Art & Music - Doi Luang

Thulemin

Hello guys!

Seems like there are many events happening at the moment. I wish I could go to the Smile Party at the reservoir on Saturday but there's another event calling me. I think it looks nice and I haven't seen any promotion for it, so I've decided to make some of my own :)

It's a very nice festival (or so it looks to me) that's happening in Chiang Dao at the moment. It started yesterday and finishes on Tuesday night.

From what the FB event says, it's "Acoustic Music, Tribal dance, Workshops, Yoga - Meditation Camping"

Here's the link to the event :

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=4894...76&index=1#!/event.php?eid=282484108491&ref=mf

One of my friends is part of the organization. That's how he describes it : "it's a down-to-earth, organic and ecological non-profit event to propagate the idea of self-sustainable life style through craft, music, yoga, meditation, etc... all out in a field surrounded by beautiful mountains 1.5 hour north of Chaing Mai. it's like the original 1969 Woodstock!

There will be plenty of folks already bringing their arts (musicians and craftsman and dancers and painters, etc...) and plenty of ideas and thoughts been exchanged about how people should learn to live with nature and blah blah blah... :D"

If you want to come, here's more information that my friend gave me:

from Chiang Mai you take Rt. 107 (same highway you take to Pai, before the left turn to that mountain road 1095) after that turning point for Pai, STAY STRAIGHT on 107 for another 35 km (you see the sign for Chaing Dao)

enjoy nice scenic ride by the river. about 3km before the town of Chaing Dao the highway splits right (downtown Chiang Dao) and left (Bypass, to Chiang Dao cave) take the bypass on left (main route kind of leads you to it)

2, 3 km after the split you come to an intersection with no traffic light but one yellow blinking light. 5 way intersection with bypass, (south and north) a road to Chiang Dao cave on the left, road to downtown on the right, and there's one more on your sharp left (the smallest road) TAKE THAT SHARP LEFT for the small road

to make sure that's the intersection you need to turn, you can find a Japanese restaurant TAKE about 50m into the road on the right (towards downtown)

so you are on the small road (head toward West, towards the mountain) for 2-3km. "Farm Stay" is the last English sign you see here, and the festival started putting posters on the route. Just before the hot spring and wildlife conservation center you turn left onto little soy, cross a small river (you can smell hot spring) drive through the little village of 12+ houses, into dirt road you'll reach the festival site.

admission is 50 baht per person per day. not including lodging and food. There's plenty of land for pitching tent, though good spot by the river and in the shades are probably taken. lots of places with roof. some bamboo shacks no-one's using, and there's a dorm too, but no futon or bed. just straw mat on hard floor.

not sure what kind of food will be sold there but there will be many shops from Chiang Dao and Chiang Mai. and there's are also some restaurants in town. WE ENCOURAGE you to take your own cups, bowls and spoon/folks. The festival would want to promote the reduction of disposable plastic waste.

general schedule; starts around noon every morning, with some kind of workshop, panel discussion and hand craft experiments. by 6 pm the live music starts until 10 pm. camp fire and acoustic music after hours!

Have fun this week-end :D

That sounds really great. Please let us know how it was. And, yes, I'm being sincere. I'm tired of all the Chiang Mai big city life.

What about coming and enjoying it first-hand? :) You don't have to stay the whole festival, staying one night is definitely possible!

I would love to go but I have to go to BKK. I like this idea and I have a mountain farm of 46 rai with buildings on it with many bathrooms and a pool and I would like to talk to anyone who can use that space. Yes, for free.

Plenty of camping space.

Edited by getgoin