Belgian Fugitive "Mad Dog" Gang Member Arrested By Thai Immigration

webfact

"behavior problems related to addictive substances" .... I think I must know that guy!! LOL!

But seriously, rape, assult etc., glade their getting him out of this country.

Just your standard daily routine for the average Outlaw Bikie Member

I hope you are not thinking all the bikers in Thailand are like this! They are not and lot of us are doing a lot of charity over the country, you should know this. About this guy, for sure his behavior is having a bad impact for the rest of us farangs and also bikers.

Believe me, despite the jackets tattoos and so on, there is only a few clubs (I don't say gang!) with a bad reputation..

There is a difference between those that drive bikes and those that done vests with mother or affiliate/hangaround clubs logos and the rest of the package...the latter is known to have set up a nice racked of criminal activity here, even if they seem to be mostly focused on Phuket (since many of the members first traveled there for vacation and later bought houses). Are they all bad? No, but if you are a part of a criminal organisation, you aren't good either...

What a load of rubbish. Stop watching Oprah and get a life :)

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"behavior problems related to addictive substances" .... I think I must know that guy!! LOL!

But seriously, rape, assult etc., glade their getting him out of this country.

I do know this guy, and if all the undesirables were expelled from Thailand, Pattaya would be a wilderness,.

I wonder if this good work would continue. There are many other places that need such clean up. For instance Koh Samui. Good riddence of trash that taints the rest of us.

Koh Samui??????????????/ What are you talking about? :D

I don't know Koh Samui today, but i went there in 1995. So far as i rmember i saw only Back Packers and Druggies, Marinuana and Haschisch Peaple. Therefore i never traveled there again.

Well your loss I guess. Samui won't miass you, even as it has changed greatly.

Seem you have not, since yuou wouldn't recognize the places based on your very dated description.

You can find "Back Packers and Druggies, Marinuana and Haschisch Peaple"

within one lilometer of you in most ANY section of Thailand. Oh and that's hashish.

But curiously enough these canabis smoker people are actually MUCH mellower

and laid back than the pub drinkers. Few if any fights, or in your face arrogance issues.

Prejudice against back packers... my we are hi so, what pray tell is wrong with backpacks,

I own one, and there are times it is quite practical. Or maybe you are just prejudiced against

The Young, doing international travel on a shoe string budget,

and learning about the world and not just their home corner of it...

There are a few guys with bikes and some with colors and I don't see them causing trouble.

I dod see them doing charity runs and raising money for good causes.

But hey, can't be all good, eh? There must be something you can hate about

publicly active people on motorcycles.

As some one above said 99.1 percent are great guys,

maybe a little macho, but that's not criminal,

and only a small percentage are bad apples,

there are far more totally crooked business men in suits here than bikers.

Never trust a farang in a suit. He's here cos he f***d up at home. Once here, they take the "I'm holier than thou" position. Here, on Samui, the 7 Bike clubs have raised over 2,000,000 million Baht for local charities. So don't make judgements based on the cover of the book. I'd like to know how much these people who disapprove of bikers have raised for charity? Zilch. :)

I went to grad school with him.

Lots of pre-judgents here. The Mad Dog I knew was a lot of fun, but nothing dangerous. I never thought he'd lose his hair, but he doesn't look too bad.

I didn't know this guy, but I've known a couple of the other "gang" members, going back to before the split between the Pattaya and Bangkok branches. The guys I knew were kind of interesting people, but might have had some "substance abuse" problems. Actually, the gang did a lot of good for the orphanage in Bang Lamung, collecting funds for them each year. :)

I wonder if this good work would continue. There are many other places that need such clean up. For instance Koh Samui. Good riddence of trash that taints the rest of us.

It's unfortuate that by wearing a leather waistcoat with his 'club' name on the back he brings down people like the Jesters who raise millions for Thai charities each year.

Having said that just why do people have to wear these things? Why do they have to show 'they belong'? Are they that insecure? Don't they realise just how stupid they look especially when they are 60 plus? I stopped being a member of a gang when I was about 6 years old.

UPDATE

The visa cancellation was ordered due to his extensive criminal history despite the fact he is currently not wanted back in Belgium. He will be deported and has now been placed on Thailand's Immigration Black List which will not allow him to re-enter Thailand for the foreseeable future.

Criminals on the run, who think they can live anonymous in a place like Pattaya are real dumb! Sooner or later a countyrman on holiday, gonna recognize them.

He is not on the run. It says in the last news post he is "currently not wanted" in Belgium. So are they going to be running criminal checks on every farang in the kingdom and deporting them for having a history? I doubt it. What's the real story here? I think the coppers just don't like the fact that some farangs are organizing themselves into groups which might prove difficult to harass.

It looks as if the Royal Belgian Consulate in Bangkok has been taking the easy way out: instead of formally asking the extradition of the guy, they probably cancelled his passport, reported this to Immigration and asked Immigration to do the same with his visa.

Warning

This topic is not about a certain nationality nor EUROPE, USA, CANADA, ASIA, RUSSIA; CHINA, AFRICA, AUSTRALIA .............

Back on topic, stay on that topic or take the risk to have your posts deleted or being suspended.

Thx

Finally there's something worth reading here. Seems like the bigger part of the commentators forget the topic after reading 5 posts.

On my behalf : it's good they arrested this guy. The Belgian gouvernment has been working together now for a few years to get all those fleeing

criminals and it seems to pay off well. More countries should be doing it this way.

One problem though : the Belgians don't have a sufficient courtsystem, don't have enough prisons (btw thank you holland for renting a prison to Belgium --> yes, yes, your reading it good), and police are prosecuted for firing at criminals.

All countries should take responsability and take care of there criminals instead of infesting others. :)

BTW : i've just read some other parts of this topic and as i didn't see the following update : "The visa cancellation was ordered due to his extensive criminal history despite the fact he is currently not wanted back in Belgium. He will be deported and has now been placed on Thailand’s Immigration Black List which will not allow him to re-enter Thailand for the foreseeable future."

I hereby appologize for being too prejudice.

It is not a joke that Belgium rents (for good money) a prison (one) in the Netherlands.

The joke is that in the Netherlands the prisons are nearly empty because the secretary of state lets most criminals go.

Edited by cdnvic
removed irrelevent comment about an official's race

Way to "hide out" -- strut around in a biker vest with the letters MAD DOG on the back. On a Harley Davidson, a ridiculous bike.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

whoa up their buddy.. what's this ridiculous bike stuff? Harley Davidson is probably the most respected motorcycle in the WORLD. Just because you can't afford one and ride a rice rocket instead, don't be knocking Harley's. :)

Koh Samui??????????????/ What are you talking about? :D

I don't know Koh Samui today, but i went there in 1995. So far as i rmember i saw only Back Packers and Druggies, Marinuana and Haschisch Peaple. Therefore i never traveled there again.

that sounds pretty much like Bangkok also. So I guess you don't travel to Bangkok again either? :)

.....had his visa evoked?

Revoked - how can you evoke a visa? - poor journalism from the Pattaya Daily News.

I thought the same thing, and no, I am no "grammar Nazi", but to use "evoked" 3 times is embarrassing journalism to say the least.

At first I needed some time to really grasp what was meant.

Criminals on the run, who think they can live anonymous in a place like Pattaya are real dumb! Sooner or later a countyrman on holiday, gonna recognize them.

So would that be another criminal from the same country or a criminal from another country? I am no criminal but I don't think I would be spotting criminals on my day off. :)

Between the times of 1985 and 2008, Mr. Verdickt has been charged with possession and selling of illegal firearms, manufacturing, possession and sales of addictive substances, burglary and assault, rape and fake ID.

So in 23 years the Belgian Police has only been able to charge this mr. Verdickt with all these crimes, but he has never been jailed, and now they arrest him in Thailand after his Visa has been revoked.

Says something about the capability of the Belgian Police as well, I would say.

What a bunch of dumb-asses.

What also bothers me though is the fact that the newspaper highlights the fact that this man is a member of Mad Dog MC.

What does that, in this case, have to do with anything ??

It is absolutely irrelevant and unnecessary info.

So he rides a bike and is a brother in, according to me, one of the better MC's in Asia, so f..king what ?

You never read anything like: Mr. Jones a member of football-club the blue ball from Manchester has been arrested on charges of rape, assault etc.

Why is it that when a biker gets arrested it must be mentioned that we is a member of a biker club.

Ridiculous !!

unfortunately the Thai police or immigration is not that stupid anymore, so it will be more difficult in the future for ppl hiding here.

sorry guys, but I never understood WHY every grandpa who is riding a Harley thinks he is a real Biker now? Just because an over

60y,o. with a 20 y.o, TGF can afford to buy a HD doesnt make him a really Biker like Mr. Verdickt sure is. ThaiImmi doesnt want

these so called ""CLUBS" because some of them are deeply involved in organized crime...got it``?

its a bit too much atm if I see faked vests from Born to be Wild, Hells Angels etc. most of the guys wearing it will get imidiate problems

when a real member of one of these clubs sees it.

btw. I dont judge people after their look (exept they wear suits and have long noses :) ) but Mr. Verdickt doesnt look like a newborn, sry.

It looks as if the Royal Belgian Consulate in Bangkok has been taking the easy way out: instead of formally asking the extradition of the guy, they probably cancelled his passport, reported this to Immigration and asked Immigration to do the same with his visa.

Why would they do this - did you even read the reason why his visa was revoked ?

.....had his visa evoked?

Revoked - how can you evoke a visa? - poor journalism from the Pattaya Daily News.

I thought the same thing, and no, I am no "grammar Nazi", but to use "evoked" 3 times is embarrassing journalism to say the least.

At first I needed some time to really grasp what was meant.

So he missed the 'R' in revoked, it's not an earth shattering typo...

Koh Samui??????????????/ What are you talking about? :)

A lot of people bought government land on Samui with fake chanotes made up by the land registry office who where threatened or bribed by a gang of ferang gangsters to draw them up. Samui's no cleaner than anywhere else.

You have no idea what you are talking about. "A gang of ferang gangsters"? Good grief! You really should stop believing what you read in the gutter press.

It's unfortuate that by wearing a leather waistcoat with his 'club' name on the back he brings down people like the Jesters who raise millions for Thai charities each year.

Having said that just why do people have to wear these things? Why do they have to show 'they belong'? Are they that insecure? Don't they realise just how stupid they look especially when they are 60 plus? I stopped being a member of a gang when I was about 6 years old.

So I think you never understood! You missed a lot since you are 6 years old....Don't speak also about "gangs", did you see the letters in the back? They are MC for motoclub not GA or GG for gang. Do what you want but let the others do what they want and don't say we are stupid. In this case, do you speak with the captain of the plane for coming to Thailand or visit back your own country he is stupid? Do you speak to the millions of Thai workers working in factories they are stupid wearing their uniforms? Believe me, as I manage factories in Thailand for years, they are proud to wear their uniforms from the companies they are working for and if you don't provide, they claim for it. I am fed up to read comments like this and the judgments some peoples with a short view can have. If you don't like it's not a problem, it's your right but don't say the ones they like are ridiculous otherwise I can say you are so ridiculous when I will see you wearing a short pant and slippers! :):D:D

So I think you never understood! You missed a lot since you are 6 years old....Don't speak also about "gangs", did you see the letters in the back? They are MC for motoclub not GA or GG for gang. Do what you want but let the others do what they want and don't say we are stupid. In this case, do you speak with the captain of the plane for coming to Thailand or visit back your own country he is stupid? Do you speak to the millions of Thai workers working in factories they are stupid wearing their uniforms? Believe me, as I manage factories in Thailand for years, they are proud to wear their uniforms from the companies they are working for and if you don't provide, they claim for it. I am fed up to read comments like this and the judgments some peoples with a short view can have. If you don't like it's not a problem, it's your right but don't say the ones they like are ridiculous otherwise I can say you are so ridiculous when I will see you wearing a short pant and slippers! :):D:D

Well said. I agree 100%. I'm proud to wear my colours and proud of the amount of money my club has raised for local charities.

Edited by screamingeagle

A lot of people bought government land on Samui with fake chanotes made up by the land registry office who where threatened or bribed by a gang of ferang gangsters to draw them up. Samui's no cleaner than anywhere else.

You have no idea what you are talking about. "A gang of ferang gangsters"? Good grief! You really should stop believing what you read in the gutter press.

Why are here so many guys Anti- bikers? Let me guess:

1. They don’t know what freedom is.

2. They don’t have enough cash to buy one.

3. Their brain is less developed.

4. They don’t know the difference between Gang and fun.

5. They hate people with nice bikes and pretty girls, because they’re so ugly.

End. P.S. Greetings from Sisaket Riders..................

post-39518-1266554268_thumb.jpg

5. They hate people with nice bikes and pretty girls, because they’re so ugly. cheesy.gif

sorry, but its ridiculous for an over 60 year old BIKER here, to think a 20 y.o. Thaigirl LOVES him just because he is sooooo cooooool, and btw, there are gangs and GANGs. Nobody concerns about some 60y.old mates which fullfilling their dreams they could not realize when they were young, and riding together, but an old guy about 60-70 who suddenly let his last hairs and beard grow and full-tatooing his body is just comical :)

1. They don't know what freedom is.

2. They don't have enough cash to buy one.

4. They don't know the difference between Gang and fun.

5. They hate people with nice bikes and pretty girls, because they're so ugly.

Well said, brother!

Greetings from Predadores MC

post-48542-1266556397_thumb.jpg

5. They hate people with nice bikes and pretty girls, because they’re so ugly. cheesy.gif

sorry, but its ridiculous for an over 60 year old BIKER here, to think a 20 y.o. Thaigirl LOVES him just because he is sooooo cooooool, and btw, there are gangs and GANGs. Nobody concerns about some 60y.old mates which fullfilling their dreams they could not realize when they were young, and riding together, but an old guy about 60-70 who suddenly let his last hairs and beard grow and full-tatooing his body is just comical :)

We obviously have an expert on the demograghics of bike ownershp in Thaialnd, here. Jolly good. I wonder how many 60-70 year old bikers he's surveyed. :D . Must be hundreds, all with tattoos and 20 year old thai girlfriends. :D

I used to know a traffic policeman who broke down road traffic into ; pedal-bicycle riders, car & van-drivers, bus-drivers, HGV-drivers, and organ-donors.

The local Hells Angel's bar in my home town was the first bar to have wheelchair access.

Edited by ovaltina

We obviously have an expert on the demograghics of bike ownershp in Thaialnd, here. Jolly good. I wonder how many 60-70 year old bikers he's surveyed. :D . Must be hundreds, all with tattoos and 20 year old thai girlfriends. :)

maybe not hundreds but there are "some" around here in Phuket. There is bike week soon, may be we met for a beer and I show you what i am talking about :D

btw, I have nothing agains real bikers with a real point of view

regards from HKT

sry kids, if you read this. PLEASE dont drink BEER,