Ais 3g Dongle

NALAK

i live near railway darkside purchased AIS dongle 3g getting speeds of 10-0 kbs speed wrong word, callcentre and teleiz shop say same garbage no 3g no body else have a problem. is anybody else having any problems. can anybody suggest better supplier for over here?

any sensible suggestions welcome doing my head in

Edited by NALAK

They all promise fast speeds, however what ever they say, you will find in the fine print or verbally from the technician, (speed up to) In other words you can pay for the top speed but on a bad night get the lowest speed and as a few have said tonight or no internet at all.

You're not having any problems, you are getting the speed as available on the current 2.75 G network (GPRS/EDGE).

There is no 3G service yet in Pattaya (on the gsm network as used by True, Dtac and AIS).

The only thing coming close (or actually is 3G) is the EV-DO service from Hutch.

Different dongle (uses the CDMA network instead of GSM) and yes, they have service in the area you live.

From most reports on that one you can expect download speeds between 500 and 1500 kbps, and rather slow upload speeds of between 50 and 100 kbps.

For more info, pop into their shop right next to the Kasikorn bank on South Pattaya road.

You're not having any problems, you are getting the speed as available on the current 2.75 G network (GPRS/EDGE).

There is no 3G service yet in Pattaya (on the gsm network as used by True, Dtac and AIS).

The only thing coming close (or actually is 3G) is the EV-DO service from Hutch.

Different dongle (uses the CDMA network instead of GSM) and yes, they have service in the area you live.

From most reports on that one you can expect download speeds between 500 and 1500 kbps, and rather slow upload speeds of between 50 and 100 kbps.

For more info, pop into their shop right next to the Kasikorn bank on South Pattaya road.

just going now thanks have ev do card from cat ex samui hopeully can use this wll go and see

Have AIS 3g bought in Chiang Mai .Paying B1,500 for 5 GB a month .Am now in Jomtien for a short stay with my same USB modem and getting far slower speed .Also i later found out that in CM if you pay extra at the start for a Router modem you get 15 GB a month for B500 .( offer open till may ,then maybe the price goes up ?)

Those dongles only provide slow dial up speed, I used one for about a month and broke down and ordered real internet thru BTV.

Actually speed is far better then dial-up, but obviously still way slower then ADSL.

And nowadays, in some area's, with the right dongle, you can get pretty decent speeds!

Thaifan2's dongle will work fast in Chiang Mai, where AIS has 3G service, anywhere else his dongle will fall back to the slow GPRS/EDGE network.

I live on the Darkside.

As back up I use a SOLOMON SEGM-520- EDGE USB modem i purchased a few years ago in Tuckom.

I can use either a DTAC or AIS sim card depending on whose performing best on the day.

I’m using it at the moment as my TT&T line has been down since Sunday afternoon.

The SOLOMON web-site info claims it gives speeds of up to 460.8kbps.

But here is the reality:

Last Result:

Download Speed: 184 kbps (23 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 89 kbps (11.1 KB/sec transfer rate)

Latency: 1095 ms

Tuesday, February 09, 2010 9:16:41 AM

Still better than 56k dial up.

The SOLOMON web-site info claims it gives speeds of up to 460.8kbps.

This is actually correct, it is what the modem can handle.

Only to get hose speeds you need to get 8 time slots assigned to your connection, and both AIS and Dtac limit the available time slots per user to 4, so theoretical maximum speed is exactly half of the 460 kbps

For a very short while they (AIS) had mucked up the settings of their cell in my area releasing all 8 slots, and I was flabbergasted to see a consistent download speed of over 300 kbps! Unfortunately lasted only a week or so :)

• 3 weeks later...