Karaoke Bars In Cm

braindead

Usually ends up around 2-4k per person depending on how many girls you want, if you want a private room, how long for, how many bottles of whiskey and if you go with Thai's or Farang. ALWAYS agree on the price before you start the partying and tell them if anything else is going to be added to the bill you want to sign the reciept first. That will stop random girls sneaking in the room ordering half the menu and you being charged an extra 5k

Also I would avoid the Karaoke next the the 7-11 on Chang Klan Road, at the top of Chiang Mai Land, as they seem to always try and rip you off and I've seen 12k tabs escalate into 27k tabs when you've not even ordered anything else :D Also a friend had his Motorbike stolen from outside there only to find one of the staff driving it the next day with a nice new key.

The Orchard Karaoke next to Samo Bar and the Galare Thong towers seems to be the most reasonably price one I've come across so far, but it's nothing fancy inside.

All in all they are worth visiting once or twice but if you really want the full experience try a G-club in BKK like Florence or The Bank. You won't be disappointed :)

Edited by ha55ha

I thought promotion of prostitution by the sicker members of society was against forum rules?

Where was prostitution mentioned? You only drink some whiskey and sing a few songs with the girls

this is correct and if this thread is to continue then there will not be any discussion of prostitution. When I lived in CM I went to a couple of these places with Thai friends and they were VERY expensive but fun nights out. I have also been out to one with a farung friend and it was just expensive.

Caveat empor

CB

I find karaoke with Thai friends of all kinds to be an almost guaranteed evening of good spirit. The places mention have always been curiosities to me (though they aren't on my particular radar screen). I've assumed they would at least be hugely expensive (which would seem to be confirmed) and that they do a lot of business from package tours and maybe Thai businessmen in town for meetings or such. Are they actually patronized by many farang?

I thought promotion of prostitution by the sicker members of society was against forum rules?

Where was prostitution mentioned? You only drink some whiskey and sing a few songs with the girls

you really think that most of us would believe that? :)

I find karaoke with Thai friends of all kinds to be an almost guaranteed evening of good spirit. The places mention have always been curiosities to me (though they aren't on my particular radar screen). I've assumed they would at least be hugely expensive (which would seem to be confirmed) and that they do a lot of business from package tours and maybe Thai businessmen in town for meetings or such. Are they actually patronized by many farang?

Other than our group of people I don't think I've ever seen other farangs inside. I've only been to 2-3 different places though. I think you are right that it is usually Thai/Asian businessmen that visit them.

Other than our group of people I don't think I've ever seen other farangs inside. I've only been to 2-3 different places though. I think you are right that it is usually Thai/Asian businessmen that visit them.

I can't sing and I don't drink whiskey. Should I bother going to one?

Usually ends up around 2-4k per person depending on how many girls you want, if you want a private room, how long for, how many bottles of whiskey and if you go with Thai's or Farang. ALWAYS agree on the price before you start the partying and tell them if anything else is going to be added to the bill you want to sign the reciept first. That will stop random girls sneaking in the room ordering half the menu and you being charged an extra 5k

Also I would avoid the Karaoke next the the 7-11 on Chang Klan Road, at the top of Chiang Mai Land, as they seem to always try and rip you off and I've seen 12k tabs escalate into 27k tabs when you've not even ordered anything else :D Also a friend had his Motorbike stolen from outside there only to find one of the staff driving it the next day with a nice new key.

The Orchard Karaoke next to Samo Bar and the Galare Thong towers seems to be the most reasonably price one I've come across so far, but it's nothing fancy inside.

All in all they are worth visiting once or twice but if you really want the full experience try a G-club in BKK like Florence or The Bank. You won't be disappointed :)

So you spend thousands of baht, if not tens of thousands, to drink with pretty women, all the while worrying about bill padding and having your bike stolen. I can think of better things to do with my time and money.

That explains why the karaoke ladies seem to spend all their time outside trying to flag down customers instead of inside with customers.

The sicker members of society are those that would pay 12,000 baht and more for only singing and off key at that. :)

charging anything less to listen to them sing would be a crime :D

Thailand used to be famous for it`s beautiful cute smiling little ladies that only had desires to settle down with a nice Farang guy and live happily every after.

These days all that's changed. Now it has become a case of, how much and what can they gain by smiling cutely at some poor love sick old Khun Gullible who is seeking a life long soul mate or perhaps just a bit of female company for a few hours.

Entertainments, social or courtship that involves females is going to cost you dear.

Worth thinking about, you guys that still believe Thailand is the place to find a bargain female companion, long term or short time, as those days have long past. Sad but true.

Edited by BigWheelMan

Thailand used to be famous for it`s beautiful cute smiling little ladies that only had desires to settle down with a nice Farang guy and live happily every after.

If Thailand was ever that kind of place I assume it changed quickly after the smiling ladies learned that the "I love you long time" farang were mostly short-timers.

If Thailand was ever that kind of place I assume it changed quickly after the smiling ladies learned that the "I love you long time" farang were mostly short-timers.

And again we veer into mentioning prostitution, short timers etc so this topic is now closed

Crow Boy

moderating team

Thai Visa