Super Bowl 2010

Deez

Chiang Mai Saloon, the original on Loi Kroh Road.

Ron runs this every year.

Even has approval from the BIB to stay open.

Google it, you'll find it.

EDIT: for all I know, maybe UN Irish, or Number 1, or Mad Dog, or a dozen other places do this too.

Last year the Chiang Mai Saloon on Loi Kroh Road did NOT have the Superbowl, but the Chiang Mai Saloon down from Thai Pei gate DID. I'm going to check the various establishments this week and I'll report back here. No sense in running around at the last minute trying to find a place to watch the game. I don't have TV in my hotel room because there is nothing but crap channels showing Thai soap operas.

I can add another one to the list. The Rose Guesthouse at 87 Ratchamanka Road is opening for the game. The guesthouse is on the corner about two blocks inside the moat across from Loi kroh road. Their #4 breakfast special is VERY good. The TV screens are relatively small, but the tables will be set up to watch the 2 screens.

Rose cafe gets my vote too! Breakfast is top notch, one large HD TV and a smaller one the other end. You won't be disappointed if you go there.

Just a shame about the quality of the UBC signal not being HD. I have a 55" Samsung LED at home, I never watch sports on it because the picture is just no good. Basically in Thailand the bigger and better your TV is, the worse the picture will look because of the low grade SD signal.

You'll be better of chosing where to go looking at what else is offered, rather that whether ther is a HD tv or not.

Rose cafe gets my vote too! Breakfast is top notch, one large HD TV and a smaller one the other end. You won't be disappointed if you go there.

Just a shame about the quality of the UBC signal not being HD. I have a 55" Samsung LED at home, I never watch sports on it because the picture is just no good. Basically in Thailand the bigger and better your TV is, the worse the picture will look because of the low grade SD signal.

You'll be better of chosing where to go looking at what else is offered, rather that whether ther is a HD tv or not.

You can get quality HD streams off the net.. and direct them to you TV. Super bowl as well... you just have to have a good internet connection.

Chiang Mai Saloon, the original on Loi Kroh Road.

Ron runs this every year.

Even has approval from the BIB to stay open.

Google it, you'll find it.

EDIT: for all I know, maybe UN Irish, or Number 1, or Mad Dog, or a dozen other places do this too.

The Chiang Mai saloon on Loi Kroh Road will NOT be showing the Superbowl.

However, the LARGER Chiang Mai saloon on Ratchawithi Road (inside the moat) WILL be showing the game, just as they did last year. The doors open at 5:45 and kick off is about 6:15 to 6:30. Breakfast special is 199 baht. The CM Saloon is about one block down on Ratchawithi Road (first major crossroad north of Tai Pei gate) and opposite Mikes burgers on the outside of the moat.

You can get quality HD streams off the net.. and direct them to you TV. Super bowl as well... you just have to have a good internet connection.

True, but since the signal comes from servers outside Thailand you can get problems with botllenecked bandwith, allthough at that time a day it might not be problem.

Went to the new Siam TV building yesterday to check out the deals and pau an UBC bill. And lo and behold... In the TRUE shop they are adverticing HD, one of the channels that soposedly will be avaliable is ASN (that shows the Super Bowl) but not till March at the earliest. So Maybe next year we will all be able to watch the Super Bowl in HD without a great internet connection.

My fingers are crossed.

This should be interesting. Can not sell alcohol tell 11 AM. Will the BIB be out ? :)

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Selling-Alco...pm-t336166.html

I don't have UBC, just the local cable here in Phuket that carries Astro Supersport, but I don't know if they are going to carry it. Does anyone know if it will be on regulr (terrestrial) Thai tv? If so which channel?

relatives in town... so made the pilgrimage thru the night bazaar. Saw at least 2 places on the main drag advertising Super Bowl TV and breakfast, starting at 6 am.... so... seems like lots of places are competing for the business.

The Empress Hotel is showing the game live, with breakfast. Free to the first 50 (maybe? my memory sucks) people there.

The best news of all is that I won't be there. Everybody cheer!

So my lovely Aussie bride and I were watching JEEVES AND WOOSTER on DVD the other night. Season 2, the episode where Bertie plays the trombone very badly. Gets kicked out of the neighborhood. Jeeves quits. Etc. And believe it or not, I recognized the tune.

Oh when the Saints (oh when the Saints)

Go kicking butt (go kicking butt)

Oh when the Saints go kicking butt...

Who Dat?!