Dubai Airport - 9 Hour Stop

game4shame

my next jaunt to thailand involves a 9 hour stopover in DXB ( :) ) so I'm trying to think of things to do to fill the time.

I'm into swimming, steam/sauna, jacuzzis etc and I hear the g-force health club can be used at an hourly rate.

I've done a few google searches but the prices seem to vary.

anyone had any experience of the aforementioned health club? prices? worth the bother?

cheers

game

:D

any change you have better options ( other flight schedules or airlines ) and no long layover?

flight is already booked through emirates website - I was aware of the 9 hour stop but the price was unbeatable (a little over £500 (approx 25000THB) return from glasgow).

I've spent full days delayed in airports before so 9 hours shouldn't be as bad as it sounds providing I've somthing to fill the time, hence the query re the health club.

I like a tipple too but 9 hours on the razz in an airport doesn't quite do it for me. plan is a few hours swimming + lounging in the sauna/steam/jacuzzi followed by a few drinks and then it should just about be time for the flight.

Why not visit a famous Thai resident, perhaps he has enough money left to buy you a drink.

:) well, whilst I wouldn't have a drink with him, I would gladly accept some of his billions of corrupt cash. better a decent hard-working citizen like myself spends it than that joker + at least I'd put some of it back into the thai economy.

You have probably already read this from the airports website

G-Force, Health Club

Passengers can use the swimming pool, jacuzzi and gymnasium on an hourly basis. Fees range between Dhs 15 (approx US$ 5) and Dhs 30 (approx US$ 8). Massage services are also available. Tel: 2164257

There is a hotel you can use, but it seems to be a bit pricey, and probably would wipe out, and more, any savings you made on your flight costs

Dubai International Hotel With 78 deluxe 5 star rooms, 6 junior suites, 2 royal suites, Dubai International Hotel is located on the third level of the Sheikh Rashid Terminal and offers a fantastic view of the runway and the Dubai Duty Free.

Deluxe single room costs as per the time slot are US $ 51/hour from 8:00 pm - 3:00am and US $ 41/hour from 4:00 am - 7:00 pm while Double rooms costs as per the time slot are US $ 62/hour from 8:00 pm - 3:00am and US $ 52/hour from 4:00 am - 7:00 pm.

All rooms are fitted out with TVs, mini Bars, luxurious bathrooms and a safe. Rooms are also available on an hourly basis. Special rooms are available for the disabled.

any change you have better options ( other flight schedules or airlines ) and no long layover?

flight is already booked through emirates website - I was aware of the 9 hour stop but the price was unbeatable (a little over £500 (approx 25000THB) return from glasgow).

I've spent full days delayed in airports before so 9 hours shouldn't be as bad as it sounds providing I've somthing to fill the time, hence the query re the health club.

I like a tipple too but 9 hours on the razz in an airport doesn't quite do it for me. plan is a few hours swimming + lounging in the sauna/steam/jacuzzi followed by a few drinks and then it should just about be time for the flight.

Why not visit a famous Thai resident, perhaps he has enough money left to buy you a drink.

:) well, whilst I wouldn't have a drink with him, I would gladly accept some of his billions of corrupt cash. better a decent hard-working citizen like myself spends it than that joker + at least I'd put some of it back into the thai economy.

A frend of mine is comeing on 3 april I belive Jet air. Paying 384 pound's ret: 1hour 40min stop over both way's. So your's is not that cheap or great.

A frend of mine is comeing on 3 april I belive Jet air. Paying 384 pound's ret: 1hour 40min stop over both way's. So your's is not that cheap or great.

jet air? great, leaving from LHR I take it? very useful for me living in aberdeen.

I'll just walk to heathrow shall I? :)

a little over £500 return, from scotland, in june, is good in my book.

jet air? great, leaving from LHR I take it? very useful for me living in aberdeen.

I'll just walk to heathrow shall I? :)

a little over £500 return, from scotland, in june, is good in my book.

Sorry about that omitted to read the aberdeen bit. Hope your not still snowed in by then!!!Have a good flight.

Have you considered using an airport lounge? They're good value with fine wines and choice of hot meals.

funny you mention that - I've just wangled business class for my DXB-BKK leg so I'll have access to the emirates lounge. should come in handy.

I had a bit of a problem involving a cancelled emirates flight last year and after a few whinging emails I managed to get an upgrade out of them, albeit only part of the ticket. better than nothing I suppose.

a few hours in the pool, sauna & spa at the g-force health club followed by wining and dining in the emirates lounge......this 9 hour stop business is beginning to look like a doddle......

.....actually, I'm not the luckiest when it comes to airport's (cancelled flights, delays etc) so I wont get too cocky just yet.

If you've been upgraded on the Airbus A380-800 (EK 372) then you're in for a real treat!

it is indeed the A380-800 EK372. looking forward to it.

I hope I don't sleep the whole way - need to savour the business class quality. it'll be back to cattle class on the way home. :)