The Best Buffet ?

cwldanny

I did a run on all the big hotel buffets in the last 6 months. All of the places noted on this thread.

Here is a real quick run down

Hyatt, dark eating area, terrible food (dry old food) Sunday Night sea food special buffet

Four seasons, Sunday Brunch, nice place, nice food, ok all in booze not much else.

Land Mark, Valentines day special buffet, Good service, bad food on par with the Hyatt (paid with local credit card meant super cheap compared to the others)

Sheraton Grand, Sunday Jazz Brunch, Good food, good service, good booze all in fantastic deserts.

I have been to many others but these where the ones that stuck out in my mind. Sheraton seems to win for me, in fact I am going tonight.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stayed at the Ambassador a few different times a few years back, during my tourist days... Nothing special as a hotel, but decent, convenient location and sometimes reasonable prices back in those days...

Used to go down for their breakfast buffet, which was hardly upscale, but had a decent, varied assortment of so-so foods... Then one time I went over to the separate small hot coffee/tea table, and found multiple cockroaches crawling all over it...

I think that was the last time I ate breakfast at the Ambassador, or stayed there for that matter... :)

I doubt it is the best but the Ambassador Hotel is a decent buffet - particularly breakfast. Sukhumvit Soi 11

I stayed at the Ambassador a few different times a few years back, during my tourist days... Nothing special as a hotel, but decent, convenient location and sometimes reasonable prices back in those days...

Used to go down for their breakfast buffet, which was hardly upscale, but had a decent, varied assortment of so-so foods... Then one time I went over to the separate small hot coffee/tea table, and found multiple cockroaches crawling all over it...

I think that was the last time I ate breakfast at the Ambassador, or stayed there for that matter... :)

I doubt it is the best but the Ambassador Hotel is a decent buffet - particularly breakfast. Sukhumvit Soi 11

Weird. I live right by there and go in there all the time and have never seen anything like that. Though it is a pretty old hotel and this is Thailand so I can imagine they might have some pest control issues.

Still for Thailand it isn't a bad buffet imo - might just be because I can walk to it in under five minutes :D

Weird. I live right by there and go in there all the time and have never seen anything like that. Though it is a pretty old hotel and this is Thailand so I can imagine they might have some pest control issues.

Still for Thailand it isn't a bad buffet imo - might just be because I can walk to it in under five minutes :D

I agree with jfc on this hotel. The breakfast was of poor quality and very noisy and dirty eating area. The hotel is poor for its price range. Stayed once never again......

By comparison, the coffee shop/cafe at the Taipan Hotel about 5 mins away located between Asoke Road and Soi 21.... just up the street from Soi Cowboy and the Asoke BTS Station... serves pretty darned good lunch and breakfast buffets for under 200 baht all in.

I've had the lunch buffet there several times, and it ranks as one of my best "deals" in Bangkok... The service is always friendly and polite... they often have live music such as a piano at lunch time, and the lunch offerings include a fresh Thai yum talay bar, a table for pre-prepared sushi rolls and cut fish, usually a half dozen or so hot entrees both Asian and western style, cookers of white and brown rice, fresh fruit, Thai deserts and regular cakes, and so on....

I've yet to wake up in time to have the similarly priced breakfast buffet there, but if it's anything close to their lunch, it should be good.

Likewise, the cafe at the Grand President Hotel just down the street from the Ambassador on Soi 11 has a Monday-Friday lunch buffet for 224 baht all in. The offerings there are very high quality, easily matching or exceeding what many restaurants serve as individual entrees. The chef at the hotel is first-rate. Again, probably a half dozen hot entrees, usually including a different choice among most of the major groups (fish, pork, chicken, beef), typically a Thai salad and a western salad, a couple of Indian food items, usually a main entree and a vegetable or dal choice, a fresh pasta bar where the staff will prepare and cook to your order, hot soup, breads, a desert table with Thai sweets, regular cakes and an ice cream or sherbet choice...

I've never stayed at either hotel as a guest... But their lunch buffets are both favorites of mine at great prices. And the breakfast at the Taipan is on my list to try...if I can wake up in time someday! :)

I highly Recommend The:

All u can eat Sizzler salad bar buffet>

For 149 baht, all in, you can gorge yourself until flatulent on a selection of lettuces, croutons, soups, pasta, carbs, little baby chicken eggs, bacon bits, green peas, baby corns, dressing, virgin olive oil, fruits, salt and pepper and yogurt and celery and beets. Beverages are extra and the service is great. Highly Recommended (4 out of 5 stars)

• 1 month later...

Just a quick update, tried the Dinner buffet at the Landmark last week, found it so-so only. Looking for a nice place to have lunch maybe sometime this week, will probably call up and check the prices for buffet lunch at either the Shangri la or Sheratown down-town. Any experience with the weekday lunch buffets there?

• 3 weeks later...
Just a quick update, tried the Dinner buffet at the Landmark last week, found it so-so only. Looking for a nice place to have lunch maybe sometime this week, will probably call up and check the prices for buffet lunch at either the Shangri la or Sheratown down-town. Any experience with the weekday lunch buffets there?

And I find out that there is a 50% discount off during this period XD

Just went back to Novotel Siam "The Square" buffet for dinner a couple of days ago. Traffic was great since everyone is avoiding the area. The total bill came to about 1900 baht including water, the spread was great for the price. (Bill was 3800 with 50% discount, got to make the best of this political turmoil eh?)

This place has definitely got to be one of the better buffet deals in town.

Unluckily Next2 at Shangrila and Flow and Millenium Hilton only offer 15% discounts for certain credit cards. But I will be going to Flow next week if everything goes as planned!

Just went back to Novotel Siam "The Square" buffet for dinner a couple of days ago. Traffic was great since everyone is avoiding the area. The total bill came to about 1900 baht including water, the spread was great for the price. (Bill was 3800 with 50% discount, got to make the best of this political turmoil eh?)

Unluckily Next2 at Shangrila and Flow and Millenium Hilton only offer 15% discounts for certain credit cards. But I will be going to Flow next week if everything goes as planned!

Is that 1900 Baht each without alcohol? Seems a bit steep to me . What do they serve?

Have you tried the 119Baht buffet in Ngam Wong Wan Mall. It's on the ground floor not far from McDonalds. Good Thai food, not a huge choice but adequate. we have eaten there several times recently.

Very popular with the locals and very busy at lunchtimes.

1900 for four people without alcohol, around 480 baht each

Good to see somebody hasn't lost his appetite these days. That sounds like a real problem you have there. Enjoy the buffet - I hope the protests, unrest and bloodshed on the streets of Bangkok don't disturb you pigging it out at the buffet bar. Do try to stuff some more food into your fat gut...

Seriously, get a life!

Seriously? I'm sure we all should stop going out to eat, shop and even take showers for that matter due to the protests.

Some of us want to continue living normal lives and not get thrown into the political mess.

Please crawl back under the bridge you came from.

The Taipan buffet is quite good even though its price has gone up a bit to about 250 baht. (Located on Sukhumvit 23 about a block past Soi Cowboy on left hand sign--very small sign!) The atmosphere is the best thing about the place--fairly intimate with a piano player during the lunch buffet. I've had the breakfast buffet, which was nicely done but not anything special. Its been awhile so it might be worth a repeat visit.(Right now, Taipan has closed its lunch buffet til the end of the month.) Thanks for the tip regarding the Grand President--having Indian entrees is a definite plus!

By comparison, the coffee shop/cafe at the Taipan Hotel about 5 mins away located between Asoke Road and Soi 21.... just up the street from Soi Cowboy and the Asoke BTS Station... serves pretty darned good lunch and breakfast buffets for under 200 baht all in.

I've had the lunch buffet there several times, and it ranks as one of my best "deals" in Bangkok... The service is always friendly and polite... they often have live music such as a piano at lunch time, and the lunch offerings include a fresh Thai yum talay bar, a table for pre-prepared sushi rolls and cut fish, usually a half dozen or so hot entrees both Asian and western style, cookers of white and brown rice, fresh fruit, Thai deserts and regular cakes, and so on....

I've yet to wake up in time to have the similarly priced breakfast buffet there, but if it's anything close to their lunch, it should be good.

:)

Edited by mauiguy90

Good to see somebody hasn't lost his appetite these days. That sounds like a real problem you have there. Enjoy the buffet - I hope the protests, unrest and bloodshed on the streets of Bangkok don't disturb you pigging it out at the buffet bar. Do try to stuff some more food into your fat gut...

Seriously, get a life!

Don't bag out on this guy. He's contributing to the economy and people's employment. Nothing wrong with that!

If you like Indian food then the buffet at the Rembrandt Hotel on Sukhumvit soi 18 is outstanding.

I take it you're referring to the Sunday 800 Baht including unlimited cheap vino?

Or are they now doing this all week?

Anyway its a great buffet for sure!

If you like Indian food then the buffet at the Rembrandt Hotel on Sukhumvit soi 18 is outstanding.

I take it you're referring to the Sunday 800 Baht including unlimited cheap vino?

Yes, I should have been more specific. It is only on Sunday, 11:00 to 2:30, Price B 850 Net

Yes, I should have been more specific. It is only on Sunday, 11:00 to 2:30, Price B 850 Net

Vino ? i went there 16 months ago i did not remember they have wine, is it new ? nice buffet for sunday

One of the benefits of going to the US Embassy's meeting the other day was finding out that JW Marriot has a 2 for 1 buffet special if you have an American Express Card. Regular price for the lunch buffet was 900+ baht. Don't know if its the best buffet but its a great price.

One of the benefits of going to the US Embassy's meeting the other day was finding out that JW Marriot has a 2 for 1 buffet special if you have an American Express Card. Regular price for the lunch buffet was 900+ baht. Don't know if its the best buffet but its a great price.

Is that for a maximum of two diners? or is it a straight out 50% discount? Thanks for the info!

Cant wait to try out the indian buffet too, i have a weakness for chicken masala.

Vino ? i went there 16 months ago i did not remember they have wine, is it new ? nice buffet for sunday

They tend not to advertise the fact but yeah the wine is included in the price. (Or was a few months ago at least)