this is how the game will win over new rugby fans, and keep people coming back for more. Well, thats how I see it anyway.

Quick question...."Why are the All Blacks allowed to pass forward but no one else is?

Sorry but its a question i've been meaning to ask for about fifteen years. :D

haha, you must have missed the pass the french player threw in the QF game between ABs vs France during the last RWC which sunk the ABs campaign,

youre not alone as the ref Wayne Barnes missed it too :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYfMulCE1HE&p=F697E47D0995FFC0&playnext=1&index=34#

Quick question...."Why are the All Blacks allowed to pass forward but no one else is?

Sorry but its a question i've been meaning to ask for about fifteen years. :D

haha, you must have missed the pass the french player threw in the QF game between ABs vs France during the last RWC which sunk the ABs campaign,

youre not alone as the ref Wayne Barnes missed it too :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYfMulCE1HE&p=F697E47D0995FFC0&playnext=1&index=34#

Fair play mate. I tried to throw one in there and you did'nt bite. ;):lol: