Browser ,hijacker Deskbar/ Superantispyware

norwayeagle

Hi.is this a false positiv? or not? avast don't see it,neighter do malewarebytes,advanced system protector(in advanced vista optimizer)or privacy protector in advanced systemoptimizer,,,,i use ccleaner too. Hope some1 in here can help me :D.I have taken a photo of it with snipertool...Thanks :)

I'd not heard of that spyware tool before but I checked it out and it seems to be pretty legitimate, and gets some decent reviews, so I think it's safe to assume that it's either correct, or just a false positive of some kind.

Are you getting any adverse system effects from it?

Edited by Terry1971

Hi,thank you for the reply .I forgot to say that Superantispyware can't delete it ,even after safe reboot,it's popping up again and again when i run Superanti,,,,re,but only there :) .My laptop is running quite normal,have not reformatted in over a year,so i quess i just leave it then :D .... :D ...

You can use Window's regedit (or download a tool like Registrar Lite) and have a look at your registry to see if those keys truly exist. If so, zap 'em, and do a scan for virus and malware. Better yet, if the threat is true restore your C: partition from your latest backup -- you do keep back ups, don't you?

Hi.Thank you 4 the info! Backup? what's that? heheh (jokiiing) Sure i do,and i also have Acronis True image 2010 :D ,,,Think i will give the Registrar Lite a try :D ,if still a problem i "swap" the C:Again :)

You can use Window's regedit (or download a tool like Registrar Lite) and have a look at your registry to see if those keys truly exist. If so, zap 'em, and do a scan for virus and malware. Better yet, if the threat is true restore your C: partition from your latest backup -- you do keep back ups, don't you?