Where Did You Meet You Wife?

ProfessorFart

And don't forget, just because she worked in a bar doesn't mean she was a b/g....

Similarly, just because you met her in a bar doesn't mean she was out to find a farang. There are lots of other reasons why she would be there.

Come on how old are you don't you know there are double standards.. one rule for men the other for woman. If a girl has many lovers she is a slut.. if a guy does the same thing he is a stud. :)

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And don't forget, just because she worked in a bar doesn't mean she was a b/g....

Similarly, just because you met her in a bar doesn't mean she was out to find a farang. There are lots of other reasons why she would be there.

Come on how old are you don't you know there are double standards.. one rule for men the other for woman. If a girl has many lovers she is a slut.. if a guy does the same thing he is a stud. :)

Double standards are something that would only be understood in the West. Similarly people living in the West wouldn't understand how someone working (or hanging out) in a bar could be a prostitute. Its just one of those things that are completely different here....

The first one came from A Gogo in Bangkok and my self i didn't came here to see the gulf of siam. Bar or not bar, what is here the difference. Education alone is not important, as some peaple "bought" their degrees. It's important that a girl or wife have common senses, see things, job, or can see things before it happens. To be smart is more important than education. I know university chicks who have mre lovers than a bargirl. Some of them have degrees and don't even know where is Montevideo or Quito. Some of them got degrees, to work as a cashier with a 6'000 Baht salary in a Big C. So what, i guess the one who work in the bar and save her money is more smart, unless she give all the the family or to her pi..... There are everywhere good or bad girls. It's not depend where you meet here and what she worked before. It also not important where they come from. To stay free of troubles is only one rule: KEEP THE FAMILY AWAY! Never visit them and never let them visit you. So no troubles comming up.

BTW, the second one, which i married (paper only, no buddha cermony) since 2 years, worked as a "Automecanic" or better say "Grease monkey". Never had one time a problem.

See now, my family is wonderful. We stayed at their house for a few months before the wedding and a month or two before leaving to come back to the US. Her mother cooks for me all the time, extended family is tight knit and everyone is respectful and kind. My mother in law, sister in law, brother in law, and niece all just visited my wife and I for Christmas here in the US. I didn't pay one dime, my father in law could not make it because his position doesn't give him enough time to be able to visit. He has been encouraging me to pursue my MS environmental sciences so he can secure a job for me in Thailand. So, don't say keep the family away, not all of them want farang money.

And no, not one word of sin sod was ever brought up.

I question the manner in which some of the posters express what can only be described as loath and detest over relationships that involves a female with a bright light background; not seldom referring to old clichés regarding the ability to take a girl out of the bar and vice versa. Frankly speaking, I am convinced that a similar rule could be applied to a majority of the customers of the girl mentioned above, disqualifying the male counterpart of any marital activities: a rule that would read something in the region of: “you can take any bar girl customer out of the bar, but the horny bastard remains a John”.

I am not pointing any fingers at anyone, if your call is to screw as many hookers as possible, then be my guest. But if you consider yourself Gods gift to women and plan to marry one day providing you find someone who doesn’t come with the bright light baggage, contemplate that you too have a bright light background, even though you may not have been at the receiving end of the cash flow.

I question the manner in which some of the posters express what can only be described as loath and detest over relationships that involves a female with a bright light background; not seldom referring to old clichés regarding the ability to take a girl out of the bar and vice versa. Frankly speaking, I am convinced that a similar rule could be applied to a majority of the customers of the girl mentioned above, disqualifying the male counterpart of any marital activities: a rule that would read something in the region of: "you can take any bar girl customer out of the bar, but the horny bastard remains a John".

I am not pointing any fingers at anyone, if your call is to screw as many hookers as possible, then be my guest. But if you consider yourself Gods gift to women and plan to marry one day providing you find someone who doesn't come with the bright light baggage, contemplate that you too have a bright light background, even though you may not have been at the receiving end of the cash flow.

Nahh sorry Forethat, you seem to operate off of the false premise that societal norms of morality are the exact same for men and women. And like it or not, they simply are not.

Frankly for a single man to buy time with a working girl is not nearly as morally reprehensible as a woman to devote her career to whoring her self out for money to whomever has some.

However if a man hits a woman, that to me, and most stand up men, is as bad for a man as being a whore is for a woman. Men don't hit women, period it's dead wrong anyway you slice it.

However if in a heated argument a girlfriend gives her boyfriend a slap, it's no big deal compared to him hitting her.

Gender roll and the social morality behind it isn't math, it doesn't add up equally to both sexes it just is what it is.

The question is, if you feel comfortable marring a working girl would you feel comfortable with your daughter marrying a man who has been known to beat women?

Edited by Huey

Nahh sorry Forethat, you seem to operate off of the false premise that societal norms of morality are the exact same for men and women. And like it or not, they simply are not.

Frankly for a single man to buy time with a working girl is not nearly as morally reprehensible as a woman to devote her career to whoring her self out for money to whomever has some.

You may be correct. And maybe a majority of the people in the Mediterranean and Arabic countries who's perception it is that screwing someone in the arse doesn't make you gay. Now I wouldn't know anything about that, but in my world, if you stick your dick in another mans hairy ass, you ARE gay.

No matter potential norms of morality, I have yet to meet the person in Europe who considers a whore shagging John nothing but a complete wanke_r. The fact that most of them in their home country run the risk of being thought of as the bigger loser compared to the average Thai whore surely can't be breaking news?

To be frank, I fail to see how morality could be a primary reason for a collapsed relationship? I know several marriages that involve girls with a BL background. I also know several that failed, but none of them did so because the girl's past behavior was morally inferior. I am not saying anything about the girl's intentions, and I am not mentioning potential weekly visits to distant massage parlors, there isn't a marriage in the world that will survive under those circumstances. What I am saying is that most such relationships comes with a certain amount of garbage in the package, and that in most cases the woman and the man contributes equally to the pile of shit that will haunt them forever if put on display.

Lets get this straight once and for all, if you buy services from a whore you ARE as equally trashy as the girl, regardless of any cultural support you may find in Thailand. The problem is admitting it.

Stick a TV camera under the nose of the average Nana visitor and ask them to state their name and business in the plaza, while at the same time tell them it will be on TV in their home country the same evening- THEN we would see a true display of morality.

And these guys are the same guys pointing fingers at others?

Ex GF1: Met in Khao Sarn Rd - In a Bar (She was a Bkk Uni Int'l Student - 2 years younger than I)

Ex GF2: Met Online (ICQ - She was AIA sales - 2 yrs Older than I)

EX GF3: Met in a Club (MOS - Interior Designer - 4 years younger than I)

Ex GF4: Friend of Ex GF 2 (Worked as Air traffic Control at BKK Don Muang - 1 year Older than I)

EX GF5: Met in a Bar when out with Friends, Overlapping friendship groups (Flight Attendant - 4 years younger than I)

EX GF6: Met in a Bar when out with Friends, (Flight Attendant - 3 years younger than I)

Wife: Met in a Club while celebrating a friends B'day (she is best friends with my friends wife - Owns and Runs her own company - 3 years younger than I)

A bar or a club is one of the more natural places to meet someone... It just depends what the bar is like and the type of girls / men who go there......

Edit: ages and what my GF's did for a career have been added as I feel that the age gap and what the lady does for a living represents that where we met was a place for similar age-socio-economic to socialize.

Edited by richard_smith237

wow, that sounds like the type of place that has western style coffee shops and maybe even a western brand coffee shop in the lobby. that is insanely impressive. i have heard of farang working in grade b and grade c office buildings but grade a! totally amazing! well done!
My wife worked in the same grade A office building as me, for a very large and well known Japanese trading firm.

... must not feed troll.. must not feed troll.. must not feed troll.. must not feed troll.. must not feed troll.. must not feed troll.. must not feed troll.. must not feed troll

I gotta catch a flight Forethat but I'll come back on that later. I will just say what you call opinion another calls fact. Social norms and morality is not math. Especially when it comes to gender rolls.

Oh and BTW, when I was grabbing girls in Pattaya and Nana I would have basked in the lime light should a camera had come along like you mentioned. I was single young and having fun. And as far as I was concerned I never paid them to stay, nope because anyone can have a normal girlfriend here. No, I was paying them to LEAVE afterwords and not stick around like any normal woman would in a regular relationship. Because I wasn't ready for marriage.

Nothing against em, just put things back were ya found them I say.

I gotta catch a flight Forethat but I'll come back on that later. I will just say what you call opinion another calls fact. Social norms and morality is not math. Especially when it comes to gender rolls.

Oh and BTW, when I was grabbing girls in Pattaya and Nana I would have basked in the lime light should a camera had come along like you mentioned. I was single young and having fun. And as far as I was concerned I never paid them to stay, nope because anyone can have a normal girlfriend here. No, I was paying them to LEAVE afterwords and not stick around like any normal woman would in a regular relationship. Because I wasn't ready for marriage.

Nothing against em, just put things back were ya found them I say.

Didn't Charlie Sheen say that ????

But more to the point - Were they having sex with you because they 'leally leally riked you makmak'... Or because you agreed before hand that you were going to 'Pay them to leave' ???

Then again, I know what you mean... back in my Uni days I had one nighter's with women and couldn't get rid of them quickly enough... I'd prefer to stay over at theirs so I could make a sharp exit. I think though, that if I'd have offered to pay them to leave in the morning I'd be singing soprano by now....