Where Did You Meet You Wife?

ProfessorFart

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I met my wife in Paris whilst she was completing her doctorate at the Sorbonne.

That's the spirit.

I wanted to say I met my wife at a Novel Price Award Ceremony, this is how it feels.

I feel like I won the Novel Price.

And well, why does the Professor care about where we met our wife? :)

I met my wife on the street on Sukhumvit.

She was selling jeans, we got talking and went to a bar for a drink - 7 years later we're still together and have 2 beautiful kids.

I found out later that she had a deal with the bar owner to get money for the drinks she was bought!

And well, why does the Professor care about where we met our wife?

I thought it would be a romantic theme for St. Valentine's Day as I'm sort of back in tow with my long term other half now that she has forgiven me for missing our anniversary to play cricket.

Romance isn't a dirty word. Buttocks is though.

I'm pleased I was introduced to my beautiful wife... :) ..could have missed out bigtime!!!

Happy Valentines folks..... :D

P.S would post a picture....but wouldn't want you all thinking maybe you'd had to settle for second best. :D .

Edited by 473geo

Yet how can you attract a wife from a great family

What is a great family actually?

The one that cares about money or the one that cares about the family?

Great families are not in Bangkok but in Isaan or in the North or in the South.

But money is in Bangkok...

By great Family I mean the type of Family that can afford to send the daughter to go to an overseas University.

It's very expensive, unless she has government sponsorship.

That's all, I'll marry a girl I met in a bar probably, I don't have the attraction level for the wealthier class of Thailand society.

I would like to know the secrets from the members here, how did you get these women ?

As stated before, I will more than likely marry a Bargirl, because I am not wealthy enough for a rich girl to consider, and rightly so !

The majority of the people I know are happy, so I'll take my chances too.

Great photo by the way, what camera did you use ?

Good luck to all.

"Anyway, good luck to all, I know many here lie about the origins of their relationship, it's statistically obvious, but good luck to those too."

The people who are happy do not need to lie......

The people who have failed relationships......appear to blame this on the fact that their girl was from a bar.....

So statistically if what you are saying in your post is true, and all your friends and friends of friends are married to girls from bars, and around 90% seem to be working out fine.........then perhaps statistically we could apportion the for blame the failures on the husband??

This is my third relationship over here and hopefully the last and she is my wife now. I met her with friends and I knew her for over a year before we got together. Noting is for certain as far as GF/Wife. But stay away from the ones always asks for things (shopping, money, etc, no matter what is the reason) and absolutely No internet. They are the worse

Met online, she worked as admin in a condo office, where she started immediately after completing her business admin degree. I asked her to help me with setting up my business and deal with all the government paperwork. She got so busy with it, quit her job and didn't even ask me for a salary for a year until the company was setup and legally allowed to hire employees. We've now been together 4 years, she manages my 10-20 staff and workers, and combined we travel 200,000 miles a year going back and forth between Thailand and my home in Canada. Everything she owns I had to push her to buy (from clothes to car), she doesn't act hiso, and she's never earned a single baht from anything other than her job.

THis is my second relationship in Thailand. Fortunately I learned from the first one (who worked at a private hospital in Pattaya), that Thai girls get very homesick, and there is no point trying to fight it. Hence the flying back and forth my wife and I do now to keep a foot on two sides of the Pacific Ocean.

That's different, they were only drinking bottled water and asking directions to the cultural show

:)

" Excuse me. I wonder if you could direct me to the exhibition " A Philatelic Journey Through Siam 1888-1902"? Would I mind holding your balloon? Of course not...........BLOODY hel_l! That dart nearly had my eye out! " :D

Edited by mca

This is my third relationship over here and hopefully the last and she is my wife now. I met her with friends and I knew her for over a year before we got together. Noting is for certain as far as GF/Wife. But stay away from the ones always asks for things (shopping, money, etc, no matter what is the reason) and absolutely No internet. They are the worse

Internet wives the worse eh ........oh dear more generalisations, its probably one of the best ways to meet, you get a chance to chat and dismiss potential mates and them you easily and early on, you meet up later and see what happens. I never understand this "internet" worry. Nearly 4 years married now only problems are language "misunderstandings" and cultural differences and to cap it all we live 6000 miles apart for 7 months of each year. She has all access to bank accounts and takes care of our business, buys secondhand clothes off friends and saves like a trojan for ahouse for us , so please dont label all Thais using the internet as gold diggers. She's a lo so Issan wide nosed wife ok SO WHAT her Mum did a good job i raising her and I suspect many more are like this? Honest as the day's long and often appalled by other peoples (Thai) attitudes in Thailand always telling me "oh they are very bad why do they do this" etc does she have faults, sure, dont w e all.

Please GH ok I know, I know, but I read pages of stuff like this before I came out and going solely on that I would never have set foot in Thailand 5 years ago.

So to anyone out there using the internet keep your head screwed on and there wont be any problems.

Right on. I concur 100%

My first wife was a professor at the university I attended, she was a bit older than I.

The second was a farm girl who did not graduate from high school. She now has a garage larger than any home I have ever owned to house her five luxury automobiles and an adjoining mansion on an island in the Gulf of Mexico.

The third wife was a hospital administrator and part time stripper. I think she is still with the gardener, we did have a nice lawn though while the marriage lasted.

When I got to Thailand instead of getting married I just picked out a woman I didn’t like and gave her a house. So now I am pretty happy.

While still in Canada I met my first wife through my brother's girlfriend. Then, we got stranded together for a weekend when a mountain slide closed the highway behind us. We had to stay in the only hotel available and we got to know each other a whole lot more than I expected.

My second wife was the mother of my son's friend. Her son is the reason we got together and he was the reason why we parted. He turned into a druggy and destroyed our marriage. However, in her leaving she gave me back my freedom and I came to realize that I was a whole lot better off being single. That was 14 years ago and I've never looked back. There is no way anyone could convince me to get married for a third time. I'm having far too much fun being single.