Chaing Mai To Chon Buri Train/bus Cb To Cm By Bicycle

middlepath

Well, I want to visit some friends in Chon Buri. I live in Chiang Mai. Liked to coordinate a trip

where I can take my touring bicycle. Like to take the train, (because one can leave the bike intact) or bus and get off as close to Chon Buri as

possible ride to their home, (yes no train stations in CB) visit a few days then ride the bicycle back to CM. All can be done but getting to

Chon Buri is what I am trying to figure out with my bicycle. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

http://primia.net/thaibus/

Take NCA buss from Chiang Mai to Rayong. Debark at Chon Buri. VIP service about 800 baht. 11 hour trip. NCA station at the Arcade bus station.

Sounds good GL, but, what to do with the bicycle up to CB. Take it on the bus? I did not want to take it apart. Nice thing about the train is it is loaded all togahter and ready to roll.

Would not mind getting off the train even if I was only a 100k from CB.

Edited by middlepath

http://primia.net/thaibus/

Take NCA buss from Chiang Mai to Rayong. Debark at Chon Buri. VIP service about 800 baht. 11 hour trip. NCA station at the Arcade bus station.

Sounds good GL, but, what to do with the bicycle up to CB. Take it on the bus? I did not want to take it apart. Nice thing about the train is it is loaded all togahter and ready to roll.

Would not mind getting off the train even if I was only a 100k from CB.

They will put it on the bus.

bicycle is loaded in the lower baggage compartments. bike fee 150-200 baht.<br /><br />i was checking the buses a few days ago, saw one cyclist getting his bike off the bus, only had<br />to remove the front wheel.<br /><br />if the cm-rayong route uses buses similar to greenbus cm-mae sai, then you should be able to fit<br />the bike underneath without removing the wheel or saddlebags if you have them.

according to this schedule there is one train a day to chonburi:

http://www.traveller2000.com/train/TimeTab...e_Timetable.pdf

Edited by ChouDoufu

The only issue is how much baggage other passengers want to store under the bus. I've never had a problem storing my bike in the luggage bay on a dozen trips. Only once did I need to remove a wheel.

One poster has suggested that this policy may have changed on the CM-Chiang Khong route (although I have never had a problem on this route) so it may become an issue on other routes in the future.