How Can I Survive In Bangkok For 2 Weeks W/ Limited Money?

FuninPlural

The 2k baht rooms will be found in any Thai area, for instance Krungthonburi, near to Wong wan Yai BTS station walk up Soi 1 Krungthonburi first Soi on the left 200m down and you will see a sign on a building advertising rooms from 1400bht/month, walk up Soi 1 another 200m and you will see a soi on your right adjacent to the 7-11 down 100m there are rooms for rent for the same money, keep in mind all these rooms are within a 10 minute walk of the BTS. If you walk around a Thai area and can read Thai you will see an absolute Jit Load of rooms for under 2000 bht a month. They are clean and basic, no air con, shared "bathroom" and most would be 20-30 Sq meters in size.

Thanks for that - I didn't realise there was any real cheapies within walking distance of the BTS or MRT. Are there ever any farang living in them? You ever lived in one?

Shared bathrooms? Christ that must be grim.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No I have not lived in one, they were pretty clean, I have not seen any Farang living in either of these two blocks, they are essentialy shop houses converted into units.

Yeh one of the blocks would only be a two minute walk to the BTS, as the crow flys it is under 150m from the station. If I was broke and could put a mobile air con or an in window type air con I could live in it. But they are very basic.

In the same Soi is Aiya Apartments, you can get a serviced room that is a 5 minute walk to the BTS for around 9000bht a month. Just to give you an idea.

Edited by rick75