The New Bike Finally Arrived

The new Ducati 1198S has finally arrived, for the people who where hoping, that the delivery of the new 1198S would result in a lower asking price for the old 1098S. Sorry the 1098S is sold. The 1198S is still new and not believe that pushing it hard will be a good thing. But soon I will tell all about it... :)

a_ducati_1198s_arrived.jpg8_ducati_1198s_full-body-picture.jpg

Edited by Richard-BKK

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The grey dust on the tires is from the concrete, the front was done not so long ago. The tires on the 1198S are a set of Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SP, which have not much profile they are, as Pirelli describes it “Racing Supersport tires”. The Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SP are last “street legal” tires before moving to pure circuit/track tires.

img_diabloSupercorsa2.jpg

The Ducati 1198S is actually almost the same size as the Monster 696.

Ducati Monster 696

wheelbase 1450mm

dry weight 161kg

Ducati 1198S

wheelbase 1430mm

dry weight 169kg

The 1198S seat-height is 44mm higher then the Honda CBR150. The in difference in weight is the Monster 696 is air-cooled and the 1198S is liquid-cooled. Also the extra electronics for the DDA and DTC are probably counting for some weight.

The 1198S is actually easier to ride than the Monster 696 the DTC (Ducati Traction Control) makes it almost impossible to do anything wrong.

The 1198S costs just a few thousand less then 1.6 million, but lucky I sold my previous bike so that made it easier. Also I promised the bank manager that he could borrow the bike for a weekend, so financing was no problem :):D :D

Sweet, that's one of the nicest superbikes you can get here, you can't do much better.

You need to take it to the track and work those tires.

I can do it for you if you're busy :-)

post-91685-1267673567_thumb.jpg

The 1198S costs just a few thousand less then 1.6 million, but lucky I sold my previous bike so that made it easier. Also I promised the bank manager that he could borrow the bike for a weekend, so financing was no problem :):D:D

unfortunately slightly more than my kwaker Ninja 650R

The 1198S costs just a few thousand less then 1.6 million, but lucky I sold my previous bike so that made it easier. Also I promised the bank manager that he could borrow the bike for a weekend, so financing was no problem :):D:D

unfortunately slightly more than my kwaker Ninja 650R

slightly....

Really nice bike Richard. Very cool.

The more the better....I,ve not seen a 1198 on the road here in Singapore although I,ve met a couple of 1098s.

I did see a Desmocedici on the road here a couple of weeks ago. :)