Serious Wild Boar Inquiry

Hello guys im totally new here so let me introduce myself

My name is Peter and im currently interested in going into the Wild Boar business, starting with asia first.

More particularly Vietnam. (wholesale importing exporting etc...)

Ok, so on to my question for all you folks here

I was just hoping some people here can just pump me full of information about the breeding and raising about these beasts. Maybe introduce me to some local farms around your area.

The bottom line is i have land and some capital to go into the wild boar market and i would like a lot of helping hands and suggestions from you good people here!

Thanks in advance

looking forward to your replies :)

I hate to see this because the Smoky Mt. National Park in NC/TN has a huge problem with wild boars that are ruining many parts of the park.

They came to be there because they escaped from some kind of shooting preserve where the owners imported these animals from a farm similar to what it sounds like you are hoping to start.

This problem has been going on for over 25 years now and the imported animals will probably never be eradicated.

I could see the same thing happening here if you are successful.

I don't wish you any luck in this matter.

haha fiddle head i think you got me wrong! let me clarify a bit more guys

Im not interested in getting the boars together for a hunting reserve or anything like that. In my country Vietnam the wild boars are surging lately in popularity, as very high end delicacy.

I am interested in breeding and raising these guys straight for the market to consume. Im not interested in destroying the countrys land and resources or anything of that matter.

I currently have vast amounts of land, and am just inquiring and studying more about this particular breed and how different each breed is for every part of the world. For instance i hear that england has the biggest breed of wild boar and can go up to 650lbs+..but would this breed sucessfully live in the asian atmosphere? i have many questions like these.

I would like to know whact exactly would be best for feeding these beasts, can i just grow many vegetables and what not things of that nature?

any suggestions and comments are welcomed!

cmon feed this starving mind some knowledge please!

Here is a huge wild pig taken by a boy with a hand gun;

post-17093-1265619702_thumb.jpg

The rest of the story;

An 11-year-old Alabama boy used a pistol to kill a wild hog that just may be the biggest pig ever found.

Jamison Stone's father says the hog his son killed weighed a 1,051 pounds and measured 9-feet-4 from the tip of its snout to the base of its tail. Think hams as big as car tires.

If the claims are accurate, Jamison's trophy boar would be bigger than Hogzilla, the famed wild hog that grew to seemingly mythical proportions after being killed in south Georgia in 2004.

Why bother farming them!! import them from Australia, there are supposedly upwards of 24 million wild pigs In Australia,they are considered a pest and a major contributor to the pollution of the water supply in some states,the local rednecks hunt them with dogs and Bows for sunday entertainment, so get yourself a check shirt and a battered Akubra and you are in business :)

Why bother farming them!! import them from Australia, there are supposedly upwards of 24 million wild pigs In Australia,they are considered a pest and a major contributor to the pollution of the water supply in some states,the local rednecks hunt them with dogs and Bows for sunday entertainment, so get yourself a check shirt and a battered Akubra and you are in business :)

Hi Nignoy,

My nephew is one of those 'rednecks' you mentioned, hunting large wild pigs with just dogs. The dogs pull the pig down and he then rushes in and binds its snout and legs with a strong cord.

He caught a wild boar live, on my property at Rocksberg a few years ago. It weighed over 300 lbs and took 6 men to lift it onto the Toyota ute.

Farm raised wild boar. Seems like an oxymoron but live and learn.

Yes mate. I am confused, how can it be a wild boar if its bred on a farm.

In Australia we have thousands of the bloody things running wild and there is a big industry for both hobby and professional hunters. I believe that a large part of the catch goes to Germany.

Farm raised wild boar. Seems like an oxymoron but live and learn.

Yes mate. I am confused, how can it be a wild boar if its bred on a farm.

In Australia we have thousands of the bloody things running wild and there is a big industry for both hobby and professional hunters. I believe that a large part of the catch goes to Germany.

do they need a visa :)

the same as other breeds: the type of animal is called wild boar, even if u breed them, they are not the same as other types of domesticated swine.... sometimes the pregnancies are different, the amount of babies is different, the heat cycles are different.

a pig can run wild, but it is still a domesticated pig running wild (feral). same as dogs. feral dogs have the same heat cycles as those living with people, behavior patters whatever.

real wild dogs have a slightly different biological pattern in breeding/etc.

nignoy can explain the biology further if need be...

its like captive raised wild red deer

bina

israel

The boy who killed the wild pig with a pistol certainly got his trophy fame, and these animals are undoubtedly different critters from the familiar bacon producing varieties. Still I wonder if any farming of them can hope to produce the lean, dark, flavor filled meat I recently had for the first time after a local village hunted them down and barbecued them. The meat was NOT tender, but it was certainly lean.

• 3 months later...

That pic has been 'floating' around for years and has been PROVEN to be a fake. Wild Boar can NEVER get to that size-period!

The Asian wild boars the originator of this thread refers to are even smaller than their Aussie cousins & are farmed here. They are very difficult to contain, being little 'wily' creatures, they are late developers, often with very small litter size in comparison to domesticated swine breeds and they are fatty and as tough as old boots to eat.

Here is a huge wild pig taken by a boy with a hand gun;

I thought that this was hog wash and here is the truth lol

http://www.stinkyjournalism.org/latest-jou...-updates-45.php

post-17093-1265619702_thumb.jpg