Family's Fears For Thai Coma Scot

webfact

Scots engineer makes amazing recovery from brain bug which left him in coma

A SCOTS engineer said to have weeks to live has stunned doctors by making a recovery - helped by his Thai partner.

Allan Hyne, 64, is to be discharged from a hospital in Thailand having got over a brain bug, which left him in a coma.

Last week his family, from Buckie, Banffshire, claimed they would have to leave him to die in Thailand because they could not afford to fly him home.

But the Thai woman who helped nurse him has now told of her love for "the funny Scottish man" who has been her companion for seven years - and how he got better.

Patchararawadee Oogrit pledged: "I'll stick by him to the end, wherever that may be."

The engineer said Allan was suffering from Japanese encephalitis but the worst is now over. She added: "When he got sick, I cried every day but the doctor said maybe Allan will have good luck and recover.

"I look after him every day so I know he's getting better. Sometimes he smiles and I know he understands.

"He always told me he wanted to retire and live in Thailand."

continued .. http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish...86908-22075293/

Edited by churchill

Cynical I maybe but there is an old English saying that concerns death.

'' Where there's a will there are relatives.''

Perhaps the caring daughter and family members were a trifle worried concerning a possible inheritance and its final destination.

Edited by siampolee