Holiday In Uk & Spain

My Thai wife & I are planning to fly to the UK for a holiday & while there we want to pop over to Spain then return to the UK before flying back to Thailand.

1. Which visa should we apply for first?

2. Will the UK visa be multiple entry? (i.e. do we need to say that we will also be going to Spain when we apply for the UK visa?)

Thanks

Isn't that UK is one of EU country? If so I think it is only one visa for go around EU's. So you can get visa to Spain or UK (which one ever easier then apply there!) only one visa then, I hope that you can go to Spain by passing from UK without another visa. I think that is the way EU's means. :)

Isn't that UK is one of EU country? If so I think it is only one visa for go around EU's. So you can get visa to Spain or UK (which one ever easier then apply there!) only one visa then, I hope that you can go to Spain by passing from UK without another visa. I think that is the way EU's means. :)

No, that's not correct, The UK is part of the EU but is not in the Schengen area, the OP's wife will need two visas.

happydays, I would suggest that your wife applies for a UK Visa first and whilst they normally issue a multi entry visa it wouldn't do any harm for your wife to indicate that you will be doing a side trip to Spain and specifically say she wants a multi entry visa.

My experience has been that a Schengen Visa is almost a formality once a UK Visa has been granted though there are more requirements, such as details of the trip with accommodation and travel details as well as medical insurance.

I agree with theoldgit,s post ( great name theoldgit).

I (Brit) visited the UK last year with my wife (Thai) and you really must apply for the UK visa first. It was valid for 6 months and was multi entry.

I was going to go for the Shengan visa for a trip to Spain, you will best to have a return ticket to the UK plus, UK visa and proof of medical insurance for your trip,to show upon application for the Shengan visa at the Spanish consulate. This is best done in your country of residence, we were going to apply in Singapore and were told that if we were not resident there ( which we were) that she would need to apply in Bangkok.

We did,nt go for it in the end as I needed to spend time in Gibralter due to a business affair and looked into the possibilty of the wife going also.

Now that was complicated and in the end she did,nt visit Spain due to the very strict rules for her in entering Gib, which is sad as its really nice place.

Spain that is, not Gib. Gib is not a nice place.

Edited by soihok