3bb 10mbit

msto1004

Inside Thailand/outside Thailand - nobody cares where the server stands. Did you ever check where the server is? Premium or Indy - I had both and found out that Premium has less download speed for a higher price. Those ladies do their job - good staff. I have both lines here - my Indy and the Premier of a friend some rooms away from me. But perhaps my experience is only true for my apartment block. Could be.

It is true that Premium has less nominal download speed for a higher price - but you will generally find that the actual speed is higher.

I've found there are no absolutes with regard to Internet in Thailand. Some people reports that they have tried and found an Indy line faster than a Premier, but the majority seems to agree that for "farang browsing" i.e. servers outside Thailand, Premier is much faster than Indy.

Back to 3BB; the term "3BB Pro" was new to me so I assumed it was 3BB's version of Premier. Maybe it is not so.

That is the connection speed of the modem I know or better the handshake speed. But I get about 80 + percent of this as real speed. Just checked again - see picture. It is not bad for Baht 590 :)

Yes, nice as long as the server is in Bangkok. Try again with a server in US or Europe.

Yes, nice as long as the server is in Bangkok. Try again with a server in US or Europe.

Checked now Frankfurt - the download speed is even faster only the upload speed suffers. SF in CA is not bad too.

post-91483-1266732929_thumb.png

post-91483-1266733298_thumb.png

Edited by Beggar

Premier doesnt mean its always better in the case for international speeds.

3BB 10mb is indeed good for the price. Since i moved from True to 3BB 10mb for the past few mths i never did once notice a drop in speeds but however i only get disconnected maybe once in a whole week.

i get about 10.5mb inside thailand and 10.2mb international around the US , japan , singapore.

speeds are pretty constant.

Checked now Frankfurt - the download speed is even faster only the upload speed suffers. SF in CA is not bad too.

Yes, as I pointed out a few posts back, "I've found there are no absolutes with regard to Internet in Thailand. Some people reports that they have tried and found an Indy line faster than a Premier, but the majority seems to agree that for "farang browsing" i.e. servers outside Thailand, Premier is much faster than Indy. "

• 1 month later...

I'm using 5mb/1Mb Indy+ and it's usually quite fast in Ubon. I'll be upgrading to 8Mb soon. When I talked to the 3bb office a few weeks ago, they said they will be releasing a 20Mb option "very soon." Undoubtedly, this will increase the speeds for each price level as it did last time. Anyone have any idea when this might happen? I don't want to pay for a year in advance (saves 10%) if they are changing prices soon.