Where Did You Meet You Wife?

ProfessorFart

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I'm the only one who met my wife (ex!) in a bar! It's true then that everyone here is married to Thai professionals...

Anyway, I've learnt my lesson - I hope. Met the first wife in a bar, got married, divorced a couple of years later. Met my current (fantastic, hardworking, honest, great cook, great...) girlfriend of three years through a friend who is married to her best friend. Both lovely girls from nearby towns, not tainted by the "bright lights" of Chiang Mai or Bangkok. Fantastic!

You know what they say... "You can take the girl out of the bar, but you can't take the bar out of the girl."

Simple solution - DON'T take the girl out of the bar... unless you're a miserable old fat bloke living on a meagre pension - in which case I guess you have no choice!!!

Wow, I'm the only one who met my wife (ex!) in a bar! It's true then that everyone here is married to Thai professionals...

Anyway, I've learnt my lesson - I hope. Met the first wife in a bar, got married, divorced a couple of years later. Met my current (fantastic, hardworking, honest, great cook, great...) girlfriend of three years through a friend who is married to her best friend. Both lovely girls from nearby towns, not tainted by the "bright lights" of Chiang Mai or Bangkok. Fantastic!

You know what they say... "You can take the girl out of the bar, but you can't take the bar out of the girl."

Simple solution - DON'T take the girl out of the bar... unless you're a miserable old fat bloke living on a meagre pension - in which case I guess you have no choice!!!

very true,leave the girls in the bar ,become friends and down the roard(when you know she is still married to a Isarn farmer,has 3 kids,speaks good english cooks good has all the tools in the normal place...THEN maybe you can ask her to live with you for a while.

in Indonesia a time marriage is possible,do the same thenn if things work out go further.

There is nothing wrong to met a girl in the bars,thats what they for in the first place,beside where do boy meet girl in our countrys,discos,bars etc.same of the same.

A girl works in a bar etc.doesnt mean necessarily she is BAD, circumstances lead to that or need (or greed)I am an OLD THAI Hand,came first 1978 to Pecker Whacker,exc.the pun and fell in love with my bodymassage lady,divorced her after 4 years of futile attempts to make it work,shes now in my home-country and I see her as friends.

I am a as you say (not fat) educated man,worked as seaman and the as oilfield thrash and could live in thailand or wherever,

married now with a lady of 36,with 2 teenage our (kids),send them to a private school in this small town,what do you think,I met her on the other side of a bar in Pattaya, and only married her after 3 years later when she was pregnant and only 20.

Dirty old man NO, went through 2 western marriages and the cleaners took the loot.

any comment,no pity here pls.

Why is it necessary to insult anyone else? It sounds like someone has a bad case of very low self esteem.

k2408330.jpg

When you took your first wife , where you guy as you mention in your post.

I know some farangs stay together with a ex-bar girl and live happy without any major problems, that you have this negative experience doens't mean that they all the same.

How many divorced taking placed in europe and how many woman ar ex-bar girls over there.

Edited by needforspeed

Met her in M.B.K. Bangkok she was sitting with two friends in the cake and coffee shop ,i had a buisness in the sukhumvit road ,i fancied her and pretended i didnt know where to buy copy dvds so asked if they spoke english ,she did a little ,to cut a long story short i asked her out and she said she would meet me at her sisters restaurant ,eventually her and her sister came to my office to check out my story .a year later we were married in Britain ,seems like yesterday not 16 years ago .

ps, nothing wrong with bar girls i have met some very nice and honest ones ,you dont have to be old and fat like that other idiot said (must have been your average holidaymaker who got stung)

I know some farangs stay together with a ex-bar girl and live happy without any major problems, that you have this negative experience doens't mean that they all the same.

I've often wondered the percentage of westerners living in LOS married to an ex-bar girl whose relationship is genuinely happy. Not where a foreigner is trying to convince himself that he's happy but a normal loving relationship with all it entails.

I know a guy whose wife was one of the " I've hit gold with this one mate."

When he went back to the UK after the death of his father to take care of matters she stayed here and stuck the house papers into the bank to pay off her gambling debts.

These tales are multiplied a thousand fold all over LOS.

Whether you met in a salon, school or concert, no matter what you say, most guys won't believe you unless

you say "a bar".

Personally I don't care where you met, if your happy then sound. If not, then do something about it.

Valentines day - my arse. :)

a mutual Thai friend hooked us up...i met her in the lobby of the Stable Lodge, Soi 8, BKK..she was a university graduate, part Chinese, from the south..from a good family.. dressed like a hi so but was very conservative in nature.. just like most of them eh?? 8 always was my lucky number

signed: believeitornot

Met mine across the street from my apt was a beauty salon & I needed my haircut . The boss was the real super hottie(but the master of manipulators you read about on TV. She asked if I would take Alisa out that she was lonely. We have been together over 6 years now. Glad I didn't hook up with her boss SUPER HIGH MAINTENANCE !

She was sitting outside a massage joint in Kata when my fellow 2004 Kings Cup volunteers and I sat down to finish a beer or three. I remarked that she needed a good meal as her jeans were falling past her hips...can't remember her response but it was a good one which shut me up..sat there for a while then left.

After Tsunami went back to check she was OK. She was not there but her younger sister was and I mistook her (she does have a twin but that weren't her...dugh)..got a massage and started rambling and wondered why she kept laughing..turned over onto my front and ten minutes later there was more giggling behind me and my current wife took over the massage.......5 years on she's more witty than ever and can never get one over on her......

Met mine across the street from my apt was a beauty salon & I needed my haircut . The boss was the real super hottie(but the master of manipulators you read about on TV. She asked if I would take Alisa out that she was lonely. We have been together over 6 years now. Glad I didn't hook up with her boss SUPER HIGH MAINTENANCE !

Your wife is a very lovely lady...really super nice.

At a bar in Suhkumvit, left side of the yellow line

Very funny,you beat me to it lol.

My friend wanted a relationship but not ex bar girl so he dated a caddie,and she divorced her husband to show him the divorce papers so she could go to uk with him,whilst the hubby awaited her fortune lol.Luckily he saw the light after 250,000 bahts worth of money/presents.

University students work freelancing,waitresses do the same,bank workers do the same,so this post is worthless