Questions About The Visa Application Form

Here is a link the the form : http://www.mfa.go.th/internet/consular/Vis...icationform.pdf

Date of Arrival in Thailand : Does it need to be an exact date or is "June 2010" possible ?

Traveling By : Do I need to buy tickets before I apply for the visa or can I leave it blank?

Occupation : If I don't work, need to write "Unemployed" or just leave it blank?

Purpose of Visit : If I just want to stay with my wife and her family, what is the best choice ?

Duration of proposed stay : It is best to write 1 Year and then just extend it at the Thai immigration If I want to stay longer, right?

Countries for which the travel document (passport) is valid : ??

Proposed address in Thailand : A hotel address is ok even if I just stay there for one night?

Local Guarantor : Can I leave it blank?

A lot of questions but I don't know if you can leave a lot of blank on that form so it's better to ask first.

Thanks

Hi,

If you are in Thailand, when you go to apply for your visa, there will be a completed sample form for you to look at. I did mine last November 2009 at the Thai Immigration office. I only remember a little bit.

What type of Non-Immigrant Visa are you trying to get? (Retirement, Marriage (Thai wife), Education, etc.) Now that I thought about it, I don't even have enough information. However, I will answer your questions the best I can.

Date of Arrival in Thailand : Does it need to be an exact date or is "June 2010" possible ?

IF already in Thailand, then use the exact date stamped in your passport. If you have not travel yet, then just pick an earliest expected travel date.

Traveling By : Do I need to buy tickets before I apply for the visa or can I leave it blank?

No, you should not buy a ticket before getting a visa. Air, Land, Sea (Example: Air: Philippine Airlines 124)

Occupation : If I don't work, need to write "Unemployed" or just leave it blank?

"Unemployed" or "Not employed" or "Retired"

Purpose of Visit : If I just want to stay with my wife and her family, what is the best choice ?

Other: Live with wife and family for long term.

Duration of proposed stay : It is best to write 1 Year and then just extend it at the Thai immigration If I want to stay longer, right?

1 year or 365 days. (The type of NON-IM visa you apply for will determine the length of the visa.)

Countries for which the travel document (passport) is valid : ??

From what country is your passport (US, UK, Philippines, India ???)

Proposed address in Thailand : A hotel address is ok even if I just stay there for one night?

No, it is not. Are you not going to stay with your wife? If yes, then use her address. If you ask for 365 days and stay in a hotel and not employed, then how are you going to support yourself?

Local Guarantor : Can I leave it blank?

I don't know what this is.

You have some red flags. Employment and money (income/savings). With just the facts you provided, Thailand would most likely not grant you a NON-IM vista (365 days) due to employment/money. I could be wrong.