Thai Passport Application

scottydel

I posted this elsewhere 14 December: hope it helps

Part 1:

Thai passport

Today went into Phuket Town, Phuket Provincial Hall, with gf to apply for her passport - here's how it went

12.22pm: in the door, greeted at reception counter, handed over her ID card, got height measured, then straight to a booth with a staff member and a single form which the staff member completed after asking relevant questions

12.32pm: thumbprint scanned and photo taken

a few minutes wait, then handed form to take to counter, paid 1035 baht fee

12.41pm walked out the door.

19 minutes!

The passport will, they said, be delivered within seven days.

Part 2:

and just a final note on the Thai passport - Friday 18th 2.30pm and the courier bike turns up with passport - that's 4 days and 2 hours since she applied (actually sounds better at "under 100 hours") - and it had come from Bkk.

Not bad at all.

I posted this elsewhere 14 December: hope it helps

Part 1:

Thai passport

Today went into Phuket Town, Phuket Provincial Hall, with gf to apply for her passport - here's how it went

12.22pm: in the door, greeted at reception counter, handed over her ID card, got height measured, then straight to a booth with a staff member and a single form which the staff member completed after asking relevant questions

12.32pm: thumbprint scanned and photo taken

a few minutes wait, then handed form to take to counter, paid 1035 baht fee

12.41pm walked out the door.

19 minutes!

The passport will, they said, be delivered within seven days.

Part 2:

and just a final note on the Thai passport - Friday 18th 2.30pm and the courier bike turns up with passport - that's 4 days and 2 hours since she applied (actually sounds better at "under 100 hours") - and it had come from Bkk.

Not bad at all.

That was exactly how it went several years ago when my two daughters applied for passports at the mobile passport office in Central. It has certainly improved over the years & having a permanent office in Phuket is another step in the right direction & it shows that government departments can work efficiently if they are willing to upgrade & change their processes.

That was exactly how it went several years ago when my two daughters applied for passports at the mobile passport office in Central. It has certainly improved over the years & having a permanent office in Phuket is another step in the right direction & it shows that government departments can work efficiently if they are willing to upgrade & change their processes.

there was one more thing, as her Thai ID card was a few years old, a dated pic - different hairstyle etc - they suggested she get a new one. We went to a building (? unsure of name) diagonally across the intersection from where we got the passport, took less than 15 min and a 45baht fee and walked away with a new one. So yes, some things can be done efficiently.

Couldn't help but compare with the time it took to change ownership when i bought a motorbike, hours!

Is the office near the courts and the Public Tennis court? My daughter needs hers renew'd

Thanks

The office is located on the first floor of Provincial Hall. Opening hours are 8.30am – 4.30pm, Monday to Friday.

For more information, call Phuket Passport Office on 076-222-080-1 or 076-222-083.

Fee for passport is 1,035 baht.

Map to Provincial Hall -but not a very good one!