What No Rugby Forum!

NZ vs Ireland 66-28

what a game, good to see Ireland try to play an expansive game, although hard to do when youre a few players down (during the first half, one down for the whole of the 2nd) and against a team that has been playing that style for years. I didnt expect the ABs to start so well. Interpassing was good and players were quick to the breakdown, although they let in 2 soft tries midway thru the 2nd half, i thought it was a good performance. The coaches didnt look happy.

Ireland can still build from here I feel, they have the right idea, just need to execute it more often. They played much better in the 2nd half. The ABs can punish you on the counter attack if you lose the ball.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NZ vs Ireland 66-28

what a game, good to see Ireland try to play an expansive game, although hard to do when youre a few players down (during the first half, one down for the whole of the 2nd) and against a team that has been playing that style for years. I didnt expect the ABs to start so well. Interpassing was good and players were quick to the breakdown, although they let in 2 soft tries midway thru the 2nd half, i thought it was a good performance. The coaches didnt look happy.

Ireland can still build from here I feel, they have the right idea, just need to execute it more often. They played much better in the 2nd half. The ABs can punish you on the counter attack if you lose the ball.

thanks for the link yet again donnyboy

australia 27-17 england.

the wallabies looked sharp on the break with ball in hand, but if they are going to be a side to be reckoned with, they are going to have to learn how to scrumage.

Edited by tigerfish

When Dan Parks started missing kicks, my heart sank - not just for our chances, but for the slating he was going to get on the internet fora. Luckily, he pulled through well. Scotland rarely looked like threatening the try line, but maybe that was because of the nature of the Argentine defence, and that's why they had a man sent off to think again. Argentina, on the other hand, looked dangerous on the counter-attack, but less so when facing a solid defence. The World Cup Group ought to be the most entertaining, with none of the sides enjoying dominance, and Georgia looking like they could spice things up too.

Meanwhile, in Leigh, Lancs. England had no trouble with the French, cruising out 60 - 6 winners, Sam Tomkins picking up four tries en route. In the autumn, France face Wales, Ireland and Scotland in the European Cup, looking for a place in the 2011 Four Nations competition with England, New Zealand and Australia.

SC

After Super Sports shutting down the C band feed into Asia I've had a look at Rugby Feeds into Thailand/Asia.

Looks like Setanta have got the rights for SANZAR rugby in 2011 in Asia market, so Australia Network will be stopping coverage at the end of the year.

Currently looks like Sentanta don't have a Asia satellite feed yet, apparently from news article they are looking for a broadcast partner and at moment only have net streaming on there Asia site.

Asia Rugby Coverage Article

Setanta Sports News

Cheers, Mick

After Super Sports shutting down the C band feed into Asia I've had a look at Rugby Feeds into Thailand/Asia.

Looks like Setanta have got the rights for SANZAR rugby in 2011 in Asia market, so Australia Network will be stopping coverage at the end of the year.

Currently looks like Sentanta don't have a Asia satellite feed yet, apparently from news article they are looking for a broadcast partner and at moment only have net streaming on there Asia site.

Asia Rugby Coverage Article

Setanta Sports News

Cheers, Mick

cheers for the update Mick

rugby viewers in asia are getting a bad deal,hopefully something will be sorted soon

Ive watched some rugby via a link i posted earlier, its not the best for viewing but at least i get to watch it

This week ends Aust Network Schedule

14:30 NZ vs Wales; NZ by 21

17:00 Aust vs England; Aust by 12

02:30 RSA vs Italy; Boks by 26

Predictions

14:30 NZ vs Wales; NZ by 18

17:00 Aust vs England; Aust by 15

02:30 RSA vs Italy; Boks by 35

Ok here goes:

14:30 NZ vs Wales; Wales by 5 (forever the optimist - whwn will i learn)

17:00 Aust vs England; Aust by 22

02:30 RSA vs Italy; Boks by 33

Donnyboy - Does that link always work as im stuck in Korat this weekend and nowhere to watch the Wales game?

Ok here goes:

Donnyboy - Does that link always work as im stuck in Korat this weekend and nowhere to watch the Wales game?

thats it!

i knew the day would come!

mods close the thread, reason, theres a taff lurking in the wings.

no, only joking. welcome welshchris, where do you hail from?

o.k predictions for this weekends round of tests.

all blacks by 18 points.

australia by 5 points. fancy the young ben youngs at scrum half is going to put his mark on the game though.

boks by 39 points.

Edited by tigerfish

Ok here goes:

hi welshchris,

nice of you to drop in, dont be shy to add in your comments,the more the better.

that link was found at the last minute, when i was frantically looking for the ABs game on the net, so im not sure if it will work this weekend

try this link if the other doesnt work

Edited by Donnyboy

Donnyboy/Tigerfish

Thanks for the welcome (and links)

Yep well and truly beaten in the second half to many youngsters with no experience to come on and try to steady the ship (and keep the score down)

Interesting game up next will see Oz can get the scrum working and if England can release backs...

Looking forward to a competitive and entertaining game this evening between Argentina and Scotland.

My prediction is a narrow Scotland win following a sending-off for the only penalty that didn't merit it, after seventy minutes of ball-killing.

And prior to that, Bradford entertain Warrington in the Superleague; Wolves need to win to keep in the chase for top spot, between their neighbours from Wigan and St Helens

SC

Donnyboy/Tigerfish

Thanks for the welcome (and links)

Yep well and truly beaten in the second half to many youngsters with no experience to come on and try to steady the ship (and keep the score down)

Interesting game up next will see Oz can get the scrum working and if England can release backs...

aussie /eng live stream link

well well. England takes it. I think Aussie lost it more. Gitto was terrible with the boot tonight.

a night of deja vue for the Wallabies in Stadium Australia

yep, didnt see the whole game though as i got dragged out shopping to makro and then got caught up in the rush hour traffic coming back. matters werent helped by the rain and the usual thai mentality on the roads.

glad to see youngs get on the score sheet, one to look out for the future!. just a shame england havent got the same attitude about blooding players a lot earlier in their international careers.

so it was the dan the man show against the welsh, nice to here he hit his stride again, after a bit of an up and down year. maybe theres more to come in the tri nations.

as for the welsh, i think they are going through a bit of a trial and error phase, but its good to know that gatland isnt afraid to ring the changes.

now for the boks up against the itais. wonder if they can rattle a few cages.

The Boks win against Italy but it wasnt convincing by all accounts. I didnt see the game, but NZ Herald writes it was a scrappy game.

It gets more interesting leading up to the Trinations this year, and proves that Super 14 form doesnt normally translate to International form.

Dan Carter gets a good write up this weekend as well, but he seems to have his feet on the ground still which is good.

Yep Well done England, Aussies only have Gitteau to blame.

Tri Nations will be good this year, time for all three to bring through a couple of new faces with world cup round the corner.

Smart money is on NZ though i feel.

Roll on next week to see if Gatland starts with Biggar at 10 - he needs the international game time.

So that all went pretty much according to plan, then, and can't complain.

Warrington looked a bit shakey for a while, Scotland more so, but in the end, I thought both teams deserved their wins.

Certainly encouraging for Scotland for the world cup, though that's still a long way away...

SC

Scotland are far from the most entertaining team in the world but impressed with what Andy Robinson has done he has made them difficult to play against and they are starting to win games that a couple of seasons ago would have gone against them.

To win back to back in Argentina is no easy feat but the Argies are not the force they were at last world cup.

I didnt see the Scots/Arg game, but good on the Scots. Will do their confidence a world of good.Have the scots blooded any new players on this tour?

WelshChris, too early to call on the Trinations I feel still. Aussies & Boks have some work to do I admit, but dont discount them just yet

Scotland are far from the most entertaining team in the world but impressed with what Andy Robinson has done he has made them difficult to play against and they are starting to win games that a couple of seasons ago would have gone against them.

To win back to back in Argentina is no easy feat but the Argies are not the force they were at last world cup.

I was in Paris for the Quarter-final, and I think if we'd been patient, and settled in for another half hour or so of play after the whistle, we could have ground our way over the try line sooner or later. I think it was desparation and impatience that led to the final kick-over, that let them clear into touch as I recall; there really wasn't much to choose between the two teams. It wasnt like the Group Stage game against Italy, where I felt Italy were the better team. I really felt for Alessandro Troncon.

SC

New Zealand v Wales, NZ by 10, with Biggar starting at 10 can see a more expansive game from Wales however can see an intercept try as he passes the ball way to flat sometimes when it isnt on.

Australia v Ireland, Ire by 4, Ireland will be fired up after teh NZ score

Argentina v France, Arg by 3 - Frnce arn't the best travellers if Arg can keep it tight can see a shock.

South Africa v Italy, Boks by 30 - played badly and still won well last week.

Saturday, 26 June 2010

New Zealand v Wales, NZ by 10

Argentina v France, Argentina by 4

South Africa v Italy, Boks by 12

Australia v Ireland,

Back row for Ireland, Leamy, Heaslip, Wallace & Ferris all missing, going to be tight, but I reckon a Tommy Bowe late clincher to win it.