Air Asia Bkk To Ldn

james24

I was thinking the same for a trip in june, but once you have priced the luggage etc, its only 2000thb cheaper than Qatar and you don't have to mess about flying to KL and going through imigration etc. I would have a check round some of the other carriers as well.

I had to fly to London this Christmas and as you can imagine all flights were expensive even Air Asia but I found a cheap option with Air Sri Lanka www.srilankan.aero. You have to be careful what days because some flights don't link up at Columbo without a long wait ( although you get a free hotel and dinner in Columbo if your transit is more than 8 hours) but apart from the fact it is a bit longer to travel the flight was excellent ( nearly empty we had a full row to ourselves) and video in the back of the seat.

"from bkk to ldn stanstead later in the year"

there is no a direct air asia flight bkk-london.

because you are in chang mai (I assume) you can fly directly to KL on any budget airline.

if you fly regularly to London (at least once a year), the way of saving money is to fly to London only one way (air asia would be much cheaper for a one way ticket than regular airlines) and get an open ticket in London valid for 6 or 12 months.

yes done it a couple of times now, all very basic but if you book way in advance you can get a good price, I fly back next month and the single ticket, CNX, KL, Stanstead was 6,700 baht inclusive.

It does require a stopover in KL though to be on the safe side, a room at the Tune hotel at the airport or [even cheaper ] downtown KL won't set you back much.

yes done it a couple of times now, all very basic but if you book way in advance you can get a good price, I fly back next month and the single ticket, CNX, KL, Stanstead was 6,700 baht inclusive.

It does require a stopover in KL though to be on the safe side, a room at the Tune hotel at the airport or [even cheaper ] downtown KL won't set you back much.

WOW!!

I have been checking Rtn prices from CNX--UK [ actually BHX, eventually] and best was Qatar ending up around 70K for self and daughter--6,700 one way per person and then similar back to CNX---is that the absolute bottom line or do they tack on a load of extras a la Air Asia policy? In fact you mention hotel stay as well--it would be interesting to know what is the final figure , everything included--do you get fed on Air Asia or have to buy food?

WOW!!

I have been checking Rtn prices from CNX--UK [ actually BHX, eventually] and best was Qatar ending up around 70K for self and daughter--6,700 one way per person and then similar back to CNX---is that the absolute bottom line or do they tack on a load of extras a la Air Asia policy? In fact you mention hotel stay as well--it would be interesting to know what is the final figure , everything included--do you get fed on Air Asia or have to buy food?

This is the inclusive price including 25kg of luggage and food on the KL to Stanstead leg.

I'm doing a side trip from KL to Borneo but 2 nights at the Tune hotel downtown KL cost me 540 baht for both nights I did book this ticket way in advance though, June last year for February this year, also because of tax the Stanstead - KL flight is a fair bit more expensive.

Also the flights and the hotels are very basic, though the Tune hotels I have stayed in have been very clean but tiny.

As I've mentioned it is important to book way in advance and looks for deals regularly.

Best of luck :)

As I've mentioned it is important to book way in advance and looks for deals regularly.

Can anyone help to relieve my headache trying to resolve this puzzle :

Sri Lankan Airlines : March 9th 2010

Depart 2:15am CMB

Arrive 8.45am LHR

This is an overnight flight.

How is this flight exactly 12 hours? I can only make it 6 and a half hours.

I'm clearly missing something very obvious but I'm resigned to the embarrassment.

Can anyone help to relieve my headache trying to resolve this puzzle :

Sri Lankan Airlines : March 9th 2010

Depart 2:15am CMB

Arrive 8.45am LHR

This is an overnight flight.

How is this flight exactly 12 hours? I can only make it 6 and a half hours.

I'm clearly missing something very obvious but I'm resigned to the embarrassment.

london time is 6 hours behind i think; so 6 an a half hours you counted plus the other 6 for time difference = 12 an half hours

I was speaking to someone only last week who did this journey to Stansted from KL. A lot depends on your final destination in the UK and which airline connects you to it from Stansted. More importantly is the flight back to Stansted when you are returning. There are numerous 'budget' airlines connecting Stansted to other parts of the UK and some of them are less than reliable in terms of keeping to a timetable. My friend found his plane into Stansted delayed for a couple of hours, which very nearly caused him to miss his flight to KL. The airline ground staff told him he was 'lucky' because the plane the day before had been cancelled altogether! A little episode like that could well end up being a very costly affair indeed.

Just one to think about...

Edited by Bearnagh

I thought about taking the KL to London flight, but like with some others I found that with a flight down to KL and a possible hotel stay in one or both directions in KL and the added extras it turned out not that much cheaper.

I also had a friend that done this leg on a return journey and she said she would never fly again on a long-haul flight with Air Asia, basically you get what you pay for!!

Have booked my return flights to London with Qatar for the grand sum of 27,949 each in April. Could be much happier at that price and I had been shopping around for a couple of months changing my times and dates.

london time is 6 hours behind i think; so 6 an a half hours you counted plus the other 6 for time difference = 12 an half hours

Yes, that's the piece of the jigsaw I forgot about. Thanks.

Not trying to split hairs but UK is -7 hours Thailand time as we are in winter mode not summer mode

I thought about taking the KL to London flight, but like with some others I found that with a flight down to KL and a possible hotel stay in one or both directions in KL and the added extras it turned out not that much cheaper.

I also had a friend that done this leg on a return journey and she said she would never fly again on a long-haul flight with Air Asia, basically you get what you pay for!!

Have booked my return flights to London with Qatar for the grand sum of 27,949 each in April. Could be much happier at that price and I had been shopping around for a couple of months changing my times and dates.

If you are taking long haul with AA make sure you get the "hot seats" the ones with extra leg room,cost just a few baht more I think otherwise you could be crippled by the time you reach your destination. We did the 3 hours to Bali .good flight .on time , good service but wouldnt want to travel any further.

If you are taking long haul with AA make sure you get the "hot seats" the ones with extra leg room,cost just a few baht more I think otherwise you could be crippled by the time you reach your destination. We did the 3 hours to Bali .good flight .on time , good service but wouldnt want to travel any further.

I don't like to carp on about Air Asia but I found the 12hr or so journey pretty much the same as any other long haul flight in economy.

What you don't get is the entertainment centres in the back of the seats, or the free drinks. A couple of good books and a mp3 player does me.

For the sake of 12hrs if I can get it a few thousand baht cheaper I will do it. If I had the cash I'd go Singapore everytime :D

Stanstead is such a small airport as well so you breeze through customs and Baggage.

The last non Air Asia flight I flew was Qantas which was delayed around seven hours :)

I don't like to carp on about Air Asia but I found the 12hr or so journey pretty much the same as any other long haul flight in economy.

What you don't get is the entertainment centres in the back of the seats, or the free drinks. A couple of good books and a mp3 player does me.

For the sake of 12hrs if I can get it a few thousand baht cheaper I will do it. If I had the cash I'd go Singapore everytime :D

Stanstead is such a small airport as well so you breeze through customs and Baggage.

The last non Air Asia flight I flew was Qantas which was delayed around seven hours :)

What you don't get is the entertainment centres in the back of the seats,

bit like Thai airways then ?

Stanstead is an easier airport to clear immigration and customs . Smaller than Heathrow.

The fast coach services are frequent and reliable and not expensive, often a better alternative to the train

Would anyone have experience with Jet Airways?

They have an attractive cheap flight to London Heathrow BKK-BOM-4.30hours. Wait 2.30hours. Then BOM-LHR only 10 hour flight. $509/£324. Total Time 17hours. Would anyone have any warnings about this flight?

Sri Lankan Air also have good prices.But long waits at Columbo and 19 hours total time.

Singapore Airlines can do a very nice one way deal from Bangkok to London for only THB229,675 including taxes. The flight is biz on a B777 from BKK to SIN then a rather comfortable suite on an A380 for the SIN-LHR leg. The round trip is only THB337,095.

You'll arrive feeling fresh and relaxed which, in my opinion, is a somewhat better option than sitting in a cramped seat next to some smelly back-packer on a budget flight for the best part of a day.

They have an attractive cheap flight to London Heathrow BKK-BOM-4.30hours. Wait 2.30hours. Then BOM-LHR only 10 hour flight. $509/£324. Total Time 17hours. Would anyone have any warnings about this flight?

Sri Lankan Air also have good prices.But long waits at Columbo and 19 hours total time.

I've used Jet Airways and found them to be as good as anyone else. The downside is Mumbai where there are a lot of alterations to the terminal going on and security checks are slow. The food on board is curryish as you would expect of an Indian airline and all the booze is on board.

Singapore Airlines can do a very nice one way deal from Bangkok to London for only THB229,675 including taxes. The flight is biz on a B777 from BKK to SIN then a rather comfortable suite on an A380 for the SIN-LHR leg. The round trip is only THB337,095.

erm how much? let me just just ask the wife for the airfare!!

on this route they give 35kg, the ticket is valid 6 month and you can change the return date once for free and the next for only £35.

my wife flew with them - delay 1.5 from london due to technical, but catched her plane in mumbay, despite slow security. Noisy on bangkok leg, so take window seat and ear plugs

I was thinking the same for a trip in june, but once you have priced the luggage etc, its only 2000thb cheaper than Qatar and you don't have to mess about flying to KL and going through imigration etc. I would have a check round some of the other carriers as well.

qatar is great and the flight comes with excellent service all the way to ldn.

kl bit is a hassle last i took to oz.

flight delays very common en-route via airasia beyond s.e.asia.

You'll arrive feeling fresh and relaxed which, in my opinion, is a somewhat better option than sitting in a cramped seat next to some smelly back-packer on a budget flight for the best part of a day.

:) true but a bit snobbish , no?

budget airs will always be budget airs.

no airs about budget airs although jetstar seem to fare a bit better for long hauls.