• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The list is just keeps growing from the Nation:

Urgent: Thaksin guilty of abusing authority to benefit Shin Corp

Court rules Cabinet increased loan to Burma to benefit Shin Corp

Court finds Thaksin abused authority to help ThaiCom win telecom deal from Burma

Court rules Surapong abused authority to help ThaiCom

Court rules Shin Corp's dilution of equity in ThaiCom favourable to Shin Corp

Court ruled Thaksin abused authority to help Shin Corp over new satellite

Court ruled Thaksin abused authority regarding to IPStar

Court rules Thaksin abused authority to help AIS

Conversion of concession fees ruled favourable to Shin Corp

Understatement of the day from BBC news: "It looks like the court is leaning towards agreeing with the prosecution". I know they have long been accused of a bias towards Thaksin, but this is ridiculous.

I think it was Jonathon Head who was quite biased, they seem more reasonable since he left.

Maybe I missed it in the 8 or 9 news articles I read about this, but I'm a bit confused as to why the court is doing this at night...? Don't courts usually meet during the day?

They started 7 hours ago!

im sure KFC will do great biz after this :)

AFP:

Thai court says Thaksin abused power to favour own company

BANGKOK, February 26, 2010 (AFP) - Thailand's top court said Friday that deposed premier Thaksin Shinawatra abused his power to benefit his own company, as it prepared to rule on the fate of his 2.3-billion-dollar fortune.

afplogo.jpg

-- ©Copyright AFP 2010-02-26

Published with written approval from AFP.

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

The court says money from sale of Shin Corp to Temasek was ill-gotten wealth.

-- The Nation

that's the major decision in this as far as money now time to get some judgements that prove with the evidence that he in fact abused the constitution in his role as PM. The loan to Burma as an example and obviously all the other decisions that he made that directly benefitted his family's businesses.

So that is exactly one down with so so many more to be ruled on. I await the day he fears to return to these shores to tell us exactly what he meant when he made the statement and i won't use quote marks as I don't have the recording available, but he told the press to stop questioning about the lawyer Somchai that went missing because it is known he is dead and 5 police officers were involved in it. He was right in part but in fact there is no proof that Somchai is in fact dead he is the only person that has stated that. we all know of the police involvement but still te body and the smoking gun have not appeared. taksin knows something and when someone finally figured out what he said and what it meant thaksin failed to elaborate or discuss how he got his information. It is critical when the PM has info in a disappearance and potential murder case to not refuse to answer questions about his knowledge of such but to stand up and shout what he has. Of course he was a cop before so maybe we should understand where he is comin g from. As they say Choke Dee but this man has quaranteed that all his will be MAI.

Well for sure not everyone will understand every element of the Supreme Court findings but people are not stupid, they will understand parts of it and they will get the flavour.

The village people can't understand why the government is entitled to Thaksin's money. They have no idea what is really going on here...totally brainwashed. It is an uphill battle to try and educate them. A bit like trying to get a Met's fan to say the Yankees are a good ball team!

How patronising. And foolish to boot as well.

spongeman I suggest you research "Abraham Maslow's pyramid" and you might understand where the people from the small villages are coming from. No one ever gave their village one million baht to spend as the village head saw fit. No one ever started a hospital insurance plan that only cost the patient 30 baht. Thaksin knew how to win over the "village people". They don't care about all the details. Those of us here, and you included, know how those plans failed.

my girlfrinend, from chiangmai, pays 30 bath every time need cures at the hospital

The village people can't understand why the government is entitled to Thaksin's money. They have no idea what is really going on here...totally brainwashed. It is an uphill battle to try and educate them. A bit like trying to get a Met's fan to say the Yankees are a good ball team!

How patronising. And foolish to boot as well.

spongeman I suggest you research "Abraham Maslow's pyramid" and you might understand where the people from the small villages are coming from. No one ever gave their village one million baht to spend as the village head saw fit. No one ever started a hospital insurance plan that only cost the patient 30 baht. Thaksin knew how to win over the "village people". They don't care about all the details. Those of us here, and you included, know how those plans failed.

my girlfrinend, from chiangmai, pays 30 bath every time need cures at the hospital

:)