Oman Air

tooninthai

I just wanted to say that I flew to the UK and back with Oman Air. Booked here in Thailand for the return trip. £480 including taxes.

Service was very good. Flights on time. Airbus with tv on the seats. Food very acceptable. Friendly staff.

An e-mail query was answered same day too.

The one let down was Muscat Airport. But you can't have everything :)

Every bit as good as Etihad who I refused to use this time because of their higher prices and with whom I have now lost my Silver status - no great loss at near £700 for the same flight to Heathrow.

Edited by tooninthai

Sounds good and hope to try it Lon-Bangers but noticed that the stopover seems a bit looo..ng in Muscat...(think about 6-7 hours ) although they might have re adjusted.

Hoping to bring wifes nieces over for a looksee and TG/Others prices from Bangkok look like the UKs national Debt....SO PENG... :)

I remember when everything in LOS was cheaper than the west but unless you have your setup already paid for looks like its only open to $$$$ lodsa...

Wife confirms that everything she buys over "ere (apart from Houses/Food/bus fares)are cheaper than Bangkok...even that most required staple ..BEER... :D

Anyways ref Oman ...been/worked in the other ME ..Saudi-Dubai-Iraq-Bahrain..etc but never ther and only a few weeks ago met a femail student at our Burns night from there who convinced me it was worth a try...and she enjoyed our Whisky...so cant be bad..

PS... Excuse spelling ...Just out of Hospital...Got me old Cateracts .Done ..OUCH....look like a pirate... :D

2 hours 30 minutes stopover for me.

Maybe depends on the flight you book. Overall an hour longer than Etihad for Lon - BKK. Worth saving £100 + for an hour - pays for the train tickets (UK) and the fuel here to get home and have a few baht left over for a celebratory beer :)

Used them last year and i would say they are on a par with Etihad and Emirates,Muscat airport is ok small hence not to much walking about and it is not as busy as some of the other transit airports in the middle east.

No doubt they will win an award soon and put there prices up!!

I checked their (primitive) web-site recently, for a trip in May, but they seem a bit limited as-yet. Although there was a daily MCT-LHR (they switched from LGW) there were only 4 flights per-week from BKK to MCT.

The connection was 2-3 hours in MCT, both ways, but the flight out of BKK at 06.40 would mean a several-hours overnight-wait in BKK, for anyone coming from Phuket or CNX (as I do).

The price at B43,620 was also not-that-great, compared to as-little-as B28k with Qatar currently.

I suspect that they may well be worth looking at again, as their on-order new planes are delivered, and they get their act together. :)

Maybe depends on the flight you book. Overall an hour longer than Etihad for Lon - BKK. Worth saving £100 + for an hour - pays for the train tickets (UK) and the fuel here to get home and have a few baht left over for a celebratory beer :)

What's the arrival time in the UK, and is it a Heathrow flight?

I flew with them from Bangkok to Oman recently and thought they provided an excellent service, but have not thought about using them for Bangkok-London.

I was looking at Emirates (who are way too expensive) and Etihad, who I have used for a couple of years and would agree they seem to have pushed up their prices rather too quickly - much like Emirates did.

I flew with them from Bangkok to Oman recently and thought they provided an excellent service, but have not thought about using them for Bangkok-London.

I was looking at Emirates (who are way too expensive) and Etihad, who I have used for a couple of years and would agree they seem to have pushed up their prices rather too quickly - much like Emirates did.

Heathrow arrivals 17.40,that was my last one anyway!!

Heathrow arrivals 17.40,that was my last one anyway!!

Thanks. I will look into it.

Oman Air arrives a 10pm, which is a bit too late for me, given connections.

so, what can we say regarding the cost of travel between BKK and Muscat (no onward connection)?...does Oman Air offer the best price of the Gulf regional carriers (Gulf Air, Qatar, Emirates, Etihad)?...can anyone comment?

Oman Air probably have the only direct flights from BKK, one would presume...any itinerant engineers out there got any info?

17-40 hours arrival time for me. Enough time to get the tube and to Kings Cross for my train North that left at 20-00 hours.

The $480 price tag and the new Airbus was what made me change from Etihad.