Australian Style Meat Pies And Sausage Rolls

Morien

Hi everyone,

has anyone spotted some good Australian style Meat Pies and Sausage Rolls in Chiang Mai?

I've seen imports at Limping Supermarket for quite a high price, and found some bakers that make 'decent' pies (except they forget possibly the most important ingredient: Gravy), but nothing quite like home.

Otherwise, has anyone spotted Puff Pastry for sale anywhere?

Thanks

Michael

Hi Michael

In Phuket we make real Aussie pies under the Lady Pie brand, plus Thai pies and many other gourmet goodies. We ditribute to all Villa Markets in BKK, Pattaya, Phuket and Hua Hin but realise they are not in Chiang Mai.

We are looking for a Chiang Mai distributor so you may be interseted. Let me know if you are, or know of anyone else interested on [email protected]. We are planning on being in Chiang Mai from 21st to 24th feb, ie week after next.

Cheers

Harry

Hi Michael

To add to my last message, all our pies have puff pastry tops. We also sell puff pastry on its own and sausage rolls. We already send batches of our products to the Aussie gold miners at Pisanalog via air freight in polystyrene boxes and could do the same for you or a group of interested people in CM.Best to order in batches of 100kg + to get minimum air freight charge. You can check out our product range in our web page.

Cheers again

Harry

• 3 months later...

I bought Lady Pie (really, that's the brand) Aussie Pies from Phuket in Rimping for 80 baht each. I will be giving them a run on State of Origin night tomorrow. Rimping also have rolls of puff pastry for 170 baht.

Edited by Boksida

• 4 months later...

I have just come from a short stint in Mae Hong Son and found a new bar set up there called 'The Jungle Bar'. They sell Aussie Meat Pies, and they're fantastic! As an Aussie expat I've come to miss the good ol' Aussie Pie and found this place that serves them up with chips and sauce. Great little bar with ice cold beer (which if you've been here long, know it is hard to find) and also steak sandwiches.

I asked where they get the pies and they told me they buy them off another Aussie who makes them in Thailand - could be Lady Pie.

Great atmosphere too - they play western music and have comfy laid back chairs. A young Aussie couple run it too.

I recommend checking them out if you're ever in Maehongson. They're right in the centre of town - not easily seen - but just follow the music!

I have just come from a short stint in Mae Hong Son and found a new bar set up there called 'The Jungle Bar'. They sell Aussie Meat Pies, and they're fantastic! As an Aussie expat I've come to miss the good ol' Aussie Pie and found this place that serves them up with chips and sauce. Great little bar with ice cold beer (which if you've been here long, know it is hard to find) and also steak sandwiches.

I asked where they get the pies and they told me they buy them off another Aussie who makes them in Thailand - could be Lady Pie.

Great atmosphere too - they play western music and have comfy laid back chairs. A young Aussie couple run it too.

I recommend checking them out if you're ever in Maehongson. They're right in the centre of town - not easily seen - but just follow the music!

Both Rimping and Makro used to sell packs of puff pastry. Not sure if they still do. You could try YOK which is opposite Carrefour on the super highway

• 10 years later...