Incredible Scene At Samui Immigration

There's more than one hole in the story. The notion that a Thai official would do something nasty to a farang (like the supposed cancelation of his visa extension) and then publicly announce it to other farang sounds pretty far-fetched - as does the idea that a Thai police official would apologize to a group of farang strangers for the behaviour of another farang stranger.

It's more like someone's fantasy of "good" Thai officials and "good" farang being united against the "bad" farang.

It's one of those tales that, even if untrue, I enjoyed it anyway.

:o:D:D

Ladies and Gentlemen, I apologise to you for that rude man's behaviour and you might like to know that we have cancelled his extension and when he tries to leave Thailand he will be arrested as an overstayer"  The room actually burst out in spontaneous applause !!

No moral or point to the story, just thought it was interesting and you might like to hear it.  Pete.

I wonder how they managed to cancel his visa extension without his passport?

Oh they can :o

I can see them not entering the extension on the computer and maybe even flagging his name with some comment like “###### him around”…. But they have not removed the extension entry from his passport.

He will behave like a lunatic when he is told he has no extension. I would love to be a fly on the wall for that one.

What an incredible heap of bullsiht.

Thai Immigration officer, saying that to other farangs.

Someone stupid enough to walk into immigration without a shirt, and then throwing their shirt at a memner of staff. They would be arrested there and then surely???