What Will Irish Pubs Do Without Any Guinness?

Changian

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I today had to endure a drunk british expat (teacher, to boot) during a several hour bus-ride I am all for changes that make more of his ilk go home... :whistling:

Edited by TAWP

GUINNESS is back in Thailand, :D i just received 2 kegs today . it is now brewed and exported from Dublin. i was so looking forward to a pint today, but have discovered the connector is the wrong one,:( so have to wait 2/3 days for the right one to come down from Bangkok:)

Happy Days................

According to Fergal Murray, the head brew master of Guinness, *all* draught is brewed in Dublin. The Malaysian version may be in a different container, but it's still from the same source.

I asked him why people claim it tastes different in other parts of the world and he says "It's the pour" which I don't really believe. I suspect it's more likely the time spent in non-ideal storage conditions.

I find that hard to fathom. If all draught comes from Ireland why was the cost lower for the Malaysian import? If that had come from Ireland, it would need to be shipped twice. Ireland-Malaysia-Thailand. The Irish sourced stuff is now more expensive, presumably coming directly from Ireland.

From their site

GUINNESS® is GUINNESS® - wherever you are. We always use pure, fresh water from natural local sources for the GUINNESS® stout brewed outside Ireland. That said, in blind tests (with a bunch of highly cynical journalists) none of our sample could tell the difference between Irish-brewed GUINNESS® and the locally produced variety. All the GUINNESS® sold in the UK, Ireland and North America is brewed in Ireland at the historic St. James's Gate Brewery in Dublin.