The Right To Work In The Uk

The Time has come for the missus to get some work and before doing so, I thought I'd get some feedback from those that have been through this recently. mrs P is a on a 2yr +3 mths Spouse visa, and now has her NI number.

Whats the next stage in applying for work, just do it or as the UKBA (confusing website) states, does she also need a permit or letter to back up her right to work even though she is married to a UK National??

Cheers in advcance.

As she already has her NI number all she needs to do is find a job. The UKBA website is of no use. The employer will (should) require her to show her passpost which will state on her visa no restrictions to work and ask for her NI number.

Simple.

Gte the pounds rolling in!!

Where do you live in UK??

To clarify the points for any future readers.

Most UK settlement visas allow the holder to work immediately they arrive in the UK. The obvious exception is a fiance/prospective civil partner visa where the holder cannot work until after the marriage/civil partnership and they have obtained their FLR.

Obviously, you will need a NI number to work, but you can start work before you have this. Your employer will use a temporary number based on your date of birth until you have your real one.

Prospective employers will need to see your passport and visa before employing you. The fines for employing someone whose entry clearance prohibts them from working are high.

My wife got her NI number within days of arriving in the UK, but didn't have much luck in finding a job for quite a while.

She is now working and is more than happy in her job..... and even happier with the pay! :)

its no proplem getting a NI for missus its getting a job thats not easy.