What Will Irish Pubs Do Without Any Guinness?

Changian

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recall reading that all guiness is no longer made under licence in other countries but is made in Ireland only and exported.

Brigante7.

You recall mostly correctly. It's Guinness Draught that is only brewed in Ireland. I got this directly from Fergal Murray last November in Dublin.

I asked him why Guinness is claimed to taste different abroad. He said it was how they pour it (he was promoting "Pour your own pint" pubs in Dublin), but suspect the travel conditions cause the beer to change taste.

Dave.

FYI, draft Guinness is no longer available at the noodle shop near the United gates in Narita terminal 1. It's been replaced by a locally brewed 'creamy top' stout. Yecchhhh!!!

Most countries in the world have grasped how to brew beer except Thailand so making a stout would be well behond their means :D

Don't understand how the can say prices are artificially low, 200 baht a pint is hardly cheap :)

• 4 weeks later...

Spot on.

Recently, I have had the same experience at two pubs in BKK.

If the pubs really are running out, isn't the Guinness they are selling now starting to get stale? It may be my imagination but the Guinness I have been getting here doesn't quite taste 100 percent to me lately.

First of all -----> :D ......

....and secondly U wouldn't drink Horse Piss, wouldn't u? So nobody needs Guinness. Baaaahhhhh..... :D

Get a nice cold Draft German Beer with a nice Head! :D :D

Aaaaaaa.... Brits... :D

Guinness is from Ireland :D

Aaaaaaaa.....Europeans :)

Don't worry chaps, O'Reillys in Silom has loads of Guinness and will not be running out for a long while.

A) That's a good thing? (because it tastes like crap)

:) That's a good thing (Because it is hardly fresh anymore and would taste even more crap)

Good news. Looks like Heineken will take over distribution of Guinness in Thailand.

Correct. But they are the ones who have run into problems sorting out the distribution rights. If/when it gets sorted out (up to 6 months) the Guinness will come from UK/Ireland and not Malaysia - with of course increased costs that will be passed onto Joe Public!!

Fluid Asia are apparently trying to come up with an alternative stout that should be available shortly.

Cheers

Who cares? :)

If you are going to try and be funny, then at least get your facts right. :D

You failed to see the humour, obviously.

I can see drinking Guiness, though it does taste awful, when it is cold . . . but in SEAsia? (And don't use the aircon ruse)

Speaking of beer, well, kind of . . . here's a Carlton Draught ad that was pulled http://www.smh.com.au/business/man-plums-b...tml?autostart=1

Edited by Sing_Sling

Who cares? :)

If you are going to try and be funny, then at least get your facts right. :D

...Again, Who Cares??? I called the forgotten Island of the Europeans!

Guinness, Fish and Chips and England Movies from the 80s. all over the country!

simpsons_nelson_haha21262115175.jpg

Booooooooooring!!!

:D

• 3 months later...

AAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!

After two months in India without Guinness and coming home next week you spring this on me!!!

BAAAWL :):D :D

Hopefully stocks will last until I get home for at least a few :D

GUINNESS is back in Thailand, :D i just received 2 kegs today . it is now brewed and exported from Dublin. i was so looking forward to a pint today, but have discovered the connector is the wrong one,:( so have to wait 2/3 days for the right one to come down from Bangkok:)

Happy Days................

I heard of someone getting Guinness in Jomtien this week for 170 Baht a pint.

Not the Malaysian version either.

I fail to see why morons like lammbock bother to post on a subject they clearly have no interest in, or worthwhile contribution to make.