Best Ebanking Thai Bank And Cheapest Exchange Rates ?

Hi,

I have already a siam commercial bank saving account (with scb easy card), but i want to choose another thai bank, beacause exchange rates and ebanking and fees not among the best i think.

I will live in Isaan near Khon Kaen, what would the best bank on the average ?

Thanks.

Jay.

I use Kasikorn Bank because they have very good exchange rates. Their e-banking is only acceptable for transactions between own accounts and bill payment to Thai companys.

UOB (United Overseas Bank) have slightly better exchange rates.

I changed ebanking from BKB to SCB. Because BKB were so inefficient. SCB fees are slightly higher for ATM withdrawals outside my province, but I don't mind since I get better service.

Thanks for answering :D

Not easy to find a thai bank as good for international ebanking and as for exchange rates (atm notes transfer) too ! :)

Does anybody knows such a good bank ?

Jay.

I use Kasikorn Bank because they have very good exchange rates. Their e-banking is only acceptable for transactions between own accounts and bill payment to Thai companys.

UOB (United Overseas Bank) have slightly better exchange rates.

I disagree - they are also good for payments to third parties (individuals). No formality for setting up payees other than the One Time Password via sms.

beacause exchange rates and ebanking and fees not among the best

Exchange rates shouldn't be a concern, unless you're buying baht over the counter, or depositing a check. And even here, the "buy/sell" rates are pretty similar among the large banks.

But most of us send money to Thailand, not carry it. And with electronic transfers, all Thai banks will give you the TT rate, which only fluctuates a few satang amongst the large banks. And most also charge a fee of between 200 and 500 baht per international electronic transaction.

So, actually, the cost of turning farang money into baht is influenced primarily by the fees your farang bank charges, the wire/electronic transfer fees, and the credit/debit/ATM card fees charged by the Visa and MC networks. Basing your decision for a Thai bank on exchange rates doesn't quite make sense, at least to me.....

For Internet Banking, Bangkok Bank has been fine with me. All my utility bills are direct debited; I can send money on-line to employees' accounts; and any charges are too small to factor. But, I suppose I'd be happy with any Thai bank's 'ebanking,' as they all do pretty much the same thing, as far as I can tell.