Non O Visa : Single Or Multiple Entry?

I will soon apply for a Non O visa but not sure what's the best between single or multiple entry. I don't plan to travel to other countries, just to stay in Thailand, but you never know ...

What's sure is that after 2 months in Thailand I will aply for an extension based on marriage.

So :

- If I apply for a single entry visa, can I change it to a multiple entry when extending it or is that not possible ?

- On the application form, "duration of proposed stay" : I wrote 365 days. Is that ok ?

About the extension based on marriage :

- I will "save" 400K+ on a Thai bank account on my name 2 months before going to the immigration office for the extension. Can I spend that money the next day after my application or is it safer to wait that the extension is granted?

Oh and what are the required documents to apply for a Non O visa ? I guess just my passport and the form will do ? (I have a Belgian Passport)

Thanks a lot

Keep the bank account balance above 400K until the one-year extension is approved.

Once you have the extension of stay and you want to travel outside Thailand, get a re-entry permit from your local immigration office before you leave Thailand. This re-entry permit can be for a single entry (1,000 Baht) or for multiple, ie unlimited, entries (3,800 Baht) until the expiration of your permission to stay, depending on your needs.

--

Maestro

Keep the bank account balance above 400K until the one-year extension is approved.

How long does it takes for the extension to be approved ?

I will apply for a single entry visa then, that's the best to do then. Saves some money too.

And about the form I completed, is it ok that I wrote that the duration of my stay would be 1 year ?

Ok thank you guys. I'm likely to apply tomorrow for my first NON O visa so I'll write 90 days on the form. After the first 60 days I'll go to the immigration office and apply for an extension based on marriage.

I'll try to keep the 400K until the visa is approved and in my hands but I'm also planning on buying a car, so will see if it can wait or if I'll need to spend that money right after my application.

I still have a question about the single or multiple entry.

- Let's say I will not ask for an extension based on marriage but choose to do the border runs. Then I need a multiple entry, right? I guess it can be done with a single entry one + re-entry permit but that would be more paperwork and is best to do with a multiple entry one.

- Do I also need to write "90 days" on the application form for the multiple entry visa ? The 90 days are renewed each time I leave and re-enter the country, is that right?

A lot of questions but I'll like to have everything done the best I can and not have to re do it all again. Paperwork can be sometime a pain in the ass if the clerks are in a bad mood. ^^

It is one or the other - you can not make border runs for new 90 days without a multi entry visa. Re-entry permits are to keep your current permitted to stay alive - they do not add any time.

A multi entry visa only permits a 90 day stay so most people write 90 days on application form but write/tic/circle multi entry.

Ok thanks that's clear enough now. I'll write 90 days and apply for a single entry one and will extend it later on. Simple enough.

Do I need to go to the Bangkok Immigration office or is a local Immigration office good ? Don't know where that would be but will find that out.

Thanks again