Thai Govt To Spend Bt400m For Narcotics Suppression Operations

webfact

Narcotics Control Board approves Bt400 million for drug suppression operations

BANGKOK: -- The Narcotics Control Board Wednesday approved Bt400 million for speeding up drug suppression operations in Bangkok and four nearby provinces as well as 285 districtsd.

The board approved the budget following a meeting chaired by Deputy Prime Minister Suthep Thaugsuban, said Pol Lt Gen Krissana Phol-anant, secretary-general of the Office of the Narcotics Control Board.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-02-17

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

A few years back a friend of mine had her parties stocked with drugs she got from her police captain friend, that he lifted from stocks they had taken off the street... (thankfully she is out of that business now).

A few years back a friend of mine had her parties stocked with drugs she got from her police captain friend, that he lifted from stocks they had taken off the street... (thankfully she is out of that business now).

Yes a ferang recently busted here had his pot taken away and had to pay 60,000 Bhat. Who is selling it now?

Cops driving harleys.

You've got to laugh. As pointed out previously most of this money is going to finish up in someone's back pocket.

Early Songkran bonus, followed by a trip to the Mercedes showroom to pay cash for a nice shiny top of the range Merc, LOL......

Well drugs are the number one priority crime in Thailand, drug offences appear to be more important than rape or murder.

Appear is the key word. The police can probably get money from drug dealers to let them go, where as rape and murder more people become involved, families etc. who may see things thru the courts.

They are going to use the money to buy plastic drug detectors with long metal antennas to locate drugs.

Like the Bangkok Post says this morning those bomb dectectors they bought are not working, so they are using chopsticks to check gas tanks on motorbikes in the south, for bombs. So there is more than one use for chopsticks...What year is this oh yeah 2553, soon the chopsticks will be able to sniff out the drugs, but just certain types.

They are going to use the money to buy plastic drug detectors with long metal antennas to locate drugs.

Like the Bangkok Post says this morning those bomb dectectors they bought are not working, so they are using chopsticks to check gas tanks on motorbikes in the south, for bombs. So there is more than one use for chopsticks...What year is this oh yeah 2553, soon the chopsticks will be able to sniff out the drugs, but just certain types.

Most of the money is for rehab centres instead of jailing the users so they said today. Maybe I could go to one to share in the big money.

The Thai Police has many different branches and the level of corruption varies. The ONCB seems to be one of the less corruptible and they are quite serious in their efforts which often get frustrated by other police divisions.

Most of the money is for rehab centres instead of jailing the users so they said today. Maybe I could go to one to share in the big money.

Good its going on rehab rather than death squads like that opposition swine would prefer!

A thai mate of mine got court with sum weed of personal size recently; month in the nick straitened him right out. bullet in the brain somewhat over the top me thinks! .a few low level but know users i'd met "dissapeared" for good during Taksins drugs crack down, so i don't think i'm exagerrating; plus the statistics are there, 3000+ wasn't it. For this alone, nevermind the corruption, he deserves to be lock-up for life!