The Real Heros

lovelomsak

Ah, so that's why so many guys marry bar girls? I always thought they fell in love, or something, but now I know they do it because they have this heavenly desire to help someone in need. You've gotta wonder though, if they are so heroic, why are they marring bar girls, and not, say, homeless people, or serious drug addicts? There are people far worse off in the world than Thai bar girls. If you want to give your marriage away as charity there are much more worthwhile causes.

A good response. Unfortunately most bar girl marriages simply fail.

substitute the word "single man" insert "sucker" and thats the perception out there :)

exactly my point they get no respect

but why?

In your own country would you be proud or embarrassed if for example your dad/brother went with a hooker?

in your country you respect guys who use hookers??

Guys dont come over here to "Save" poor unfortunate women.

I dunno..between the virgin thread and this one, thaivisa has been rather entertaining to read today. Ive learned that women may be useless commodities once "deflowered", and that sex tourists/sex pats are actually just unsung heroes "rescuing" these poor ladies from the trade they indulged in (which of course isnt a bad profession, at least whilst they are indulging in it).

Its actually a wonderful cycle really. Mark from the virgin thread goes around deflowering and abandoning these poor girls, but, afterwards they are actually enlightened and grateful. So, maybe now they are all empowered but also being a useless commodity in the marriage stakes, they formulate a wicked business plan and become a bg. Then along comes the unsung hero, who snaps her up and gives her a happy home. Doesnt that all just come together nicely!

Well..learn something new everyday ..

maybe i just summed it up wrong though.

Apologies if so.

I don't think you have Eek...... :) .......to me the whole virgin thing is way overated.......and the unsung hero is stretching things a bit.....but somewhere in there is a considerate middle road.

A balanced response, 473geo. I also see eeks point of view and don't entirely disagree... but then I am a man. However, the OP's premise that the men who marry bar girls are somehow "unsung heros" is a bit far fetched. But, I do agree that they probably as a whole do more to support the women hooked on hooking then the government run agencies. The government agencies should stick to where they are REALLY needed... in the mafia run prostitution houses that handle young women sold into sexual slavery by their parents. That is a nasty trade that deals almost entirely with Asian clientel.

The biggest problem with being a bar girl is there aren't enough suitable men to go around. The young guys their own age are only around for a short time. After that they have to go back to their home country to earn a living. The older expats are about all that are available, and not a lot of them have the money to support a Thai wife and her whole family living in Issan... along with the sick buffalo.

And, contrary to the popular opinion, there are many bar girls who really enjoy their work. They have their good days and their bad days, but no more and no less than any other woman working in Thailand... or any other third world country. Women have been using their bodies to better their life style as far back as humans have been on this earth. It's only in the minds of the prudes that it is somehow wrong.

I dunno..between the virgin thread and this one, thaivisa has been rather entertaining to read today. Ive learned that women may be useless commodities once "deflowered", and that sex tourists/sex pats are actually just unsung heroes "rescuing" these poor ladies from the trade they indulged in (which of course isnt a bad profession, at least whilst they are indulging in it).

Its actually a wonderful cycle really. Mark from the virgin thread goes around deflowering and abandoning these poor girls, but, afterwards they are actually enlightened and grateful. So, maybe now they are all empowered but also being a useless commodity in the marriage stakes, they formulate a wicked business plan and become a bg. Then along comes the unsung hero, who snaps her up and gives her a happy home. Doesnt that all just come together nicely!

Well..learn something new everyday ..

maybe i just summed it up wrong though.

Apologies if so.

Succinctly put. It does seem that there is a certain happy serendipity about it all, doesn't it?

However, I'm not sure but that the OP was speaking a little tongue in cheek, though...

SC