Where Did You Meet You Wife?

ProfessorFart

Wow, I'm the only one who met my wife (ex!) in a bar! It's true then that everyone here is married to Thai professionals...

Anyway, I've learnt my lesson - I hope. Met the first wife in a bar, got married, divorced a couple of years later. Met my current (fantastic, hardworking, honest, great cook, great...) girlfriend of three years through a friend who is married to her best friend. Both lovely girls from nearby towns, not tainted by the "bright lights" of Chiang Mai or Bangkok. Fantastic!

You know what they say... "You can take the girl out of the bar, but you can't take the bar out of the girl."

Simple solution - DON'T take the girl out of the bar... unless you're a miserable old fat bloke living on a meagre pension - in which case I guess you have no choice!!!

So true, met the first wife in a bar in Pattaya, divorced her after 6 years. Met the second wife on the internet, never worked bar good education. Our first baby due in October. Life has never been better.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

she was a university graduate, part Chinese, from the south..from a good family..

Classic

and just for good measure..here's another one.. giving you the classic peace sign on Valentine's day..her eyes give away her part chinese-ness..btw, some of the best wives are ex bar girls

signed: generalizing is "dangerous"

post-47603-1266116374_thumb.jpg

she was a university graduate, part Chinese, from the south..from a good family..

Classic

and just for good measure..here's another one.. giving you the classic peace sign on Valentine's day..her eyes give away her part chinese-ness..btw, some of the best wives are ex bar girls

signed: generalizing is "dangerous"

Your wife? Very Attractive sweet looking lady, well done there lad.

She was sitting outside a massage joint in Kata when my fellow 2004 Kings Cup volunteers and I sat down to finish a beer or three. I remarked that she needed a good meal as her jeans were falling past her hips...can't remember her response but it was a good one which shut me up..sat there for a while then left.

After Tsunami went back to check she was OK. She was not there but her younger sister was and I mistook her (she does have a twin but that weren't her...dugh)..got a massage and started rambling and wondered why she kept laughing..turned over onto my front and ten minutes later there was more giggling behind me and my current wife took over the massage.......5 years on she's more witty than ever and can never get one over on her......

That is too funny. I really like that. I can only imagine your surprise upon discovery. Great to ya and here's to the next 5 :)

This is my third relationship over here and hopefully the last and she is my wife now. I met her with friends and I knew her for over a year before we got together. Noting is for certain as far as GF/Wife. But stay away from the ones always asks for things (shopping, money, etc, no matter what is the reason) and absolutely No internet. They are the worse

I met my first wife in secon square while ordering food.. she turned out to be the wife from hel_l.. so not only bar girls are dangerous also secon square girls.

My second one i met online during a chat and chatted for months with her before i met her for real. Best girl ever, almost no problems. She was a student at the time from a normal family studying tourism.

Regardless of where you met your wife, only a fool would introduce her here on TV.

Threads/Posts by members discussing their wife always end in vitriol - especially if the guy is extolling her virtues.

Why ? I dont see the point its true there are a lot of idiots here who love burning people down. But come on most guys will say good things about their wifes else they are their ex.

Interesting...

I've met farang who have found wives from all manner of sources. The one unwritten rule in Thailand between male farang seems to be, "never ask where you met your wife". Some guys love to tell you like its a badge of honour. It is funny 'cos back home its one of the most polite questions with no hidden agenda.

Back home I've met girls that I've dated through:

School friends

Work

Dating sights

Pubs/bars/clubs

Race Circuit

Holidays

car dealership

Traffic Jam

Gallery

missdirrected Emails

recruiting

Speed dating

You'd think speed dating would have been popular in THailand. Loads of fun. Might have to give it a new name though...

Out here? No girlfriend. Both female good friends that I have I met through teaching. one colleague and one student.

Lots of virtuous guys and girls out there!

I live in a community where only 2 of the 34 odd Farang I know DID NOT connect with a bar girl. Most all have been long term and harmonious relationships. TW and I have been very happily married for > 9 years now. Met her in Soi Cowboy a few hours after my 1st arrival to Thailand on business and we have been an item ever since. Although we don’t get to Bangkok much lately we are still very good friends with her Mama Sang and the bar owner.

That honest enough for you? I've nothing to hide and very proud of TWs achievements over the years.

I live in a community where only 2 of the 34 odd Farang I know DID NOT connect with a bar girl. Most all have been long term and harmonious relationships. TW and I have been very happily married for > 9 years now. Met her in Soi Cowboy a few hours after my 1st arrival to Thailand on business and we have been an item ever since. Although we don’t get to Bangkok much lately we are still very good friends with her Mama Sang and the bar owner.

That honest enough for you? I've nothing to hide and very proud of TWs achievements over the years.

It is to be expected that only people with good experiences tell them. So i doubt its a good reprensation of the facts. Anyway i think bar girls can be wives the success rate is just lower as with "normal" girls. Like i said i met my first wife from hel_l in seacon square she was a normal girl but after 2 1/2 years in Holland with me and spending money like water she turned tricks and that was the point i said enough is enough and filed for divorce.

So it really depends on the girl, good girls can turn bad and bad girls can become good.

Wow, I'm the only one who met my wife (ex!) in a bar! It's true then that everyone here is married to Thai professionals...

Anyway, I've learnt my lesson - I hope. Met the first wife in a bar, got married, divorced a couple of years later. Met my current (fantastic, hardworking, honest, great cook, great...) girlfriend of three years through a friend who is married to her best friend. Both lovely girls from nearby towns, not tainted by the "bright lights" of Chiang Mai or Bangkok. Fantastic!

You know what they say... "You can take the girl out of the bar, but you can't take the bar out of the girl."

Simple solution - DON'T take the girl out of the bar... unless you're a miserable old fat bloke living on a meagre pension - in which case I guess you have no choice!!!

I'm a miserable old (not so fat) bloke on a meagre pension but I still don't take girls out of bars!!

I live in a community where only 2 of the 34 odd Farang I know DID NOT connect with a bar girl. Most all have been long term and harmonious relationships. TW and I have been very happily married for > 9 years now. Met her in Soi Cowboy a few hours after my 1st arrival to Thailand on business and we have been an item ever since. Although we don't get to Bangkok much lately we are still very good friends with her Mama Sang and the bar owner.

A bar girl is a personal choice I guess but not one I would make. I could not bring myself to be with a bargirl but I am sure that some can make a decent wife.

Regardless of where you met your wife, only a fool would introduce her here on TV.

Threads/Posts by members discussing their wife always end in vitriol - especially if the guy is extolling her virtues.

Predictable GH but not everyone is so concerned and my wife ceratinly isnt.

This is my third relationship over here and hopefully the last and she is my wife now. I met her with friends and I knew her for over a year before we got together. Noting is for certain as far as GF/Wife. But stay away from the ones always asks for things (shopping, money, etc, no matter what is the reason) and absolutely No internet. They are the worse

Internet wives the worse eh ........oh dear more generalisations, its probably one of the best ways to meet, you get a chance to chat and dismiss potential mates and them you easily and early on, you meet up later and see what happens. I never understand this "internet" worry. Nearly 4 years married now only problems are language "misunderstandings" and cultural differences and to cap it all we live 6000 miles apart for 7 months of each year. She has all access to bank accounts and takes care of our business, buys secondhand clothes off friends and saves like a trojan for ahouse for us , so please dont label all Thais using the internet as gold diggers. She's a lo so Issan wide nosed wife ok SO WHAT her Mum did a good job i raising her and I suspect many more are like this? Honest as the day's long and often appalled by other peoples (Thai) attitudes in Thailand always telling me "oh they are very bad why do they do this" etc does she have faults, sure, dont w e all.

Please GH ok I know, I know, but I read pages of stuff like this before I came out and going solely on that I would never have set foot in Thailand 5 years ago.

So to anyone out there using the internet keep your head screwed on and there wont be any problems.

post-66436-1266134994_thumb.jpg