Indian Spices (etc.) Near Suk Soi 24

phetaroi

I like to do a little Indian cooking and need some basic Indian foodstuffs -- garam masala, jars of Indian chutney ingredients, etc.

I live on Sukhumvit, Soi 24 (near Emporium). Anyone know of some easy to find Indian food stores in that area?

Thanks!

Walk in to the Rembrandt soi 20 and there one on the left

Sells all the spices and more

This is Indian owned and supply there own brand of spices, always in there as I love to cook Indian myself

:)

Edited by Slaps

I thank those who responded.

I tried the Tops first. Kinda disappointed in terms of Indian foodstuffs...very minimal from my perspective. But, I do appreciate the tip because that is certainly one of the nicer Tops and just 1 Skytrain stop away from Suk 24!

The shop at Rembrandt was better, but still quite limited. I did find the spices I needed, although no mint chutney. So, I worked with what I had and made chicken tikka that was "okay" (still hope to locate my old recipe) and mint chutney that was...well let's say I gotta start from scratch on that. :-)

I'll be down near Suk 10 sometime in the next few days, so I will enjoy checking that out as well!

Edited by phetaroi

mint chutney from scratch isnt that complicated I think

(speaks the woman who doesnt cook HAHA)

but as in, from what I have seen it requires only minimal ingredients and minimal work, and is ohhhh so yummy!

Slaps,

Not in BKK at the moment, so can't check it out, did you see any Tellicherry pepper (black pepper...) in there?

Thanks

Doro

Walk in to the Rembrandt soi 20 and there one on the left

Sells all the spices and more

This is Indian owned and supply there own brand of spices, always in there as I love to cook Indian myself

:)