Tot Billion Modem And Linksys Wifi ?

april81

Hi !

I use TOT ADSL in krabi and they give me a modem Billion, i would like to use the wifi and bought Linksys Router, how to use it with my modem? I don't have any password or login. How to configurate on the adress 192.168.1.1 ? RFC 2516 PPPoA,RFC 1483 Bridge....

Thanks a lot :)

Call TOT and get the password you need as they should have given it to you already. I have a Linsys router and TOT never have the info for them and instead give you the number to call them direct. A couple of years ago there was a direct freephone number which would connect you to an English speaker but now it diverts to a local office. Have some patience and they will eventually pass you through to the office in the Philippines and they have always been excellent with their patience and knowledge walking me (not very technically minded) through all the steps needed to get set up.

<br />Call TOT and get the password you need as they should have given it to you already. I have a Linsys router and TOT never have the info for them and instead give you the number to call them direct. A couple of years ago there was a direct freephone number which would connect you to an English speaker but now it diverts to a local office. Have some patience and they will eventually pass you through to the office in the Philippines and they have always been excellent with their patience and knowledge walking me (not very technically minded) through all the steps needed to get set up.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Thanks but i asked to the owner of the bunglaow i rent and he told me he called TOT and the company said, there is no password or login, you have just connect with the cable your linksys router to the billion modem, but it doesn't work, very boring...

Thanks again for your help :)

Quick and dirty and assuming the Billion has an ethernet interface not USB.

Plug your PC into the Linksys (one of the 4 switch ports), do NOT connect anything else.

Using your browser go to 192.168.1.1 (that's the default of the Linksys) and log in (Admin, Admin IIRC).

In the Linksys:-

Disable DHCP

Change its IP address to 192.168.1.2

Plug your Billion into another of the switch ports.

Should now work with no wireless security, check it does then set up the WiFi security.

With this arrangement you are using the Linksys as an access point rather than a router.

Like I said, quick and dirty.